AT&T U-verse Channel Packages
The AT&T U-verse channel lineup offers affordable packages for homeowners and small businesses. The TV packages offered aren't as numerous compared to Dish, Time Warner, DIRECTV, or XFINITY, as you'll see, but the channel selection is incredibly vast for a delightfully low price.
So, despite its benefits, is an AT&T U-verse service package right for you?
If you're itching to know how many of your favorite channels AT&T has to offer, then please read on below.
Some of these plans include amazing incentives, such as the waived monthly equipment fee for up to four rooms, High Definition DVR monthly service fee, and free premium channels for three months at no extra cost. Furthermore, you can bundle TV packages with AT&T Internet service, AT&T Phone service, or both.
AT&T TV Packages
AT&T Basic Cable
U-Basic is, you guessed it, the basic channel package. This package is the cheapest option but it only includes local channels. It does include the On Demand Library even though the channel selection is limited.
U-Family, which is the cheapest of the major packages, includes over 200 channels, including local channels and an On Demand Library. You'll receive one HD-ready DVR receiver, complete with Total Home DVR Service.
As an added bonus, three months of Cinemax and HBO movies are included at no additional cost, and you'll qualify for a $100 reward card. If you feel like you want a less expensive plan, check out our buyer's guide to cable deals.
U200 includes over 360 channels, for only $20 more than the U-Family package. You'll not only be able to view the local channel lineup but also 46 digital music channels and plenty of exciting sports programming.
Attached to this package is an On Demand Library and one HD-ready DVR receiver with Total Home DVR service. Furthermore, Cinemax and HBO movies are also included at no fee for three months, and you'll also be eligible for a $100 reward card.
The U300 package includes over 470 digital channels, complete with a movie channel package, local channels, amazing sports programming, and 46 digital music channels. You'll have access to an On Demand Library and one HD-ready DVR receiver with Total Home DVR Service.
AT&T TV Channels
AT&T U-verse can absolutely smother you with its sports programming. Even better is that you'll receive one month of this package at no cost. Within the Sports Package, you'll find channels such as beIN Sports, CBS Sports Network, ESPN Buzzer Beater, ESPN Goal Line, FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports Atlantic, PAC 12 Bay Area, HRTV, and more.
U-verse TV also offers channels under the following sports categories:
- Professional Sports ESPN, NFL Network, MLB Network, NBA TV, Golf Channel, NFL Redzone, World Fishing Network, Outdoor, The Tennis Channels, and more.
- College Sports - The SEC Network, Longhorn Network, Big Ten Network, ESPNU, and more.
- Spanish Sports Channels - beIN Sports in Espanol, ESPN Deportes, FOX Deportes, Gol TV, Univision Deportes.
AT&T U-verse, just like its competitors, offers Premium Programming. You'll find movie networks such as HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and EPIX. Here is some quick channel information for each:
- HBO - Top quality programming at your fingertips, HBO offers Hollywood's best films, original series, documentaries, comedies, and music specials.
- Cinemax - Original family programming, movies, sports, and specials are consistently available with Cinemax.
- Showtime - Showtime features original and variable programming, including, original series, documentaries, specials, and the biggest movies, all day, every day.
- EPIX - Thousands of Hollywood movies, brought to you by Paramount, Lionsgate, MGM, Samuel Goldwyn, Roadside, are available with EPIX.
To order premium programming, you must launch your TV Account Manager on Channel 9910.
AT&T U-verse offers up to 74 digital music channels from Stingray Music for your listening pleasure, but you'll be able to access more channels via the Stingray Music app. Furthermore, you'll be able to bring karaoke to your living room with Stingray Karaoke on U-verse TV.
You'll be able to browse the Stingray Music genre selections on channels 5100-5174 HD. You'll also be able to access the Stingray Music app by either pressing Interactive on your U-verse TV remote or tune into channel 500/1500 HD.
