If you have a Samsung Galaxy S5 gathering dust, then you may be better off selling it. You can earn some quick cash by doing so! If you're interested in learning more about selling your S5, then read on!
Where can you sell your Samsung Galaxy S5?
A variety of locations will buy your Samsung Galaxy S5, such as:
- ecoATM - If you're desperate for quick cash, then an ecoATM may be your best bet. However, while you'll be paid instantaneously, you'll receive $25 or less for the Galaxy S5.
- Physical Retailers - Physical retailers such as GameStop or Best Buy will pay you a decent amount of money for your Galaxy S5.
- Online Trade-in Retailers - Similar to physical retailers, major online sites such as Amazon will pay you in cash or credit for your Galaxy S5.
- Direct-to-Consumer - If you want to earn a bit more money for your S5, then you should try selling your phone directly to consumers via sites like Amazon and eBay.
- Technology-specific Trade-in Sites - Glyde, Gazelle, Swappa, and similar sites will pay you quickly for your Samsung Galaxy S5.
Benefits of selling your phone online
What's so great about selling your phone online? Well:
1. It's much more efficient
You won't have to travel to a store to trade in your S5. Most of the time, you'll be provided with a free shipping kit from the online trade-in company.
2. Online sites tend to pay more money
It's unfortunate, but you won't earn a lot for your S5. However, with online trade-in sites, you'll likely earn the maximum amount possible for the device.
3. You have more payout options
Prefer Bitcoin? How about PayPal? Check? Direct deposit? Fortunately, online sites offer a myriad of ways to pay you for your phone.
Trading in your old Samsung Galaxy S5 for cash online
So how do you go about trading in your Samsung Galaxy S5 online? Normally, you follow these steps:
- Select your phone and its carrier, type, and storage size.
- Choose its condition (working, fair, poor, broken, etc.).
- Review the quote you receive.
- Ship out your phone and receive payment.
Do keep in mind that if you want the maximum amount of money for your phone, then you should search for and review as many quotes as possible from trade-in stores.
Have a cracked or broken phone? No problem!
Fortunately, most trade-in companies will purchase your phone, no matter the condition. However, you won't receive as much money for a broken phone as you would for a phone that's in good condition.
Before you sell your Samsung Galaxy S5, reset it!
Be sure to back up your data before you reset your Galaxy Note 5. After you do so, you'll need to:
- Hold down the volume up, home, and power button simultaneously until the Android recovery screen appears.
- With the volume down button, scroll down until you highlight "wipe data/factory reset"
- Press the power button.
- Scroll down with the volume down button until you see "Yes - delete all user data."
- Press the power button and execute the wipe.