Travel Guard Insurance Reviews
Travel Guard is a very comprehensive service, offering not only typical travel insurance coverages but also several non-insurance, travel related services. Many insurers will connect you to travel services that are somehow affiliated with but few offer non-insurance services themselves.
Travel Guard Insurance Packages and Plans
Travel Guard offers many different packages. There are even plans for specific types of trips like wilderness based trips and business trips. If you are traveling with a group you can get specially designed group plans. Also, if you travel a lot throughout the course of a year there is an annual plan available, which is rare. You can also customize your own plan if you don't like any of the ones that are offered.
This is ideal for travelers in need of comprehensive coverage and high maximum limits. Includes cancellation coverage for work reasons, and involves no deductible or copayment. Upgrades and optional coverage is available for additional services
Gold is probably the most popular package and it's generally best for travelers who desire comprehensive coverage and those with children. Cancellation coverage for common work-related reasons is included. Related children under the age of 17, who are traveling with the primary insured person, are covered at no additional cost.
Many additional assistance services are included in this plan, and the option to upgrade to include "cancel for any reason," emergency evacuation, car rental coverage and flight guard options are also available.
The silver package is great for travelers who are in need of a budget-friendly option for trip cancellation, and parents with young children. Standard travel insurance is included, cancellation coverage, as well as an interruption, delays in travel, and baggage loss.
Medical coverage, however, is minimal. One child per insured adult is covered without additional charges. A variety of assistance services are covered and several levels of optional coverage are available.
Other packages include:
- My Travel Guard – Excellent for travelers who want a variety of custom options to fit their needs.
- Savvy Traveler -Designed for travelers on a strict budget that need coverage for basic risks and cancellation options.
- Basic - Great for student, families, and anyone in need of budget coverage for all the essentials.
- Pack 'N Go - For last-minute travelers who are unlikely to cancel on a spontaneous trip but need coverage on other possible travel risks.
- Great Outdoors Travel Plan - Best for Travelers embarking on trips of an outdoor nature that will likely encompass sports and activities like hunting, fishing, and more.
- Business Traveler - The business traveler who will be traveling throughout the year.
Travel Guard Insurance Costs
Obviously, due to a large number of options and available plans, costs will vary per plan. Depending on your needs, as most Travel Guard customers have found, their rates are generally fair, practical, and not exorbitant. They offer a great value, offering plans for every budget.
Travel Guard Advantages
Travel Guard has been an industry mainstay for more than 20 years, and they have travel insurance down to a science. They offer an extensive variety of different plans, ranging from covering a single trip to offering annual plans, as well as travel medical coverage, emergency assistance coverage for your trips, travel accident coverage, medical evacuation insurance, and even identity theft services for your travels. In essence, Travel Guard aims to cover all of your bases, extending beyond basic travel insurance services, and doing so effectively and efficiently.
Travel Guard Disadvantages
Because this company specializes in a wide array of travel insurance coverage services, choosing among the many plans can be difficult, and even overwhelming. Plans vary in coverage, and not all are applicable to US residents due to regulations.
Travel Guard Insurance Tools
- Travel Guard offers many different options for customers, and they are known to offer custom plans for those who want further options/ variety beyond their existing and standard plans.
- Travel Guard provides several plans that offer coverage for children through age 17 at no additional cost.
- Travel Guard travel insurance plans are equipped with advanced assistance services, and they are managed directly by Travel Guard, not outside companies.
- A variety of cancellation reasons is covered with Travel Guard plans.
- Medical evacuations to your specified choice of hospitals are available with select plans.
Travel Guard Customer Service
Customers of Travel Guard often stay with this brand for decades, and part of that is the result of excellent customer service and attention to detail. In addition to their exemplary level of options and coverage, their commitment to taking care of their customers is a standout feature. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, enabling customers anywhere in the world, at any given moment the ability to contact a representative.
After you have purchased a policy, if for some reason you would like to get a refund, you have 15 days to get your money back. Conversely, if you decide you need extra coverage you can also add to your plan.
Unfortunately, certain plans are not available to every state in the US due to local rules and regulations.
Travel Guard Review Recap
If you are in need of travel insurance, Travel Guard represents an excellent option in this market for their tremendous amount of options, customer care, and availability. They will not leave you hanging, and offer countless ways to serve your travel needs. Costs are fair, coverage is superior, and there is a high level of ability to meet the needs of most travelers.
With over 30 years of experience in the industry, it is no wonder why this provider is one of the top options. Their vast number of plans and their flexibility makes them an excellent choice.