Your Apple iPhone 5S is worth a pretty penny, especially if you use online trade-in sites. So if you're interested in selling your device, read on.
Where can you sell your iPhone 5S?
Fortunately, there are quite a few ways to sell your iPhone 5S, both online and offline:
- ecoATM - If you'd like instantaneous payment, you can always check out an ecoATM, where you can deposit your iPhone 5S.
- Physical Retailers - Wireless carriers and stores like Best Buy will gladly accept your iPhone 5S in exchange for cash or credit.
- Locally - With sites like Craigslist, you can coordinate an exchange involving your iPhone 5S with a local buyer.
- Online Trade-in Stores - Online stores, such as Amazon, will offer you credit in exchange for your phone.
- Online Retailers - You can sell directly to consumers (which may be your best bet if you want the most cash) with sites like Amazon and eBay.
- Technology-specific Trade-in Sites - Trade-in sites like Glyde, Gazelle, and Decluttr will offer to buy your iPhone 5S for a decent amount of money.
Benefits of selling your phone online
Selling your phone online is much better compared to selling it offline. Here are a few reasons as to why:
1. You'll save time, energy, and money.
Thanks to a free shipping kit often provided by trade-in companies, you won't have to worry about spending money on gas or time in line.
2. Online sites tend to dish out more money.
Most of the time, online sites will pay more for your used phone compared to physical trade-in stores.
3. Cash or credit? More often cash.
Retailers online often provide you with a myriad of payouts, including check, Paypal, credit, gift card, and more. In-store, you'll be more limited to cash or credit (or simply just credit.)
Trading in your old iPhone 5S for cash online
If you're interested in trading in your iPhone 5S, you'll typically have to follow these steps:
1. Select your phone/type/carrier.
2. Choose your phone's condition (working, fair, or poor condition?).
3. Receive your quote.
4. Ship your phone and receive payment.
It's important to keep in mind to shop around for trade-in companies, as you'll want the most money for your device.
Have a cracked or broken phone? No problem!
Most trade-in companies will accept a cracked or broken iPhone 5S, but you'll receive than what you'd earn if the phone was in good condition.
Before you sell your iPhone 5S, reset it!
It's important to remember to reset your iPhone, but before that, you should back up your data to the iCloud. To reset your phone:
1. From the home screen, tap Settings > General > Reset
2. Select "Erase All Content and Settings"
3. When/if prompted, input your passcode
4. Tap "Erase" to confirm factory reset