Here are just some of the channels your ears will be able to access: Greatest Hits, Dance Clubbin', Alt-Rock Classics, Hip Hop, Urban Beats, Rock Alternative, Heavy Metal, Pop Adult, Freedom, Maximum Party, Popcorn, OMG, Kids' Stuff, Y2K, Nothin' but '90s, Hot Country, Today's Latin Pop, Samba & Pagode, Tagalog, Asian Hits, Total Hits - France, and Euro Hits.
U-verse TV is highly kid-friendly. As a parent or guardian, you'll be able to choose from U-verse TV channels, apps, and other features for both babies and children.
Here are some of the channels and features you'll be able to access with U-verse:
- BabyTV: BabyTV features short programs, as well as clips of children's songs. During the daytime, the channel is engaging and fun and geared to promote interaction. At night, BabyTV broadcasts soft music and gently moving visuals that are designed to soothe babies that are in the midst of waking.
- BabyFirst TV: BabyFirst TV is geared toward the promotion of high-quality child development to toddlers. This network is commercial-free, offering a wide variety of basic learning.
- Tumblebooks: Tumblebooks is an interactive application that provides unlimited access to digital children's books. This is suitable for children between pre-kindergarten and sixth-grade ages.
- U-verse KIDS! TV App: This is a free TV app that allows kids to discover content through multiple filters. Parents are also armed with many options to ensure that kids watch appropriately-rated content. This app requires AT&T Internet.
- U-verse Games Channel: With this app, you'll find more than 15 games such as SCRABBLE Scramble, Deal or No Deal, Solitaire, Animal Match, Jump Peg, Unblock, and more. Again, this app requires AT&T Internet.
AT&T U-verse Latino
Need a Latino package? AT&T U-verse does not neglect here. You can always purchase the Paquete Español package, which gives you up to 60 Spanish channels. There are several U-verse Latino packages to select from, including U-basic Latino, U-Familia Latino, U200 Latino, U300 Latino, and U450 Latino.
However, we're only going to examine the U200, U300, and U450 Latino packages. If you live in Puerto Rico, you can access AT&T services there as well. Check the AT&T store locator to locate a store near you in Puerto Rico.
- U200 Latino: You'll receive everything that is included in the original U200 package, plus Paquete Español, which grants you up to 60 channels.
- U300 Latino: Like the U200 package, you'll receive everything included in the U300 Package, plus Paquete Español.
- U450 Latino: Like the U200 and U300 packages, you'll receive the channels included in these packages, plus Paquete Español.
AT&T Channel Guide
Curious to check the AT&T channel guide lineup for your favorite channels in your area? AT&T U-verse service has you covered there. You can access the U-verse AT&T channel guide lineup via the TV and U-verse TV tab underneath the Shop main tab on the site. From there, you can input your zip code. Once you've entered your zip code, select either residential or business.
You'll be able to select and view either the English or Latino channels, complete with package and channel information. You'll also have the ability to filter the channels by category and check off whether or not you'd like HD channels only.
Finally, you'll be able to search one or more channels using the search bar. If you're not sure which providers are available in your area, you can find cable TV providers easily by ZIP code.
Nielsen reports that while the average number of channels that adults paid for was 205.9 as of 2016, the actual number viewed was 19.8. Yes, only 20 TV channels.
AT&T U-verse is an affordable and reliable cable company, but its add-ons can be quite expensive. However, it does feature a vast array of channels and apps to choose from and places a heavy focus on children's apps and channels. To save some money, you can bundle TV, high-speed Internet service, and phone service options together.
Because of its flexibility, the number of channels it bears, and its emphasis on apps, AT&T U-verse should definitely be mulled over, provided you're in its area of service. If you're looking to cut your cable bill by eliminating cable altogether, you can look into how to watch TV online.
Care to compare cable company providers like DIRECTV and Time Warner? Then you should make sure to read our buyer's guide to cable TV providers for rankings, comparisons, and in-depth analysis.