Sell Your Verizon iPhone for More Cash Online
Is Verizon offering you a "great deal" if you trade in your current iPhone for the latest (most expensive) model? Before you commit to another $1000 or more in debt to your carrier, consider some alternatives.
Instead of getting trapped in the same cycle year after year, ask yourself if you really need a new phone. Models are very similar from year to year - why not hang onto your phone and enjoy a lower bill once it's paid off?
If you are ready for a new device, you can save a ton of money there too. Keep reading - I'm going to tell you how to get the most money for your current phone plus save big on your upgrade. Let's explore the options!
Sell Your Verizon iPhone
Sell your iPhone online to get the most money out of it. There are plenty of options these days. You can sell on a site like eBay or Swappa, where you handle everything, or you can use a reputable phone buyer site that does the heavy lifting for you.
Benefits of selling your iPhone online:
- Get a better offer than with a carrier device trade-in program.
- Get cash to spend on anything you want - not account credit.
- Typically get your money the day after the company receives your device.
- The buyer site provides everything you need - including shipping and insurance.
- Easily compare the best offers from multiple buyers to get the most possible money.
Verizon Trade vs Selling
Price Comparison: Verizon iPhone Trade-in vs Selling Online
|Device||Verizon (Credit)||MoneySavingPro (Cash)||Extra Cash|
|iPhone 8 Plus (64GB)||$420||$462||$42|
|iPhone 8 (64GB)||$362||$400||$38|
|iPhone 7 Plus (32GB)||$258||$330||$72|
|iPhone 7 (32GB)||$202||$270||$68|
How Much Is My Verizon iPhone Worth?
There are two major factors that impact your offer:
- Condition - it should be in good working order for the best cash offer.
- IMEI number status - trusted sites will not buy lost or stolen devices. You must own the phone you're selling.
COMPARE NOW: Get the best price for your Verizon iPhone
Selling Online for Cash
Selling your phone is easier than you think. Reliable companies have simple systems in place to make it as efficient as possible for you to complete your transaction.
The process goes like this (with slight variations depending on the site):
- Find your item on the website.
- Answer a few questions about your iPhone's condition, etc.
- Get an instant offer (in most cases) - accept or reject it.
- Get a free prepaid shipping label by email or snail mail.
- Send your package off and wait for payment!
Some companies send you a box, others will provide you a shipping label to box your own items. Payment options may include PayPal, paper check, or an Amazon gift card.
Most buyers lock their offer in for about a month. If the buyer receives your item and doesn't agree with the condition you indicated, they will make a new offer and give you a few days to accept or reject it.
Of course, there are a few things you need to do before you ship your iPhone off to the buyer. These steps protect your data and your privacy.
- Back up your data. Apple makes this pretty simple - do a backup to the iCloud and/or iTunes. Make sure to save any photos from your text messages that you never saved to your phone. There are also apps that can strip out the items you want to save.
- Unpair your Apple Watch. You can do this through the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Sign out of your accounts. Log out of iTunes and iCloud. If you're switching over to an Android smartphone, go into your iMessage settings to deregister your phone number.
- Turn off Find My iPhone. If you don't do this, the phone's next owner won't be able to activate this feature. You'll find this setting in Settings: iCloud: Find My iPhone.
- Do a hard reset. Go into Settings: General: Reset: Erase All Content and Settings.
Money Saving Tips
Changes to the iPhone are pretty minor from year to year. You can save up to 50% or more off the retail price by going with last year's model, without sacrificing the great features you love.
1. Buy a refurbished Verizon iPhone:
- Cheaper prices - save half or more off retail.
- Reputable sellers provide warranties for up to 12 months.
- Shipping is usually free.
- Widely available third-party iPhone fix-it stores make repairs affordable and easy.
COMPARE NOW: Find the best deals on refurbished Verizon iPhones
2. Switch to a Verizon MVNO
At MoneySavingPro our mission is to give you all the possible ways to save money on your wireless costs. This includes how to save money on your cell phone plan.
By using a smaller carrier, called an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator), you can save half off your cell phone plan without compromising your reliable Verizon service.
MVNOs rent space on the major networks and sell it to you at a lower cost. These carriers operate mostly online, which means they don't have the expenses the big guys have. This means savings for you.
Verizon MVNO benefits:
- Cheaper by up to 50%
- Same reliable 4G LTE network Verizon uses
- Custom plans - pay only for what you need
- Bring your own phone and keep your number
- Easy to switch online
See just how much you can save with our cell phone plan savings calculator. Then compare cell phone plans from the best Verizon MVNOs.
Put more money in your pocket by selling your Verizon iPhone online.