MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Your Mint Mobile eSIM plan offers instant access to your new cell phone service, making the switching process seamless.
With 4G LTE and 5G wireless coverage on the T-Mobile network, this low-cost carrier helps you save money without compromising coverage quality.
Before you dive into the activation process, let's go through the steps you need to follow:
Mint Mobile eSIM Activation
Mint Mobile eSIM-compatible phones
If you want to bring your own phone to Mint Mobile, make sure you have an eSIM-eligible phone. Most devices manufactured in the last few years include eSIM compatibility. These include iPhone XR and newer, Samsung Galaxy S20 and newer, and Google Pixel 5 and up.
Before activating your Mint Mobile eSIM
- Make sure you choose the eSIM delivery option at checkout.
- Your phone must be unlocked from its current carrier to be eligible for Mint Mobile service.
- If you're transferring your phone number, have your account number and transfer PIN from your previous carrier handy.
Mint Mobile eSIM activation
If you're an existing Mint Mobile customer looking to switch to an eSIM plan, reach out to the customer service team at (800) 683-7392.
New customers, you can activate your eSIM via the Mint Mobile app or on the Mint Mobile website.
Activating Mint Mobile eSIM online
- Check your physical SIM slot and remove the SIM card if there is one.
- Choose your Mint Mobile plan.
- Click Activate Now on the order confirmation page, or wait for your confirmation email to arrive.
- Scan the provided QR code.
- Follow the prompts.
Activating Mint Mobile eSIM in the app
- Remove any physical SIM card from your phone.
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Download the Mint Mobile app.
- Open the app and tap Activate your SIM card.
- Activation should start automatically.
- If you're getting a new number, your plan could be live in as little as 30 minutes. For number transfers, it might take up to 24 hours.
If your device freezes on the Cellular Plan step, close the window and scan the QR code again.
Mint Mobile eSIM activation issues
Although the process is usually smooth, here are some common issues to watch out for:
- Phone compatibility: Ensure your phone is unlocked from its carrier and supports eSIM (embedded SIM).
- Up-to-date software: Check your phone's settings to make sure it's running the most recent operating system version.
Mint Mobile eSIM activation FAQs
Activating your Mint Mobile eSIM plan is a breeze. With just a few simple steps after setting up your Mint Mobile account, you can have your plan up and running in as little as a few minutes.
To be eligible for an eSIM plan, just make sure you have an unlocked, eSIM-compatible device, and then you'll be good to go!
Mint Mobile FAQs
- Mint Mobile Compatible Phones List
- Mint Mobile APN Settings
- Mint Mobile Customer Service FAQs
- Does Mint Mobile have a Free Trial?
- Does Mint Mobile have a Promo Code?
- Does Mint Mobile have Unlimited Data?
- How to Activate Mint Mobile eSIM
- How to Activate Mint Mobile SIM Card
- How to Get a Free Mint Mobile SIM Card
- How to Sign Up for Mint Mobile
- How to Switch to Mint Mobile
- What is Mint Mobile? Is it Worth it?
- What Network does Mint Mobile use?
- Where to Buy a Mint Mobile SIM Card