Total Wireless phone service in 2021
- Unlimited talk and text
- Shared data plans available
- Available in retail stores
- Cheap add-on data
- Device payment plan available
- No unlimited data plan
- Customer service suffers from bad reputation
What does that mean? It means you get Verizon coverage at a discounted price.
Much like every other low-cost carrier, they purchase service through one or more of the "big four" major carriers in bulk and then sell it to consumers at discounted prices.
They're able to do so for many reasons but the biggest is probably the fact that they generally operate solely online. Although some MVNOs do have some brick-and-mortars to operate, they aren't paying nearly as much as the big four in advertising. So they pass their savings on to you.
Curious to find out more about this MVNO? Read on for our full Total Wireless review.
Total Wireless Prepaid Plans
When it comes to savings, this MVNO has you covered! Let's take a look at Total Wireless plans from a logistical point of view.
The average Verizon Wireless customer with an unlimited data plan uses 4GB of data or less per month. That's a lot of unnecessary data. Now let's compare that data plan to what you would be paying with Total Wireless for their 5GB plan (since they don't have a 4GB plan).
By making the switch you're paying less than half of what you would with Verizon! Now that's some major savings.
And they've got savings the whole family can enjoy. That's right, Total Wireless offers family plans with discounted rates per added device.
Total Wireless Savings
Verizon vs Total Wireless Plan Comparison
Keep your Verizon phone, number & coverage: Save $360 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|Verizon||Verizon 4G LTE||Unltd*||$80/mo||$960/yr|
|Total Wireless||Verizon 4G LTE||Unltd||$50/mo||$600/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$30/mo||$360/yr|
Total Wireless Coverage
There's no need to be concerned with Total Wireless coverage because they operate on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network. So their service is both fast and reliable.
Total Wireless Cell Phone Plans
Total Wireless Phone Deals
Total Wireless gives you as many phone options as the big guys do:
- Bring your own phone - Since Total Wireless operates on a CDMA network, you'll have the most luck with compatibility if you have a Sprint or Verizon phone. You may have to change the APN settings (easy-peasy) and don't forget to make sure your device is unlocked.
- Buy a new phone – Total Wireless offers a wide selections of phones through their site. However, you need to keep in mind that if you choose to make monthly payments on your device your bill will go up.
- Buy a refurbished phone - You'll save the most money - up to 50% off retail - by shopping for refurbished Total Wireless devices. Compare prices and features on all your favorite Apple and Android devices from reputable sellers.
Once you have your device be sure to order your Total Wireless SIM card online.
Key Considerations When Choosing Total Wireless
You probably have more than a few questions about this MVNO, and that's OK. Here are some key questions you should go over before switching to Total Wireless:
- Does Total Wireless service cover your area?
- How much data do you need each month?
- Will you bring your own phone (BYOP) or will you need one?
- Do you need a single-line plan or a family plan?
Save even more money on your Total Wireless plan by purchasing a refurbished phone instead of a brand new (expensive) device.
If you choose to buy refurbished, it's well worth selling your old device for some extra cash in your pockets!
Don't feel the need to just take our word for it - find out what real customers are saying with our Total Wireless user reviews. Or you can compare them to other Verizon MVNOs before making your decision.