If you're looking to sell your iPhone 6, then you've come to the right place. Depending on where you sell your device, you'll earn a decent amount of cash. Curious to learn more? Then read on!
Where can you sell your iPhone 6?
Offline and online, there are various avenues to look into for selling your iPhone 6:
- ecoATM - Want a quick and easy payment? While you won't receive a lot of money, you'll be able to recycle your iPhone 6, working or broken, with an ecoATM.
- Physical Retailers - Wireless carriers and stores like Best Buy and GameStop will exchange cash or credit for your phone.
- Locally - Sites like Craigslist are perfect if you want to meet with a buyer locally.
- Online Trade-in Stores - Online retailers such as Amazon will offer you credit in exchange for your iPhone 6.
- Online Retailers - If you want to earn a little more and don't mind the waiting time, you can always sell your cell phone directly to the consumer via sites like Amazon or eBay.
- Technology-specific Trade-in Sites - Glyde, Gazelle, Swappa, and other similar sites will happily allow you to trade in your iPhone 6 in exchange for credit, PayPal, check, etc.
Benefits of selling your iPhone 6 online
You're better off selling your phone online than offline for the following reasons:
1. Money and time will be saved.
With a free shipping kit provided by trade-in companies online, you won't have to waste any time waiting in line or gas money.
2. You'll typically earn more with online sites.
Physical trade-in stores will typically pay you less for your phone in comparison to online trade-in stores.
3. Depending on the site, you have more payout options.
Online trade-in stores will often provide you more options for payout, such as PayPal, check, credit, gift cards, etc. In-store trade-ins typically allow either cash or credit, or just credit.
Trading in your old iPhone 6 for cash online
Trading in your iPhone 6 is a simple process. Typically, the process is as follows:
1. On the site, choose your phone, type, color, storage, and carrier.
2. Select your phone's condition (good, fair, broken, etc.).
3. Receive your quote.
4. Ship your phone to the company and receive payment.
Be sure to shop around for trade-in companies, as you want to receive the most amount of money for your phone.
Have a cracked or broken phone? No problem!
If your iPhone 6 is cracked or broken, you can still trade it in for some cash. Most trade-in stores will accept a broken device, though you'll earn less than what you would typically earn with a phone in good condition.
Before you sell your iPhone 6, reset it!
Before shipping out your iPhone 6, you need to reset it to factory settings. Beforehand, be sure to back up your data. Then, follow the steps below to reset:
1. From the home screen, tap Settings > General > Reset
2. Choose "Erase All Content and Settings"
3. When/if prompted, input your passcode
4. Tap "Erase"