Verizon Phone Deals
Looking for the best deals on Verizon cell phones?
You're in the right place, regardless of whether you're a current Verizon customer or you're looking to switch to Verizon.
In this guide, I'll show you why you don't have to shell out $1000 in order to stay on the reliable Verizon Wireless network, how to save 50% or more over the retail price on your Verizon smartphone and how to save money on your cell phone plan. Let's get started!
Verizon Price Comparison Chart
|Apple iPhone 8||Verizon||Used||$220|
|Apple iPhone X||Verizon||Used||$419|
|Apple iPhone XR||Verizon||Used||$391|
|Samsung Galaxy S8||Verizon||Used||$190|
|Samsung Galaxy S9||Verizon||Used||$299|
Best Verizon iPhone 8 Deal: Back Market
Today's Cheapest Price: $220
Best Verizon iPhone X Deal: Back Market
Today's Cheapest Price: $419
Best Verizon iPhone XR Deal: Back Market
Today's Cheapest Price: $391
Best Verizon Galaxy S8 Deal: Back Market
Today's Cheapest Price: $190
Best Verizon Galaxy S9 Deal: Back Market
Today's Cheapest Price: $299
Buy Refurbished to Get the Best Verizon Cell Phone Deal
Rather than pay full price for a brand new phone - which typically entails taking on a $20 - $30 monthly device payment for 24 months - you can save a bundle by going with a refurbished device that's a model year or two old.
Why is buying refurbished the wiser choice? Several reasons:
- Most bang for your buck: There are minimal changes between models (as reported by Business Insider) even though the price can go up by $200 or more.
- Save up to 50% or more: You get a dependable device for about half the cost of new.
- Phone repair is easy: Third-party electronics repair shops are available everywhere, making it simple and affordable to get things like a cracked screen or broken port fixed.
- Reliable sellers offer peace of mind: Refurbished smartphones now make up about 10% of the overall cell phone market (Counterpoint Research), which means plenty of reputable phone sellers have entered the marketplace and a huge variety of Verizon phones for sale.
- Own your phone - and your freedom: With a paid-off phone you're free to go to any carrier you choose.
Whether you're shopping for a device in the Samsung Galaxy S series or a Verizon Apple iPhone, MoneySavingPro makes it ridiculously fast and easy to compare prices on used and refurbished Verizon cell phones.
Key Considerations When Buying a Refurbished Verizon Phone
Only 25% of pre-owned cell phones are resold into the market. Some are sold used (as-is) and some are refurbished (inspected, repaired, and restored).
Naturally, this results in a wide variety of available grades and price points, so you'll want to keep a few things in mind in order to protect yourself while still getting the best price on a Verizon phone:
- Warranties: Most reliable seller sites offer a warranty of some kind. Some, like Gazelle, guarantee their phones for 30 days. Others - specifically Decluttr - give you a generous one-year limited warranty.
- Returns: Can you return a used or refurbished phone if you're unhappy with it? Yes, with most sellers you can. Return periods range from two weeks to a month.
- Certified devices: Some sites offer an option called certified pre-owned. This means the device has been thoroughly inspected to make sure that every function works as it should and the phone is unlocked and compatible with your carrier.
- Payment options: There are a couple of refurbished smartphone sellers that offer device financing. Be cautious with this option because interest rates can be high. Calculate how much you'll pay in total, with interest charges, to make sure you don't end up paying what a brand new Verizon phone would cost anyway.
- Timing: There is a best time to buy a refurbished smartphone. During the period just prior to the release of the newest model you'll find the lowest prices because there is a glut of owners looking to sell their old phone before buying the new version.
The market is flush right now, so you should have no trouble finding plenty of refurbished Verizon iPhones as well as Androids to choose from.
How to Save Even More Money
The savings don't have to end with shopping used Verizon cell phones. Here are a couple of other effective ways to put even more cash back in your pocket.
Sell Your Old Phone Online for Cash
Selling your phone online can net you a lot more money than trading it in with your carrier. It's super simple and turns those phones you just have lying around taking up space into cold hard cash.
The better condition your phone is in, the higher the offer will be. This means you'll make the most money if your device is functioning properly with minimal cosmetic damage. See how much you could get when you sell your phone!
Switch to a Low-Cost Carrier
You can save even more money by switching to an MVNO - or Mobile Virtual Network Operator. These carriers lease space on the big four networks - AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint - and sell it to you for a cheaper price.
There are plenty of benefits of switching to an MVNO:
- Save up to 50% or more on your Verizon cell phone plan.
- No loss of quality - you'll get service on one of the most reliable 4G LTE networks in the United States.
- No contracts or credit checks.
- Custom plans - only pay for you actually need.
- Bring your own phone.
- Great customer service.
Your wallet doesn't have to suffer when you upgrade your Verizon phone. Boost your total savings when you:
- Compare prices from reputable sellers on refurbished Verizon phones.
- Sell your old phone for cash.
- Switch to a cheaper plan on one of the Verizon MVNOs.
Whether you're looking for the best Verizon iPhone SE deals or the best price on a Verizon Google Pixel, you'll save a ton by comparing prices on refurbished devices!
COMPARE NOW: Verizon Cell Phone Deals