Have a Samsung Galaxy S6 lying around? Then why not sell it? If you're unsure of how to sell your phone, don't worry - we've got your back with this quick guide.
Where can you sell your Samsung Galaxy S6?
You can sell your S6 to various sites, including:
- ecoATM - An ecoATM, which will recycle your S6, will grant you some instant cash, but be warned - you won't earn a lot of money if you choose this method.
- Physical Retailers - Stores like Best Buy and GameStop will pay you in cash or credit for your Galaxy S6.
- Locally - With the aid of sites like Facebook Marketplace, you can meet with a local buyer and sell your S6.
- Online Trade-in Stores - Sites like Amazon and Best Buy will give you credit or a deposit in exchange for your Galaxy S6.
- Direct-to-Consumer - You can sell your phone directly to a consumer with the help of sites like eBay and Amazon.
- Technology-specific Trade-in Sites - Some technology-specific sites, like Gazelle and Swappa, will pay you for your Samsung Galaxy S6.
Benefits of selling your phone online
There are a few benefits to selling your phone online:
1. It saves you time and money
It takes time and also money - in the form of gas money, anyway - to drive to the store and trade in your phone. With a free shipping kit provided by the online trade-in store, you can avoid the lines and traffic.
2. Online sites tend to pay more money
Need a little more cash? If you need more money, then it's best to sell your phone online, as you'll likely earn more.
3. Online sites offer a variety of payouts
Would you like to be paid in a gift card? PayPal? How about Bitcoin? Fortunately, many online trade-in stores offer various payout methods that are uncommon with physical trade-in stores.
Trading in your Samsung Galaxy S6 for cash online
Trading in your Samsung Galaxy S6 online is typically a simple process:
- You select your phone and its type, storage amount, and provider
- You then select the phone's condition. Is it working? Are there scratches on it? Is it broken?
- Review the quote you receive.
- Ship out your phone and get paid.
Be sure to investigate various quotes from several trade-in sites so you can earn the maximum amount of money for your Galaxy S6.
Have a cracked or broken phone? No problem!
Did you know that a trade-in company will typically accept a cracked or broken phone? Even if the phone has been destroyed, the company will still pay out, though the amount you receive may be small.
Before you sell your Samsung Galaxy S6, reset it!
Before you sell your Galaxy S6, you should back up your data and perform the following to factory reset:
- Turn off your device.
- Hold the volume up, home and power buttons simultaneously.
- You'll then see the boot menu.
- From there, scroll down to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" with the volume down key. Press the power button.
- Highlight "Yes, delete all user data." Press the power button.
You can also perform a Factory Reset from the smartphone's settings:
- Tap Settings > Backup and reset > Factory Data Reset
- You'll be warned that all data will be lost. Confirm your selection and press "Reset Device."
- Finally, tap "Delete All"