Many people find that they have a range of used textbooks at home that they no longer require. This could be as a result of leaving college or university or because they may have purchased a more recent edition of a book. You may prefer to go online to do research these days rather than use your textbooks, so this may be another reason behind wanting to sell them.
If you have old textbooks that you want to sell, there are a number of excellent sites you can go on to do this. Our list of top 5 picks should help you to find the right one so you can get rid of unnecessary clutter from your home and make some cash from selling your old textbooks.
You can benefit in many ways by selling your textbooks online. Some of the key ones are:
- Ease and convenience
- Secure a quick sale
- The ability to make money on books you no longer use
- The ability to send them free of charge
- An eco-friendly solution to getting rid of unwanted books
- Being able to de-clutter your home
Best Places to Sell
In order to help you find the most suitable site on which to sell your unwanted textbooks, we have put together a list of five top sites that could be ideal. Our tops sites include:
- Sell via the mobile app as well as the site
- Find the ISBN and enter or scan the 13 digits for an instant quote
- Free shipping
- Payments are processed the day after the books are inspected
- They reserve the right to not pay you for rejected items- and they will not return the items
- You don't get a huge amount for your items
With Decluttr, you can sell a wide range of products including selling textbooks. One of the reasons this is considered a top site is that fact that the process is so simple.
- Most textbooks are accepted
- The selling process is very simple
- Shipping is free with a prepaid label, just drop your parcel at a UPS store
- Payment is made electronically 10-15 days after you send the books
- Only offer quarter and semester-long rentals
One of the key benefits of using Chegg Books to sell your textbooks is that they will accept most textbooks in various conditions, as they then rent and sell them to other students.
- Accepts a wide range of books including textbooks and fiction
- Get paid via check or PayPal
- 30-day guarantee with each price quote
- Ship your books free of charge
- The process is streamlined and simple
- Don't offer eTextbooks
The Bookbyte site focuses on renting textbooks to students that don't want to purchase them. They are able to do this by purchasing textbooks from those that have ones they no longer want.
Preparing to Sell
Many people are interested in buying books online, which is why there are now a variety of sites that buy textbooks that you no longer want. You need to gather a little information before selling your textbooks though, including:
- The edition of the book, as there may have been many editions
- The condition of the book, as some sites may only accept books that are in very good condition.
- our ISBN to get an instant quote can help to speed up t
Get the Best Price
Naturally, you want to ensure you get the best deal when you are selling your textbooks. In order to achieve this goal, you should:
- Make sure the site is a reputable one
- Compare the prices quotes for your textbooks
- Make sure you get free shipping to avoid costs
- Check how quickly payments are made
Thanks to sites such as these, you can now make some extra cash, help others that need access to cheap textbooks, and get rid of your unwanted books in an eco-friendly way.
The selling process with the sites mentioned above are very simple and straightforward, so you won't have to go to any trouble to benefit from selling your textbooks.