MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Verizon home phone service plans may be perfect for those looking for an inexpensive, reliable landline.
Although home phones are not as popular now as they were in the past, they can still be quite useful, especially if you have a chatty teenager or own a small business.
Landlines can actually offer a variety of benefits, including clear voice calling and a more reliable connection compared to your cell phone.
If you're interested in purchasing a line, keep reading for information on Verizon home phone service plans and what to consider before you buy.
In this guide, we'll compare the different home phone plans Verizon offers, discuss the features you can expect, and touch upon the bundles you can purchase for additional savings.
Verizon phone & internet packages
Verizon FiOS Internet 300 + Home Phone
Verizon phone deals
Verizon FiOS Your Fios TV + Internet 300 + Home Phone
Verizon FiOS More Fios TV + Internet 300 + Home Phone
Verizon FiOS The Most Fios TV + Internet 300 + Home Phone
Verizon offers the ability to build your own bundle. Unfortunately, it's dependent on where you live. However, with bundling, you may be limited to FiOS Digital Voice, FiOS TV, and FiOS Internet's fiber-optic network.
That being said, you can select two of the three. You do not need FiOS TV, for instance, to obtain bundling prices, but in a lot of cases, you'll save more by including FiOS TV and be able to adopt faster FiOS internet. Furthermore, if you order the bundle online, Verizon will waive the setup charge.
Sometimes the offers come with a $150 Visa Prepaid Card or exclusive channels such as HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, and Epix. Perhaps you can nab both exclusive channels and the prepaid card. You can also compare cable tv providers in your area here if you're interested.
Verizon landline features
Verizon's home phone service comes with some nifty features, including:
- Caller ID
- The ability to block anonymous callers
- The ability to prevent your name and phone number from displaying on caller IDs
- Voice Mail
- The ability to send incoming calls to another telephone
- Call Waiting
- Three Way Calling
- Privacy with the phone directory
- Some work during power outages
Finally, you can always purchase inside wire maintenance, which covers the diagnosis and repair of the inside wiring.
Verizon international calling
Verizon has three international calling plans that allow you to stay in touch with friends and family across the globe, which is considerably more affordable than AT&T's home phone plans, depending on what you select.
Verizon Wireless home phone
A Verizon home phone unit is a portable, low-cost alternative to the traditional landline phone service. With it, you're able to bring your home phone number to Verizon or own a new one. No broadband or internet service is required either, and it is compatible with both corded and cordless phones.
As the cherry on top, the wireless home phone can be used during power outages, thanks to the built-in battery backup. You can always purchase the wireless home phone unit at full price or you can save money by opting into a two-year contract.
Wireless home phone offers the following calling features: Voice Mail, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting, Three-Way Calling, and Caller ID. The product is also compatible with international calling thanks to an added International Long Distance feature. The wireless home phone also supports an international calling card.
- High-speed internet: Verizon FiOS internet plans offer fast upload and download speeds, but speeds vary so you'll need to check coverage in your area.
- No data cap: All Verizon FiOS internet deals come with unlimited data meaning no data caps.
- Download speeds: Although speeds may vary, Verizon FiOS internet plans range from 200 Mbps to 940 Mbps. You can use our Verizon Internet speed test to check speeds in your area and see if you can get Verizon fiber internet where you live.
- Monthly costs: The Verizon internet plans are reasonably priced and competitive.
- Coverage: Unfortunately there's currently limited availability, but if you can get coverage in your area they have one of the best reputations for reliable coverage.
- No contracts: There's plenty of flexibility with Verizon FiOS prepaid internet and Verizon FiOS TV. With no contracts, there are no long-term commitments or worry about an early termination fee.
- Bundle your services: If you're looking for internet, TV, and phone service, Verizon FiOS bundle deals offer double and triple play options to choose from.
- TV packages: You can choose from Verizon Your FiOS TV, Verizon More FiOS TV, and Verizon The Most FiOS, depending on the channels and features you're looking for.
- TV channel lineup: Depending on the option you choose, Verizon FiOS TV packages start from around 125+ channels up to 425+. The Verizon FiOS channel lineup comes with channels including ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and more. You can choose to add premium channels HBO Max, STARZ, STARZ Encore, Showtime, Cinemax, and Epix for an extra cost.
- VoIP: Verizon's home phone is a digital service that connects to your existing internet line to provide crystal-clear calling.
- Calling features: Caller ID, voicemail, spam alerts, call forwarding, and many more features are included.
- Customer service: Find out more about customer satisfaction and what Verizon customers are saying with Verizon FiOS reviews.
- Compare: You can compare Verizon FiOS with their main competitors including Xfinity vs Verizon FiOS, Verizon FiOS vs Optimum, and Verizon FiOS vs Spectrum.
Verizon wireless router with voice
Finally, you can always take advantage of the Verizon 4G LTE Broadband Router with Voice. This allows you to connect both Ethernet and Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the 4G LTE network, as well as connect your home phone to the LTE network in order to make phone calls. This can be done simultaneously, by the way.
With the Broadband Router with Voice, you'll receive access to local, long distance calling, call forwarding, call waiting, three-way calling, TTY-TTD, voice mail, and 911.
Verizon cell phone service
If you're interested in a Verizon wireless plan or family plan, you can check out Verizon cell phone plans.
Verizon offers unlimited talk, text, and data plans that'll cost you $80 per line.
Verizon phone service availability
Is Verizon Voice worth it?
Verizon offers a solid home telephone service at a reasonable price with reliable service. They make installing and operating your home telephone service equipment a breeze with informative and time-saving tools, guides, and videos to help solve any problem you might have.
If you're considering adopting Verizon's home landline service, then you should browse through its offerings to determine if the service is right for you.
Verizon offers a variety of landline services. In fact, it offers more in comparison to the average home phone company. With domestic call plans, cordless phone units, and its set of international call plans, you can't go wrong with Verizon home phone's service.
Verizon phone service FAQs
Overall, Verizon's phone service is quite affordable. Depending on where you live, you can opt for either FiOS Digital Voice or the normal home phone service.
If you have Verizon's service in your area, it's a good idea to consider it. Remember, you can always check the availability of Verizon's plans and compare plans by ZIP code with us or by calling their customer service number.
Perhaps you'd like to compare home phone company providers. In that case, make sure to check out the best landline phone service providers. Furthermore, perhaps you'd like to check out more than just home phone offerings from Verizon; if that's the case we also offer guides for the available Verizon FiOS TV packages and Verizon FiOS Internet plans.
Home phone providers
- Ooma Home Phone Service
- Community Phone Landline
- AT&T Home Phone Service
- Spectrum Home Phone Service
- Xfinity Home Phone Service
- Cox Home Phone Service