Cheapest AT&T Cell Phones
The latest smartphone comes out and AT&T tells you it's time to upgrade.
So, like most consumers, you go to the nearest store and pay whatever the cost to have the latest trend; because that is what the industry has trained us to do.
While the cell phone industry is booming, another industry isn't far behind – the rapidly growing used cell phone industry. That's great for consumers like you who need a dependable device at an affordable price.
In this guide, we'll go over what to look for and we'll show you the best deals on cheap AT&T phones from the most reputable sellers. Get ready to save a bundle!
AT&T Price Comparison Chart
|Apple iPhone 6S||AT&T||Used||$105|
|Apple iPhone 7||AT&T||Used||$143|
|Apple iPhone 8||AT&T||Used||$250|
|Samsung Galaxy S7||AT&T||Refurbished||$125|
|Samsung Galaxy S8||AT&T||Used||$229|
Best Cheap AT&T iPhone 6S Price: Decluttr
Today's Cheapest Price: $105
Best Cheap AT&T iPhone 7 Price: Back Market
Today's Cheapest Price: $143
Best Cheap AT&T iPhone 8 Price: Decluttr
Today's Cheapest Price: $250
Best Cheap AT&T Galaxy S7 Price: Decluttr
Today's Cheapest Price: $125
Best Cheap AT&T Galaxy S8 Price: Back Market
Today's Cheapest Price: $229
Buy Used to Get the Best Cheap AT&T Phones
The cell phone industry is making ghastly profits by quickly releasing "the next best thing" that we convince ourselves we have to have. The fact is that used smartphones still offer a ton of great features and functions while costing you a fraction of the retail price.
Why join the used cell phone movement?
- Save money: Get a good phone just a few generations back for under $200. Compared to $1000 or more for the latest flagship phone that's a steal!
- Better bang for your buck: Changes between models are generally slight. For instance, if you look at the Samsung Galaxy S7 vs. the Galaxy S8 you'll find a slightly larger display, image processing enhancement, and a different processor in the S8. Both, of course, have big screens with full HD resolution and dual cameras, but you actually get the same rear camera as the S7 (although the front camera got an upgrade) and worse battery life!
- Repairs are a breeze: You may be concerned with repairing an older phone if you should get a cracked screen or broken button. Phone repair shops are widely available now, making fixes convenient and affordable.
- Own your own phone - and your freedom: When you opt for a used AT&T cell phone you'll pay for it outright, giving you the flexibility to switch carriers if you find a better deal.
Let's be real, you're looking for the most bang for your buck when it comes to buying a budget smartphone, but searching the world wide web seems daunting - how do you know if you're really getting the lowest price point?
Here at MoneySavingPro, we have developed a comparison tool to help you find the best price for your next cell phone. While there are a number of used phone sites to choose from, we have hand-picked the best of the best for you. Check out our reviews on the best sites to buy a used phone.
Key Considerations When Buying a Cheap AT&T Phone
Aside from the price tag, there are a few other things to look at when comparing budget phones:
- Warranties: Where you're buying your used phone will determine if there is a warranty offered and if so, the length of that warranty. They're typically 30 days long, with the exception of Decluttr which gives you a full 12 months.
- Returns: knowing how long you can try your used phone before it needs to be returned can offer peace of mind.
- Device compatibility: Unlocked cell phones are definitely the place to start, but you also want to pay attention to carrier. Not all phones work on all wireless networks. For AT&T, you'll want to shop unlocked GSM phones since AT&T is a GSM (vs. CDMA) network.
- Payment options: some sites offer monthly payment options to help make purchasing your used phone even more affordable. Just be sure to look over the interest rates carefully.
- Certified devices: If you're looking at certified pre-owned mobile devices, that means they've undergone rigorous inspection and testing before being sold.
- Timing: Buying a used AT&T phone is already going to save you a ton. If you're aiming for the absolute lowest, rock-bottom price, buy right around the time when the next generation comes out. For example, when the Galaxy S10 comes out the prices on the used AT&T Galaxy S8 should fall below $200.
How to Save Even More Money
We love saving you money (hence the name MoneySavingPro!), which means we don't stop at telling you how to find the cheapest deals on your smartphone.
Sell Your Old Phone for Cash
Bigger is always better when it comes to the amount of money in your wallet. Rack in some fast cash by selling your old phone online.
Think you'll get more if you trade in your eligible device? Think again. In the vast majority of cases, you'll get a significantly higher offer by selling your phone to a reliable buyer site. Plus, that offer will be cash - not in-store credit.
It's easy to sell your phone and many times the buyback site will even cover shipping for you.
Switch to a Low-Cost Carrier
Don't let the money-saving stop there, consider switching to an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator). MVNO's are smaller carriers that partner with one or more of the four major networks - AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint. In other words, you're getting big company coverage at small company prices.
Switching to an MNVO is simple and can be done completely online. More benefit of MVNOs include:
- No contracts
- No credit checks
- Prepaid options
- Customizable plans
- Bring your own phone and keep your number
- High customer ratings
You don't need an expensive phone to get a quality device.
We've made it easy to find a cheap phone compatible with the AT&T network. Use our tool to compare smartphone prices and find the best deal whether you're looking for the latest Android like the Galaxy S9 or the cheapest used Apple iPhone 6.
After that, you can save you even more money by switching to a cheap cell phone plan and getting cash for your old phone!
COMPARE NOW: AT&T Cell Phone Deals