Dish has revolutionized the way we watch TV with its excellent innovations such as the voice command remote and giving customers access to select its own TV package with Flex Pack.
However, the website is chockful of pages with information that may be a little difficult to digest for the consumer.
We've gone ahead and did the heavy lifting for you by compiling the important details of the Dish TV packages and wrapped them into an easy-to-read guide.
COMPARE NOW: Dish TV Deals and Packages
Inside this guide, you'll find all the essential information and in-depth analysis on the available Dish TV packages and TV channels, tools and features, bundles, TV channel lineup, service availability, Dish DVR, customer support, and more.
By the end of this guide, we hope you'll discover whether or not Dish is right for you.
In This Guide
Key Considerations Before Choosing DISH
Before you dive into this review take a moment to decide what you want out of your satellite TV provider. Answer these questions and we'll help you sort out the rest:
- Does Dish TV cover the area you live in? Trick question satellite TV covers the entire country, unlike cable.
- Are there any specific channels you can't live without?
- Do you want to bundle your services or do you just want TV?
Now that you've answered these choosing should be a breeze.
DISH TV Packages and Prices
|Provider/Package||TV Channels||Monthly Price|
|Dish America's Top 120||190||$59.99|
|Dish America's Top 120 Plus||190||$69.99|
|Dish America's Top 200||240||$79.99|
|Dish America's Top 250||290||$89.99|
If you are looking for variety as it pertains to satellite TV packages, Dish Network is a great choice.
It's important to note each plan offers you the opportunity to lock in your promotional rate for the first two years. Considering you have to have a two-year service agreement with autopay for its TV plans, the fact it offers low pricing throughout your commitment is a great perk you won't find with comparable providers like DIRECTV, who only offers promotional pricing for the first year of service.
COMPARE NOW: Dish TV Deals and Packages
Dish TV Channels
Ready to learn more about DISH channel packages? We get it. That's why we've compiled a list of each channel included in every DISH package. So you can be sure you have access to your favorite channels when committing to a deal. Take a look at their top packages:
Dish Premium Channels
Premium channels available with Dish:
Dish Sports Channels
DISH channels don't offer serious football fans their favorite options. If you want to catch a lot of games, you'll want to consider a Multi-Sport pack add-on such as:
- ESPN Gameplan
- FOX Soccer Plus
- NBA League Pass
- NHL Center Ice
While DISH's sports offerings might not be as comprehensive as something like DIRECTV's NFL SUNDAY TICKET, you'll pay almost ¼ of the price. Plus, you'll get access to channels like the NHL and MLB networks, so you can watch more than just football.
Dish DVR & Equipment
Dish Network offers innovative equipment to elevate how you watch TV. A great representation of this is its DVR equipment and service.
Touted as the world's smartest DVR, according to Dish Network, the Hopper 3 HD DVR service gives you the capability to skip commercials even if you are watching primetime programming.
Below is a closer look at some of the equipment options you can receive with Dish:
- Hopper 3 HD DVR - It also allows you to find your lost remote by sending a signal to it to beep and you can record up to 16 programs at the same time. Furthermore, it integrates Netflix. Therefore, when comparing Dish vs. DIRECTV, this is one area Dish has a commanding advantage in. DIRECTV Genie just can't compare, even though the DIRECTV Genie HD DVR is quite advanced.
- Hopper Go - Hopper Go allows you to watch your recorded programs wherever you are. How this works is you connect the device to your DVR via USB, follow the onscreen prompts to download recordings, then plug it into any internet device to watch your favorite shows or movies remotely.
- On-Demand - As noted above, when you sign up for any TV package through Dish, you receive access to its on-demand library with more than 6,500 TV shows and movies to choose from. This gives you limitless entertainment options to enjoy.
Dish Customer Service
Not only does Dish offer innovations you won't find with cable or satellite TV providers, but you'll also receive exceptional support from its reps.
The American Customer Satisfaction Index scored Dish Network at 67. This is fourth highest among subscription television service providers, trailing behind DirecTV (68), AT&T U-Verse (69) and Verizon Fios (70).
Overall, Dish offers innovations you won't find with other providers including the ability to choose a part of your TV package, a remote control that responds to voice commands, and a DVR that can record up to 16 shows at once.
Furthermore, Dish offers affordable packages, where you can receive its promotional rate throughout your two-year service commitment. Other perks include free installation, no HD service fees and access to a fast interface to make finding your programs easy.
Dish Network is a good choice because it offers all these amazing perks at a reasonable price.