Best Pixel Deals in October 2020
Maybe you've been a Google Pixel devotee from the very beginning when the internet giant first released their smartphone entry in 2016. Or maybe you'd just like to try it out without paying the hefty $600 - $900 retail price.
Whatever your reason for hunting down the best Google Pixel deals, we've got them for you.
COMPARE NOW: Cheap Google Pixel Prices
We've also got some great tips for pocketing more cash - including how to find a cheaper cell phone plan without sacrificing service quality. Stay tuned!
Buy Refurbished to Get the Best Google Pixel Deals
Throw away your preconceived notions about buying used cell phones because the entire market has changed drastically over the past few years.
In fact, the market has changed so much that - according to research from the International Data Corporation - the used smartphone industry is partially responsible for a slowdown in new phone sales.
Why buy refurbished?
- Big savings: Buying a used Google Pixel allows you to get a high-end flagship phone just a model or so old for half of retail price - or less.
- Great bang for the buck: Changes to new phone models are typically minor and the Pixel is no exception. In fact, the vast majority of alterations between the original and the Google Pixel 2 are cosmetic. Buy refurbished and get the great features you want for much less money.
- Repairs are easy: The right-to-repair movement has led to simpler, cheaper repairs. There are phone repair stores everywhere, which means you can get it fixed quick if you get something like a cracked screen or broken port.
- You own your phone - and your freedom: Instead of being tied to your carrier for 24 monthly payments you can switch carriers if you find a better deal.
The Best Google Pixel Deals
The Best Google Pixel 2 Deals
The Best Google Pixel 3 Deals
Key Considerations When Buying a Refurbished Google Pixel
Obviously, you want to find the lowest price you can on the phone you want. You also want to protect yourself by making sure you get a high-quality device that will last you until your next phone upgrade.
With that in mind, here are some things to look for as you compare great deals on the Pixel line of phones:
- Warranties: Most reputable sellers offer you protection in the form of a used phone warranty. Some sites - like Gazelle give you a 30-day warranty. Others, like Decluttr, offer a full 12 months.
- Return policy: You might be concerned that you'll spend your money and be stuck if there's an issue with the phone. Reputable sellers allow you to return your device if it's not as expected. Make sure you know how long you have to make the return.
- Certified pre-owned: As opposed to used phones, which are usually sold as-is, a certified phone has been rigorously inspected and tested to make sure it's in full working condition.
- Compatibility: The four major wireless networks operate on two different types of radio waves - CDMA and GSM. You want to make sure you buy a Google Pixel that will work on your carrier. For the T-Mobile network and AT&T network you want an unlocked GSM phone. If you're on the Verizon or Sprint network you need an unlocked CDMA phone.
- Timing: Previous smartphone generations get cheaper when a new one comes out. For instance, now is the perfect time for the best Google Pixel 2 XL deals since the Pixel 3 has been released.
- Payment options: Some sellers provide installment payments through third-party device financing companies. You'll have to pay interest so it's best financially speaking to pay for your phone in full when you buy it.
You don't have to scour the internet trying to find a trustworthy phone seller. We've got everything you need here at MoneySavingPro.
First, you can check out the best places to buy a used phone. Once you've seen how the sellers measure up against each other you can instantly see the lowest price available with our cell phone price comparison engine.
COMPARE NOW: Compare Smartphone Prices
How to Save Even More Money
Wireless expenses can deliver a powerful punch to your wallet. Why not get all the savings you possibly can?
Sell Your Old Phone for Cash
Selling your old phone online for cash is one of the most effective ways to put money back in your pocket. You'll get more than you would by trading it in to your carrier for phone or service credit.
Don't be intimidated by the thought of handling the sale yourself. Buyback sites make it easy - all you need to do is ship your phone off and wait to get paid.
We make it even easier for you by answering the question "Where can you sell your old phone?"
Switch to a Low-Cost Carrier
If you think you're stuck with the high prices that the four major carriers charge - we've got great news. MVNOs - Mobile Virtual Network Operators - are smaller carriers that are revolutionizing the wireless industry.
MVNOs rent the use of one or more of the big four networks - AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint - and sell it to you at discount prices. They operate mostly online selling prepaid plans, which means they have lower overhead and marketing costs. This allows them to give you cheaper cell phone plans.
Benefits of MVNOs:
- Cheaper by up to 50%
- Same fast, reliable service on the top wireless networks
- Custom plans - pay only for what you want
- No contracts
- Bring your own phone and keep your number
COMPARE NOW: Cheap Cell Phone Plans Starting at $10/mo
There's no reason to spend thousands of dollars per year between your phone and your wireless plan:
- Compare the best prices on your favorite phones like the Google Pixel 2.
- Compare cell phone plans and choose an MVNO on the network of your choice.
- Sell your old phone online for cash.
Want to see just how much you can save by switching to a cheaper wireless carrier? Find out with our cell phone plan savings calculator!
COMPARE NOW: Cheap Google Pixel Prices