You can get this experience for much less, though - and we'll show you how.
COMPARE NOW: Cheap Samsung Galaxy Prices
Read on to find out how to save up to 50% or more on your Samsung Galaxy upgrade, plus slash your cell phone bill by a bundle!
Table of Contents
Buy Refurbished to Get the Best Samsung Galaxy Deals
No you don't have to surf eBay and hope for the best anymore to get a great deal on a pre-owned cell phone.
The used and refurbished smartphone market is exploding at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of nearly 10% (PMR Research) compared to a 6% year-over-year decline in new smartphone shipments in 2018 (International Data Corporation).
Which is to say, in short, it's the perfect time to get incredible deals on reliable used Galaxy phones!
Why buy refurbished instead of paying full retail price?
- Save money: Depending on which Galaxy model you choose, you'll save up to 50% - and often more - off retail prices.
- Enjoy peace of mind: Reputable sellers make it easy to get a device that's been put through the testing paces and is in full functioning order.
- Get more bang for your buck: There are typically very slight changes between smartphone models. So you can cut your out-of-pocket expense without missing out on much.
- Own your phone - and your freedom: Are you tired of committing to 24 monthly payments? Want to switch carriers without waiting for your remaining balance to be paid off? Buy used and you'll be in charge of when you change cell phone plans.
The Best Samsung Galaxy S7 Deals
The Best Samsung Galaxy S8 Deals
The Best Samsung Galaxy S9 Deals
The Best Samsung Galaxy Note Deals
Key Considerations When Buying a Used Samsung Galaxy
It's not difficult to find a reliable device at an affordable price, as long you know what to look for.
First things first - you'll see used phones (typically sold as-is through sites like Swappa) and refurbished (tested and restored to full working condition).
Here are some other factors to consider as you shop:
- Warranty: Reputable phone sites offer a limited time warranty or guarantee for your peace of mind. These may be as short as 30 days (like with Gazelle) or as long as 12 months (Decluttr).
- Return policy: Of course you'll want to know you can return the device if it's not as expected. Return periods range from a couple weeks up to a month, just be sure to read the fine print before you buy.
- Certified pre-owned: Unless you're buying directly through the manufacturer this simply means that the phone has been fully inspected and tested before it's listed for sale.
- Device compatibility: Unlocked Samsung Galaxy phones have been released from their carrier, but that doesn't mean they're compatible with every other carrier. Make sure you check compatibility on your carrier's website before purchasing.
- Timing: As soon as a new model comes out the previous generations get cheaper. For instance, you can find the best Samsung Galaxy S7 deals now that the Galaxy S8 has been on the market for a couple years. Conversely, the best Samsung S9 deals will get even cheaper once the S10 comes out.
- Payment options: Some sellers offer monthly device payments through third-party financing companies. Installment plans come with interest, so it's best to pay the full price all at once if possible.
COMPARE NOW: Compare Smartphone Prices
How to Save Even More Money
For the budget-conscious wireless customer, new ways to save on mobile costs are always a good thing. We've got two more effective strategies for putting more money back in your pocket.
Sell Your Old Phone for Cash
Sell your phone online yourself to get more back than you would in trade-in value. It's simple and fast using buyback sites that do much of the heavy lifting for you.
Want to see how much more cash you can get for your qualifying device as opposed to taking it to your carrier for bill credits?
We think you'll be pleasantly surprised by what you can make by handling the sale yourself!
Switch to a Low-Cost Carrier
The four major carriers have monopolized the wireless industry for decades. You might not even realize that the tide is shifting to smaller, cheaper mobile providers that offer service on those very four networks.
MVNOs - Mobile Virtual Network Operators - rent space on the big four networks and resell it at discounted prices. They can afford to do this because their overhead and marketing costs are tiny compared to the big guys.
Benefits of going with an MVNO:
- It's cheaper
- Get the same reliable service
- Custom plans - pay only for what you actually need
- High customer service ratings
- Bring your own phone and keep your number
One of the biggest advantages of switching to an MVNO - be it on the AT&T network, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, or Sprint - is that you can choose from anything from a bare bones cheap cell phone plan all the way up to an unlimited data plan with mobile hotspot use.
COMPARE NOW: Cheap Cell Phone Plans Starting at $10/mo
Saving money on your Samsung Galaxy and your wireless service is easy:
- Compare prices on used and refurbished Galaxy phones.
- Switch to a cheaper cell phone plan and save more than 50%.
- Sell your old phone online for cash.
Want to see how much you can save by switching to a cheaper carrier? Check out our handy cell phone plan savings calculator!
COMPARE NOW: Cheap Samsung Galaxy Prices