VPN Service Reviews
In an increasingly connected world where computers, smartphones and other devices have become a large part of our day-to-day lives, privacy over the internet is becoming more and more of a concern. In the past few years especially, this issue has come to the forefront of the minds of individuals and businesses that do a lot of their work online.
One way to secure your files and data is to set up a private network in an office or home in which users of different computers can communicate with one another in a closed network. However, when you want to communicate with other computers, people and networks that are outside your home or office you will have to take to the internet and make use of a virtual private network.
VPN Service: What to Consider
With a virtual private network (VPN) you can extend your private network across the internet, which allows you to connect to far away computers as if they were in your own private network. For instance, this would allow traveling employees and separate branches of a business to securely communicate with the home office.
A good VPN service provider can extend your network to all of the individuals that you would like to share with. When you are looking for a VPN service consider the following criteria:
- Make sure they are reputable. There are so many VPN services out there, a few low quality services are bound to show up as you search for one. With this in mind, there are easy ways for you to find reputable VPN providers. The first is to take a small group of providers you might want to work with and research their reputation online by using the Better Business Bureau, tech articles highlighting products such as our informative VPN reviews and customer reviews. The BBB in particular is a great place to turn because it assigns a grade for each company from A to F in part on the customer service its company delivers. Moreover, if you notice many unresolved complaints on file with the BBB or a tendency of its customers having the same problem (poor connection speeds, slow response time in addressing issues, etc.) then it's best to go with another provider that will deliver the service you deserve.
- Speaking of customer service, this along with a provider's reputation are the most important factors to consider before subscribing for services. What methods are available to you to contact a provider's customer service? Does it offer customer service available 24/7? What is its response time to emails? What support tools does it have on its website? Is there a support section that lists user guides and addresses common support questions? The answers to these questions will indicate if the provider takes its customer service seriously.
- Look at the pros and cons of each protocol that services offer. Each type has its own strengths and weaknesses, choose one that is the best for what you do. One of the best ways to find the strengths and weaknesses of each service is to use our informative reviews. These in-depth reviews examine all the perks, benefits and drawbacks each VPN provider offers you; this makes the reviews great resources for you to use because you can compare providers quickly, then make a determination based on the information you gain.
- The VPN server locations matter. A VPN server in a specific location can help you get around location restrictions in your area. This means when you examine a provider's offerings, it's important to find out how many servers it has and how many countries it has servers in. Not only can this help you get around local restrictions, it might also allow you to access blocked websites that your government won't allow you to access. In turn, this will give you unrivaled freedom when you browse online.
- Check the policies of the provider. Remember, they may protect you from outside eavesdropping but they can also access your data when they want to. Moreover, how does it handle your data? Does it provide a transfer option to allow you control your data? And if so, how it will ensure it can transfer your data safely? A reputable provider should be able to answer these questions in a quick and professional manner to allay your concerns.
- Look for high quality malware and virus protection from the provider. Sometimes, they might offer featured add-ons like firewall protection. What's great about these add-ons is it provides you with added layers of security, so you receive the best protection for your data. In addition, it's important when searching for extras that the provider can meet your needs by offering phone apps for your use and software that runs on a wide variety of operating systems. This ensures you will receive the full benefit of its services for your devices.
Meet the Best VPN Service Providers
With the demand rising for increased protection and anonymity online, it has given birth to many VPN providers. While there are ample providers available, these five tout the best features, responsive customer service and great educational resources to aid you.
IP Vanish VPN
- Large company with abundant resources
- Many servers around the world
- Fast connection speeds
- Unique IP sharing approach
- Many protocol types
- Live chat not available 24/7
IPVanish is a leading VPN provider with the big company resources to back it up. They have more than 100 servers around the globe in over 40 different countries which goes a long way in connecting your network all over the world. You receive a variety of choices with this service, which means you are more likely to get exactly what you want. You can choose where you connect, meaning you can bypass location restrictions by choosing to use servers near the area you wish to connect to. You can also choose from one of the several different protocols that they offer which can help you find one that works the best for your needs.
