The beastly iPhone X may not be to everyone's liking. Perhaps you dislike the iPhone X or have a spare one lying around, and you're interested in selling it. If so, we hope this guide will help you with selling the iPhone X.
Where can you sell your iPhone X?
Fortunately, you can sell your iPhone X to the following:
- Locally - You can meet face-to-face with a consumer to sell your iPhone X, especially with the help of Craiglist or Facebook Marketplace.
- Physical Retailers - Some physical retailers will purchase your iPhone X, but unfortunately, and at the time of this writing, not many retailers will take in the iPhone X.
- Direct to Consumer - The iPhone X is a hot ticket item and, at the time of writing, goes for over $1,000. If anything, your best bet is to sell directly to the consumer with sites like eBay and Amazon.
- Technology-specific Trade-in Sites - Very few trade-in sites currently accept the iPhone X. Gazelle is one such site that will trade cash for the iPhone X, however.
Benefits of selling your phone online
Selling the iPhone X is much easier online compared to offline. How?
1. You won't waste time or money
With the free shipping kits provided by most online trade-in sites, you won't have to drive to a store and waste time and gas money.
2. Trade-in sites will often give you more money
Trade-in sites like Gazelle will typically give more money compared to big, physical trade-in stores like Best Buy.
3. More payment options
Need Bitcoin instead of a check? What about a gift card? It's likelier you'll find those options at an online trade-in store compared to a physical retailer that accepts trade-ins.
Trading in your old iPhone X for cash online
Trading in your iPhone X online is a cinch. What's the process? Well:
1. Select the iPhone X, color, storage size, and carrier.
2. Choose the condition of the iPhone X (good, fair, poor, etc.).
3. Review your quote.
4. Ship out your phone to the company and receive payment.
Have a cracked or broken iPhone X? Trade it in!
Even if the iPhone X is cracked and broken, many online trade-in sites will accept your device, regardless of the condition. Sure, you'll receive less, but it's better than having to pay between $280 and $550 in repair fees.
Before you sell your iPhone X, make sure to reset it!
Resetting your iPhone X to factory settings is a simple process, but before you do so, please back up your data. You'll then simply need to:
1. Tap Settings > General > Reset from the home screen
2. Tap "Erase All Content and Settings"
3. If/when prompted, input your passcode
4. Select "Erase"