Interested in selling your Samsung Galaxy S8? At the time of this writing, the sale of a Galaxy S8 can net you a few hundred dollars. If you're interested in learning more, then read on!
Where can you sell your Samsung Galaxy S8?
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is still quite new, so many retailers won't buy the device quite yet. With that being said, there are several ways to sell your S8:
- Physical Retailers - At the time of this writing, many physical retailers will not take your S8.
- Locally - You can arrange a meeting with a buyer to sell your S8 with the help from sites like Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist.
- Direct-to-Consumer - Sites like Amazon and eBay will allow you to sell your Galaxy S8 directly to the consumer.
- Technology-specific Trade-in Sites - There are some trade-in sites, such as Gazelle, that will pay you for your Galaxy S8.
Benefits of selling your phone online
So why should you sell your Samsung Galaxy S8 online? Besides the fact that there aren't many physical locations that will accept the S8 at the moment, you'll:
1. Save time and money
With the aid of a free shipping kit provided by an online trade-in company, you won't have to travel to a store to trade in your phone.
2. Receive more money from online sites
If you sell your phone online, you'll typically obtain greater payouts compared to what you'd receive via in-store trade-in.
3. Be able to choose from a variety of payouts
If you'd like to be paid beyond cash or credit, then you'll be pleased to know that online sites tend to pay in a variety of ways, including Bitcoin, check, PayPal, gift cards, and more.
Trading in your Samsung Galaxy S8 for cash online
Trading in your Samsung Galaxy S8 online is a simple process. Normally, you'll need to:
- Select your phone and its type, provider, and storage size.
- Choose the phone's condition (good, fair, poor, etc.).
- Review your quote.
- Ship your phone and get paid.
Of course, be sure to shop around for the highest quote so you can earn the maximum amount possible for your Samsung Galaxy S8.
Have a cracked or broken phone? No problem!
Trade-in companies will eagerly pay you for your broken phone. Sure, you won't earn as much as you would if your S8 was in good condition, but selling a broken phone is better than throwing it in the trash.
Before you sell your Samsung Galaxy S8, reset it!
Resetting your Samsung Galaxy S8 to factory settings is a quick and easy process.
Before performing a reset, you should back up your data, but once you're ready to reset, you'll need to:
- Press and hold the Volume up, Power and Bixby buttons until the Samsung logo appears.
- At the hard reset menu, scroll down to "wipe data/factory reset" with the volume down button.
- Scroll down and select "Yes."
However, you can also reset your phone when it is powered on:
- Choose Settings > Backup and rest
- Select "Factory data reset"
- Tap "Reset," and if prompted, enter your pin
- Tap "Delete All"