Find the Cheapest Used Verizon Phone Deal
Frustrated with paying premium smartphone prices just to stay on the Verizon Wireless network? Stay tuned to find out why used Verizon phones are a great deal that can save you 50% or more off the cost of your device.
You'll also learn how to save hundreds of dollars per year on your wireless service, yes, even on the Verizon network!
Key Considerations When Buying a Used Verizon Phone
Before we delve into the best sites for buying used Verizon phones, let's go over some factors to keep in mind while shopping:
- Shipping: Most sites offer this for free, just be sure to read the fine print so you know how it works.
- Warranties: Phone seller sites provide anywhere from no warranty up to one year. You can also purchase third-party warranties for refurbished and used cell phones.
- Returns: Certain sellers offer a return policy only if the item is damaged or not as advertised. Others offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Certification: Want a certified used phone? Gazelle, for example, puts all of its devices through a rigorous 30-point inspection process.
- Phone insurance: When you buy used or refurbished, the phones don't come with insurance. You can, however, get a third-party insurance plan at an affordable monthly rate.
- Device financing: A few sites, including Gazelle, offer the option of making monthly phone payments. With high-interest rates and low phone prices, this is rarely a good deal for your wallet.
Refurbished Phones Can Be a Better Option
Buying used can save you more than 50% off the retail price of your phone. But what's the difference between used and refurbished? And which is better?
Pre-owned devices labeled as "used phone":
- Are sold as-is without any repairs to software or hardware
- Don't typically come with any type of guarantee
- Are rated by condition, like "Good", "Excellent", and "Like New"
If you see the term "refurbished phone" while shopping, these devices:
- Come restored and repaired, any hardware or software issues fixed (for example a cracked screen replaced, and a factory reset to totally clean out the phone)
- Sometimes come with a guarantee
- Are rated on a letter scale, with A being the best condition, B representing good, etc.
Which Is Better: Used or Refurbished?
While there are definitely some great deals to be found by purchasing used directly from the seller, refurbished is generally the better choice.
We've made it simple for you to quickly and easily compare prices on your favorite devices:
- Compare used Verizon phones.
- Compare refurbished Verizon phones.
Use Sites You Can Trust
One of the biggest challenges in shopping for a pre-owned phone is making sure you're buying from a reputable seller.
In order to save you hours of wandering around the internet trying to figure it out for yourself, we've reviewed our five favorite sites for buying a used or refurbished Verizon phone.
Want to Save More Money? Let Us Help!
At MSP we are all about helping you save. Now that you know how to find cheap Verizon phones for sale without a contract, learn how to save on your wireless service as well.
Consider Switching to an MVNO
What the heck is an MVNO, you ask? Mobile Virtual Network Operator - a smaller cell phone company that leases space from the big four wireless networks, then sells it to you at a rate that's 50% or more cheaper.
Why are MVNOs so cheap? They have lower overhead and marketing costs than the big guys. They don't own the towers or infrastructure so they don't have those maintenance expenses. Yet you still get the same reliable service you're used to.
Benefits of MVNOs
There are many advantages of switching to an alternative carrier:
- Reliable nationwide service: the same 4G LTE network you love.
- Cheaper prices: 50% or more off your cell phone bill.
- Custom plans: don't pay for more than you need - find a cheap cell phone plan.
- Bring your own phone: keep your device and your number.
- No contracts: no commitment and no credit checks.
- Great customer service: many carriers provide 24/7 support.
- Easy to sign up: simply order your SIM card online and pop it into your phone.
Given these benefits, it's easy to see why the MVNO market is expected to grow to $74 billion dollars by 2022 (MarketWatch). More and more people each year are realizing they're paying too much for wireless service.
Sell Your Old Phone
Once you find the right used Verizon phone for you, don't forget that it's simple to turn your old phone into cash! Don't toss it in a drawer, compare offers on it then sell it to the highest bidder.
Just because you prefer the Verizon network doesn't mean you're stuck with outrageous phone payments or huge out-of-pocket device expenses. Steps to save hundreds:
- Buy a used phone from a trusted site.
- Switch to a cheaper cell phone plan from a low-cost carrier.
- Sell your old phone for cash.
It's really that simple!