Is your Sprint upgrade coming up? Before you're tempted by those "great" Sprint trade in deals, read on to find out about your other options.
First things first: do you really need a brand new phone - and the payments that come with a flagship device like iPhone or the newest Samsung Galaxy S? New models are very similar to the previous ones. If you hang on until all your payments are made, you'll see a much lower phone bill.
Secondly, trading your phone in doesn't give you the most money for your device. I'm going to show you how to squeeze every penny out of your Sprint phone, plus how to save 50% on your next one!
Table of Contents
Sell Your Sprint Phone
Sell your Sprint phone online to get the highest offer for it.
Trading in is convenient, but it doesn't give you the most money back out of your expensive device. Plus, you're just trading one cell phone for a similar one with a few minor upgrades and a brand-new monthly device payment.
Benefits of selling your phone online:
- More money than the account credit amount the Sprint store will give you
- Cash payment to spend anywhere - not credit applied to your upgrade purchase
- Free prepaid shipping label and insurance
- Payment as quick as the day after the buyer receives your phone
- Compare the best offers from multiple reputable buyers in one convenient place
Sprint Trade vs Selling
Price Comparison: Sprint Phone Trade-in vs Selling Online
|Device||Sprint (Credit)||MoneySavingPro (Cash)||Extra Cash|
|iPhone 8 Plus (64GB)||$330||$462||$132|
|iPhone 8 (64GB)||$265||$400||$135|
|iPhone 7 Plus (32GB)||$165||$330||$165|
|iPhone 7 (32GB)||$115||$270||$155|
|Galaxy S8 Plus||$190||$300||$110|
|Galaxy S7 Edge||$50||$166||$116|
How Much Is My Sprint Phone Worth?
Value will vary depending on the buying company, and also on a couple of crucial factors:
- Condition: Obviously the better shape your phone is in the more it's worth. You can sell your phone in a range of conditions from like new to damaged. If it has major problems, your offer will be drastically lower.
- IMEI status: Your IMEI number (your phone's ID) must be clean. Your carrier account must be in good standing as well. The remaining balance on device, if any, should be paid off.
Selling Online for Cash
Once you choose a buyer site the process is super straight-forward. There are a few steps to complete first, then you'll be on your way to putting cash in your pocket.
- Locate your specific phone on the buyer website.
- Answer the questions regarding condition, etc.
- See your instant offer.
- Choose email or snail mail for your prepaid shipping label.
- Ship your device off and wait to get paid!
Your offer will be locked in for a limited time period, usually about a month. Payment options include PayPal, regular check, or an Amazon gift card, depending on the buyer site.
It is possible the buyer will disagree with the condition you entered. In that case they'll send you an amended offer.
Your privacy is important - which is why you'll want to follow a few simple steps to prepare your phone before you mail it off.
- Do a backup. Back up all your data to the cloud, iCloud and iTunes. Save anything you don't want to lose, like photos or videos in text messages.
- Sign out of your accounts. Log out of iCloud, iTunes, Google, etc. If you're changing over from iPhone to an Android device, go into iMessage to deregister your phone number.
- Turn off Find My iPhone and unpair your Apple Watch (iPhone only). Find My iPhone must be deactivated for the next owner to use this feature. Unpair your watch in the Watch app.
- Reset the phone. Do a factory reset (in the Settings menu) to wipe all of your personal information and set the phone back to default mode.
- Take out the cards. Remove your SIM card and memory card from their slots.
Money Saving Tips
So now that you've decided to sell your Sprint phone instead of trading it in, how will you get another one? Easy - buy refurbished.
Used smartphones are seeing a huge rise in popularity for several reasons. Changes from year to year are usually slight, and smartphone prices are rising beyond reason.
1. Buy a refurbished Sprint phone:
- Savings of 50% or more off retail price
- Warranties up to 12 months provided by reputable sellers
- Returns typically accepted within a certain time frame
- Free shipping
- Affordable repairs available nationwide at phone fix-it shops
We make it easy to compare prices from multiple sellers so you get the best Sprint phone deal available.
2. Switch to a Sprint MVNO
Want to save even more money? Slash your cell phone bill by half without compromising your reliable service on the Sprint network. Switch to an MVNO.
Mobile Virtual Network Operators, known as MVNOs, are smaller wireless carriers that use the very same networks as the big four carriers. They typically don't have retail stores, operating online instead. Their lower overhead allows them to give you cheaper rates.
Sprint MVNO benefits:
- Cheaper rates by 50% or more
- Coverage on the same reliable network Sprint wireless uses
- Customizable plans so you only pay for what you need
- Bring your own phone and keep your number
- Easy online sign-up and activation
See how much money you can save with our cell phone plan savings calculator.
Our cell phone plan comparison engine makes it ridiculously easy to compare plans from multiple carriers in seconds.
Now that you know trading your phone in is as good as throwing money away, sell your Sprint phone online for cash.
Next, get a high-end smartphone like the iPhone X or Google Pixel 3 for hundreds less than retail. Compare used and refurbished Sprint phone prices now.
Top off your savings with a Sprint cell phone plan from a cheaper carrier - without giving up anything!