- Easy to use website
- Many protocol types
- Many servers around the world
- 24 hour support
- Live chat available
- Installation may seem long or complicated
PureVPN delivers exceptional privacy and freedom when you browse online. It has more servers than any other virtual private network provider and boasts the fastest network, thanks to its self-managed network. Moreover, it works with many operating systems from Windows to Android to make it a great option for your computer, smartphone, laptop or tablet. Overall, it has over 500 servers in 141 countries which gives you the opportunity to stretch your private network in a variety of places.
- Easy sign up process
- 30-day money back guarantee on its services
- It has privacy tools available that many banks, law firms and other businesses use
- Great educational resources online that includes troubleshooting guides and articles on how to set the V
- It doesn’t have a U.S. phone number, so it’s only means of contact is through online options
HideMyAss lives up to its name as a VPN (virtual private network) provider that has the ability to protect your data when you surf online. It has a huge global network, consisting of 880 VPN servers in 210 counties, which is substantially more than other providers offer. This, coupled with its excellent customer service and affordability, makes HideMyAss is a great provider to consider.
- Very fast connection speeds
- Several protocol options
- Servers all over the world
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Very securely encrypted connection
- Connected devices can only be used one at a time
- No free trial
- No live chat
ExpressVPN claims to earn its name by being one of the fasted VPN services on the market. Some say it is comparable to other top services while others notice that it is indeed faster. Either way, it is among the top providers for its speed and if it's not the fastest it is fast enough for most uses. It has servers in 78 countries, which doesn't make it the most pervasive service in the industry but it is above average.
- Fast connection speed
- Servers all over the world
- 3 day free trial
- 24 hour live chat
- Higher price
- Keeps logs for 30 days
VyprVPN is another service that boasts amazing speeds and while it is probably not the fastest it can definitely compete with other top providers. The service offers top of the line protection and a fairly large international network of servers, with thousands of IP addresses and servers in over 40 countries. If you are looking for one of the most pervasive services VyperVPN is among them. VyprVPN's website is well designed and easy to use and they offer 24 hour live support if you have any issues. If you purchase the service and then decide not to use it there is a three-day money back guarantee.
VPN Service Advice
VPN services are excellent for individuals and businesses alike. If you want to learn more on VPN services, check to see if they are right for you and/or receive practical tips on how to keep your information safe online, our guides on VPN advice are perfect for you. Here is a look at some of the article offerings we have:
- Virtual private networks, or VPNs, offer a heightened level of privacy while you're connected to the internet. The major benefit to having serious privacy online with a VPN is how much it protects your identity. With the growing sense that everyone, from advertisers to government to criminals, is looking over your shoulder, the security that a VPN offers goes a long way for relieving any worries you have about privacy. The other major benefit of a personal VPN is that it gives you access to parts of the internet you might not otherwise have, depending on where you are and what restrictions might exist. Is a VPN service right for you? Our guide on why you might need a VPN service answers this and many other questions.
- In today's digital world, it's more important than ever to keep your information safe. In the wake of digital security breaches such as the Heartbleed bug, as well as data leaks, consumers need to take proactive, rather than reactive steps to keep their information safe. Our guide on how to keep your information safe gives you simple tips you can employ such as using stronger passwords and limiting the information you post online, especially on social media. By using the practical tips in this helpful guide, you adopt smart online behaviors that can keep your information safer.
- A VPN, or a virtual private network, is a way for companies to communicate with employees both in their own offices and in different locations in a way that is secure and not open to the prying eyes of competitors or hackers. When companies share information, like private contracts, notable contacts, and financial information especially, the goal is to always transmit it in a way where it can't be intercepted by third parties. This is a consistent and ongoing challenge, especially in the financial industry, which is why many people have turned to installing VPN networks. There are numerous reasons why VPN networks are so important, and any company large or small should consider investing in one to protect their private information from third parties. Of course, there are several things to consider when choosing between the wide varieties of VPN protocols. Our guide on VPN an important consideration for business owners identities the protocols available, which can aid you in your choice.
A quality VPN service can give you plenty of benefits including high security and the ability to get around location restrictions when you travel. Choose one that offers features that are ideal for you or your business. It's important to remember that not all service providers are alike. Some offer more responsive tools, easy set up processes, ample online resources and exceptional support thereby making them more enticing options. Along with this, a provider's reputation and support offerings are arguably the two most important factors in determining if it's the right fit for you. When you do find the right provider, you can have confidence in knowing you are accessing the internet securely.