With Big G entering the smartphone battleground, we truly have a battle of the titans between Apple, Samsung, and Android. Positioned as the direct rival to the iPhone, everything the Pixel and it's larger brother the Pixel XL bring to the table is backed by the operative might Google has.
After several generations of the Nexus, the Pixel is an uncompromising smartphone with a bevy of fantastic features and powerful specs that will try to convince you to leave the Apple ship behind.
Perhaps. Unlike other smartphone manufacturers chasing the next fad or digging for a unique niche for which to sell their mobile devices from, the Google Pixel is simple a damn good smartphone. Read on to figure out why you should consider buying a Google Pixel.
Why you should consider a Google phone
The Google Pixel and Pixel XL are arguably some of the best Android phones released to date. In case you're not convinced or are thinking about buying one of Google's smartphones, here are a few important factors to be aware of:
- Verizon Exclusive: You can purchase an unlocked Google Pixel straight from the source and go to any carrier you please, but you can enjoy specialized deals and pricing when pairing up with the Verizon network. Thanks to Verizon's 4G LTE nationwide network, you can play games, surf the web, and stream media faster than ever.
- Google Assistant: Virtual assistants may seem like a dime-a-dozen these days, but the Google Assistant leverages the full might of Google's search engine at your fingertips. It's voice activated, too.
- Unlimited Online Storage: With Google Drive and Google Photos, you have access to unlimited online storage through the cloud. Keep photos, videos, music, contacts, documents, and messages intact and bring them with you whenever you want.
- Stock Android Experience: Pure, unadulterated Android. No bloatware. No unwanted apps. On top of that, enjoy a fast and easy to use experience.
- Fantastic Camera: With a 12.3-megapixel camera, you can shoot incredible photos in crisp, sharp resolution.
- Super Fast Charging: Like many top-tier Android smartphones out there, you can charge a considerable chunk of battery life in only a few minutes.
- Regular Updates: Developed by Google itself, Pixel owners can expect consistent OS updates--and in some cases before everyone else.
Because we're constantly testing cell phones, we keep this repository updated frequently, so don't worry if a phone you wanted to see isn't here yet. Not sure what kind of cell phone you need? Click on the chat icon or sound off in the comments and we'll help you find the right device. Here are handy links to our Google cell phones:
For more information, head back to the top for reviews, specs, and recommendations for the Google cell phones we've evaluated.