Are you getting ready to trade your iPhone in for a new model? Before you succumb to the "great" Sprint trade in deals your carrier is offering, read this guide. You've got more options than you may think.
If you're stuck in an endless trade-in cycle, forever making device payments just to have the latest, greatest thing, stay tuned.
I'm going to show you how to break that cycle, get more cash for your iPhone, and save up to 50% on your next Sprint iPhone upgrade.
Table of Contents
Sell Your Sprint iPhone
Want cash instead of trade in credit? Sell your iPhone online to get the most money out of it.
It used to be that eBay was the only game in town. Sites like eBay or Swappa are great if you want to deal directly with the buyer yourself. Nowadays there are also easier ways to sell your phone.
Benefits of selling your iPhone online:
If you go with a site that handles everything for you, like Decluttr, you'll enjoy several benefits:
- Get a better offer than your local Sprint store will give you.
- Get cash you can spend on anything instead of account credit.
- Get your money fast - as soon as one day after the buyer receives your device.
- Reputable companies provide a free prepaid shipping label and insurance.
Compare the best offers in seconds to get the most cash possible for your iPhone.
Sprint Trade vs Selling
Price Comparison: Sprint iPhone Trade-in vs Selling Online
|Device||Sprint (Credit)||MoneySavingPro (Cash)||Extra Cash|
|iPhone 8 Plus (64GB)||$330||$462||$132|
|iPhone 8 (64GB)||$265||$400||$135|
|iPhone 7 Plus (32GB)||$165||$330||$165|
|iPhone 7 (32GB)||$115||$270||$155|
How Much Is My Sprint iPhone Worth?
That's the big question. There are two things to look at in terms of iPhone value:
- Condition: Of course the better your phone's condition, the more you'll get for it. There's a huge gap between the cash you'll get for an iPhone in great working condition with minor cosmetic wear and how much you'll get for a phone with functional flaws or significant wear.
- Clean IMEI number: Reputable buyer sites use programs that alert them to devices that have been reported lost or stolen. You must own the phone free and clear to sell it.
See how much your Sprint iPhone is worth right now.
Selling Online for Cash
The process is simple, with just a few easy steps to go through before you get paid:
- Locate your specific device on the buyer website.
- Follow their instructions for describing condition, etc.
- Accept your instant offer (if you're happy with it, of course!).
- Request your free shipping label by email or regular mail.
- Ship your device off and wait for payment.
Most companies give you about a month to accept the offer. Once you send in your device the buyer site may adjust your offer if they don't agree with the condition you stated.
Payment options may include PayPal, paper check, or gift cards.
You may have privacy concerns when selling your device. That's understandable, and easily dealt with.
There are a few things to do before shipping your iPhone off:
- Back up your data. Do an iCloud and iTunes backup so you don't lose your photos, videos, etc. Be sure to save things from your text messages that you never saved to your phone. You can also find apps to help you back everything up.
- De-activate Find My iPhone. Go into your iCloud settings and turn off Find My iPhone. This allows the next owner to activate it.
- Log out of your accounts. Sign out of iCloud and iTunes. If you're making the switch to Android, deregister your phone number in your iMessage settings.
- Do a factory reset. Go into Settings: General: Reset: Erase All Content and Settings to reset your device, erase personal data, and return it to factory settings.
Money Saving Tips
As we talked about at the start of this guide, buying a brand new phone every year or two keeps your bills high with little benefit.
If you're ready for an upgrade, save 50% or more off retail price by purchasing a refurbished Sprint iPhone. Get more bang for your buck and say good riddance to the trade-in trap.
1. Buy a refurbished Sprint iPhone
- Save over half off the original price.
- Get a warranty up to one full year.
- Get free shipping on your new phone.
- Enjoy affordable repairs at any phone fix-it shop nationwide.
2. Switch to a Sprint MVNO
Selling your old phone online and buying a used phone aren't the only ways to pocket more cash. Save over $600 a year by switching to an MVNO - or Mobile Virtual Network Operator.
MVNOs are smaller carriers that use the big four wireless networks to deliver the same service at lower costs. These carriers have lower overhead which allows them to pass savings on to you.
Sprint MVNO benefits:
- Savings of 50% or more on your cell phone plan
- Service on the same reliable network Sprint uses.
- Custom plans - only pay for what you need
- No contracts or credit checks
- Bring your own phone and keep your number
- Switch easily and quickly online
Selling your Sprint iPhone online is easy, and you'll pocket more cash.
Save more by saying no to the trade-in and buying a used Sprint iPhone in great condition, at the best price available.
Finally, save over $600 per year when you switch to a Sprint MVNO - without compromising your reliable service!