If you have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge collecting dust, then you may want to consider selling it. With this guide, you'll find the basics of selling your Galaxy S6 Edge, including where to sell it and how to factory reset your phone before shipping it.
Where can you sell your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge?
There are a variety of locations to sell your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, including:
- ecoATM - While you won't earn as much as you would selling your phone to a physical retailer or online, an ecoATM is a quick, easy, and painless way to get rid of your S6 Edge. Simply drop it off at a kiosk and you'll instantly be paid.
- Physical Retailers - Physical retailers including GameStop and Best Buy will offer you cash or credit in exchange for your S6 Edge.
- Locally - You can meet with a buyer locally to sell your phone with the aid of sites such as Craiglist.
- Online Trade-in Stores - Retailers online, including Amazon, Best Buy, and Walmart will offer you cash or credit for your S6 Edge.
- Direct-to-Consumer - Want more cash? While it could take a while longer, you can sell your phone directly to the consumer with sites like eBay and Amazon.
- Technology-specific Trade-in Sites - Several technology trade-in sites like Swappa and Gazelle will pay good money for your S6 Edge.
Benefits of selling your phone online
So why should you sell your phone online? Well:
1. It saves you time and money
Put simply, you'll save time, money, and energy that would otherwise be wasted traveling to a store to trade in your phone.
2. Online sites tend to pay more money
If you'd like to earn a little more money, then you'll be better off trading your phone in online.
3. Online sites offer a variety of payouts
Prefer Bitcoin over a check? What about PayPal? How about a gift card? You'll have a wider variety of payout options with online trade-in sites.
Trading in your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for cash online
So how easy is it to sell your phone online? Quite simple, actually. Typically, you need to:
- Select the phone, type, carrier, and storage size.
- Highlight the phone's condition (working, fair, poor, broken, etc.).
- Review your quote from the company.
- Ship your phone and receive payment.
Of course, it's always a good idea to browse among various trade-in companies so you can receive the highest payment possible for your S6 Edge.
Have a cracked or broken phone? No problem!
A cracked or broken phone will be no issue to the trade-in company. They'll happily take the phone off of your hands, but you'll receive less than what you'd typically earn with a phone that's in good condition.
Before you sell your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, reset it!
Before you sell your Galaxy S6 Edge, you should perform a factory reset, but beforehand, you should back up your data. After you've done so, the factory reset process is simple:
- Turn off your device.
- Hold the volume up, home and power buttons together.
- You'll then see the boot menu.
- Scroll down to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" with the volume down key. Press the power button.
- Highlight "Yes, delete all user data." Press the power button.
You can also perform a factory reset straight from the "Settings":
- Tap Settings > Backup and reset > Factory Data Reset
- You'll be warned that all data will be lost. Confirm your selection and press "Reset Device."
- Finally, tap "Delete All"