Dish Network, a direct-broadcast satellite TV provider, is constantly innovating itself, offering customizable programming and flexibility, all at an affordable rate.
It stands out from its competitors, but it needs to; after all, it's now competing with more affordable live-streaming services such as PlayStation Vue and Hulu Live, as well as cable providers such as Comcast and satellite TV providers like DIRECTV.
The problem is that there is so much information scattered on Dish Network's websites that it can be hard to digest. That's why we're here: to help you absorb the information with this easy-to-read guide.
Inside this guide, you'll find the details on the Dish Network channel list as well as the packages and more. Hopefully, by the end of this guide, you'll find out whether or not Dish Network is most suitable for your needs.
Dish Network offers several TV packages that suit most anyone's needs: Flex Pack, Top X packages, Latino packages, and bundle packages. Furthermore, they're quite affordable.
On Dish's official site you'll find reviews for their packages brought to you by TrustPilot, so you'll be able to better decide (without much worry of false reviews) whether or not to adopt Dish and its packages.
There are plenty of packages to choose from with Dish. Many come with invaluable benefits. For instance, four of the packages - Dish Flex Pack, America's Top 120+, America's Top 200, and America's Top 250 - include free premium channels such as HBO and Cinemax, free next day installation, and Hopper DVR.
The 2TB Dish Hopper 3 HD DVR allows you to store up to 500 hours of HD movies, games, and shows. You can also record 16 channels onto the HD and 4K-compatible system. Furthermore, you can search TV and apps all at once with integrated search, enjoy Bluetooth compatibility, and handle parental controls. As the cherry on top, you can watch TV anywhere, as Dish Hopper 3 comes with integrated Sling technology.
You can access thousands of TV shows and movies on demand with Dish On Demand. With Dish On Demand, you can watch the latest content from your phone, tablet, and computer through Dish Anywhere and on your Hopper 3 HD DVR when it's connected to the internet.
Dish America's Top 120 Plus Channels
- Over 190 TV channels- complete with local channels, Regional Sports Networks, and regular sports channels.
- Dish Hopper HD DVR Upgrade,
- Free premium movie channels for three months
- Free same day installation where available, free HD for life, and free local channels.
- You can also save a few dollars per month for a one-year period
Dish Top 200 Channels
- Over 240 channels of TV, movies, and music.
- You'll also receive all the free benefits mentioned previously
- Receive all local channels and 23 music channels, and more than 70 SiriusXM radio channels
- Get the premium channels free of charge for three months
- It's just a few dollars more compared to the Top 120 Plus (with a two-year price lock).
Dish Top 250 Channels
- Over 290 channels at an affordable, two-year locked in price
- 17+ movie channels, alongside sports, family-friendly entertainment, news, weather, and primetime TV
- Local channels and premium movie channels free for three months.
- Free HBO for 12 months
- Included in the pack are channels such as Epix Drive-In, FXX, Hallmark Movies, Reelz, and Starz Encore.
- Sports channels, both indoor and outdoor, are included
Maybe you want specific movie packages. Well, the good news is that you can pick the movie channels that are suitable for your tastes. While you can receive HBO, Cinemax, SHOWTIME, and Dish Movie Pack free for three months when you order America's Top 120 or above, you can also order these packages separately.
There are nine movie packages to choose from:
- HBO - Nine HBO channels with eight in HD
- Cinemax - Five Cinemax channels with four in HD
- SHOWTIME - Nine SHOWTIME channels with five in HD
- Starz - Eight Starz channels with six in HD
- Dish Movie - 15 movie channels
- Epix - Epix, Epix 2, Epix 3, and Epix Drive-In
- Heartland - 10 premium channels with more than 3,000 streaming titles
- Encore - Eight Encore movie channels
- Playboy TV - An X-rated service
Similar to the movie packages, you can choose specific Dish sports packages. Packages include:
- Multi-Sport Pack with NFL Redzone
- ESPN Gameplan
- FOX Soccer Plus
- NBA League Pass
- NHL Center Ice
- ESPN Full Court
- MLS Direct Kick
- Outdoor Sports Package
- Willow Cricket
- Racetrack Television Network
Related: How does Dish stack up against its rivals? You can read about it in our buyer's guide to satellite TV.
For those who are interested (or invested in) Latino television, you're in luck. Dish has TV packages tailored toward those with this specific interest.
- Dish Latino Plus: With this package, you'll receive free next day installation, free Hopper HD DVR, and free HD for life, which is included with a two-year price guarantee. Over 190 channels in Spanish and English are included in this package.
- Dish Latino Dos: Recieve over 225 English and Spanish channels. Also included in this package are free next day installation, Hopper HD DVR, and HD for life. Furthermore, you'll receive premium channels at no charge for three months.
- Dish Latino Max: For the ultimate bilingual package, you may want to select Dish Latino Max. You'll receive over 270 channels, which include Disney Channel, Freeform, Nat Geo Mundo, Nickelodeon, telenovela channels and so much more.
Read More: You can learn more about TV and internet bundling here.
Dish TV offers several packages at affordable prices. The prices are only more affordable with the two-year lock-in agreement. Not only do most of these packages include freebies such as next day installation, Hopper HD DVR, and HD for life, but they also provide you with a broad range of channels to keep you entertained.
The flexibility of Dish, alongside its ability to work with live-stream services such as Sling TV, will keep Dish running for years to come.