AT&T Phone Deals
There's a lot to love about the AT&T network.
Rated the second best performing wireless network by Root Metrics, AT&T offers reliable nationwide 4G LTE mobile service.
Whether you plan to switch to AT&T wireless or you're already on the network, you need to know where to get the best AT&T cell phone deals. No problem - we've got great ways for you to save big money, including how to get popular smartphones for up to 50% off the retail price.
Plus - you'll learn how to get deep discounts on cell phone plans. Stay tuned!
AT&T Price Comparison Chart
|Apple iPhone 8||AT&T||Used||$235|
|Apple iPhone X||AT&T||Refurbished||$475|
|Apple iPhone XR||AT&T||Used||$405|
|Samsung Galaxy S8||AT&T||Used||$229|
|Samsung Galaxy S9||AT&T||Used||$270|
Best AT&T iPhone 8 Deal: Decluttr
Today's Cheapest Price: $235
Best AT&T iPhone X Deal: Decluttr
Today's Cheapest Price: $475
Best AT&T iPhone XR Deal: Decluttr
Today's Cheapest Price: $405
Best AT&T Galaxy S8 Deal: Back Market
Today's Cheapest Price: $229
Best AT&T Galaxy S9 Deal: Back Market
Today's Cheapest Price: $270
Buy Refurbished to Get the Best AT&T Phone Deal
That shiny brand new phone from your carrier is tempting, we know. It's also very expensive - and if you use device financing it ties you to your carrier for 24 months.
If you've considered buying a refurbished or used smartphone you're in good company. This option is growing exponentially in popularity for a number of reasons:
- You save money: It's not unusual to find a top device a model or two old - like the Samsung Galaxy S9 - for about half the cost of new.
- Changes between models are slight: For example, the iPhone X boasts a couple of extra camera features and improved display colors among a few other small changes. It's up to you whether that's worth paying over $1000 for vs half that for a refurbished iPhone 8.
- Repairs are simple: Phone repair shops have made it easier and cheaper to get your phone fixed vs dealing with manufacturer warranties and deductibles.
- You get freedom: When you have phone payments you can't leave your carrier until your device is paid off. Buying used means you can bring your own phone to a different carrier if you find a better deal.
What to Consider When Buying a Refurbished AT&T Phone
There are some things to look for when you're shopping for AT&T phones for sale without contracts.
Firstly, it's important to understand the terms used in the secondhand phone market:
- Used: You're usually buying a used cell phone directly by the owner, meaning it hasn't been inspected by a professional phone seller. Sites like Swappa facilitate owner-to-buyer transactions like this.
- Refurbished: A refurbished smartphone has typically been thoroughly inspected and repaired for sale. It may be restored to like-new, or it may have minor cosmetic wear with any major issues fixed.
- Certified pre-owned: Some sites, like Gazelle, sell certified phones. This simply means the device has undergone rigorous inspection and testing to make sure it's in great functioning condition.
Now let's go over what to look for when you're shopping refurbished and used AT&T phones:
- Warranty: Many sites offer phone warranties. You're likely to see 30 days from most sellers, although some - like Decluttr - give you a full year.
- Return period: What if you're not happy with your purchase? You might be concerned about the risk but reliable sellers will let you return your phone within a period of seven to 30 days, depending on the site.
- Device compatibility: Although you may see unlocked cell phones that claim to work on all four major networks, you'll get the best results if you stick with an AT&T phone on the AT&T network, a Sprint phone on the Sprint network, etc.
- Timing: Looking for the cheapest prices? You'll find them as soon as a new model is coming out. I.e., you'll see the best AT&T iPhone deals when a new version is about to drop.
- Payment options: There are some sellers that offer device financing on refurbished phones and Androids. The interest can be steep, however, so you're best off paying in full if at all possible.
More Ways to Save Money
Now that you know how to get the best AT&T cell phone deals, why not put even more money back in your pocket?
Sell Your Old Phone for Cash
If you're looking to get the most money, sell your phone online instead of trading it in. It's easy to do and helps offset the cost of your new (to you!) device.
Just be sure to compare offers first - there can be a significant difference in price among the various sites that buy phones.
Switch to a Low-Cost Carrier
MVNO stands for Mobile Virtual Network Operator. It's a long way of saying smaller wireless carrier that rents space on the big four networks and resells it to you at a lower cost.
Switching to an MVNO means you can keep your reliable AT&T mobile network plus get these benefits:
- Up to 50% or more off your cell phone plan
- No contracts or credit checks
- Great customer service
- Custom plans - including unlimited data plans - so you only pay for what you need
- Easily bring your own phone
The cell phone industry is shifting to a much more consumer-friendly place. With refurbished and used phones flooding the market and cheap cell phone plans competing with the big guys, there's no reason to go broke just to have your favorite device on a solid carrier.
- Compare prices to get the best AT&T cell phone deals.
- Switch to an AT&T MVNO to get the lowest price on your cell phone plan without sacrificing quality.
- Sell your phone online for cash.
Want to find out how much you can save over your current carrier? Check out our cell phone plan savings calculator!
COMPARE NOW: AT&T Cell Phone Deals