Being a modern, sleek phone, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, if you choose to sell it, you'll earn a few hundred dollars. Interested in learning more? Read on to find out!
Where can you sell your Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
A variety of locations will accept your Note 8, including:
- Physical Retailers - At the time of this writing, there aren't many physical retailers that will accept a Note 8.
- Locally - You can coordinate a sale with the help of ads and sites like Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace.
- Online Trade-in Stores - At the time of writing, very few online retailers will offer you cash or credit in exchange for the Note 8.
- Direct-to-Consumer - Fortunately, sites like eBay and Amazon will allow you to sell your Note 8 directly to a consumer.
- Technology-specific Trade-in Sites - Some technology-specific sites, like Gazelle, will purchase your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
Benefits of selling your phone online
Why should you sell your phone online? Well:
1. It's much more efficient
You don't have to change clothes and drag yourself to the local store to trade in your phone. Instead, you can take advantage of the free shipping boxes online trade-in sites will provide.
2. Online sites tend to pay more money
Oftentimes, you'll earn more by selling your phone online compared to selling your phone in a store.
3. Online sites offer a variety of payouts
Need Bitcoin? Prefer a PayPal payout? In that case, you should sell online. You'll likely be able to choose between more types of payouts online.
Sell Your Phone: Have a Samsung Galaxy S9 instead? Then refer our guide to selling your S9.
Trading in your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 for cash online
Trading in your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 online is typically a simple process:
- First, select your phone and its type, carrier, and storage amount.
- Choose the condition of your phone (working, fair, poor, etc.).
- Review your quote.
- If you're satisfied, ship your phone and receive payment.
It's always a good idea to check various quotes from several trade-in sites to earn the most money for your Note 8.
Compare: Looking to buy a used Samsung Galaxy Note 8? Then compare prices of the Note 8 with our price comparison tool.
Have a cracked or broken phone? No problem!
Fortunately, most sites will pay you for your cracked or broken Note 8, but you'll receive less than what you'd earn for a good-condition Note 8.
Before you sell your Samsung Galaxy Note 8, reset it!
Before you sell your Note 8, make sure to backup everything and do the following in order to factory reset:
- Press and hold the Volume up, Power and Bixby buttons until the Samsung logo appears.
- At the hard reset menu, scroll down to "wipe data/factory reset" with the volume down button.
- Scroll down and choose "Yes."
There's also the software method:
- Choose Settings > Backup and rest
- Select "Factory data reset"
- Tap "Reset," and if prompted, enter your pin
- Tap "Delete All"