MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
The T-Mobile network powers Mint Mobile plans, so you'll get the same 4G and 5G LTE coverage at half the price.
You know they're affordable, but you might be wondering if the quality of their customer service matches their budget-friendly phone plans.
The great news is that it's easy to contact Mint Mobile customer care using various methods. This way, you can utilize the way that suits you best and get the help you need ASAP.
Mint Mobile customer support
How can I talk to Mint Mobile customer service?
Mint Mobile's got your back with various ways to get in touch and get the assistance you need.
1. Customer service phone support: Call Mint Mobile's care team at 800-683-7392, or dial 611 from your Mint Mobile phone. And you'll be connected to a helpful representative who can address your questions, issues, or anything related to your account.
2. Online chat support: Pop over to Mint Mobile's website and take advantage of their live chat feature. This nifty tool lets you chat with support agents in real time, making it super convenient for resolving quick inquiries without making a phone call.
Mint Mobile customer service number
For direct assistance from Mint Mobile, dial their customer support number at 800-683-7392. Their service hours are:
- Seven days a week: 5 am - 7 pm PST
Activating your Mint Mobile plan
Once you've picked your Mint Mobile plan, SIM card activation is a breeze. I'll guide you through the steps below for both Android and iPhone devices:
How to set up a Mint Mobile SIM card:
Follow these steps to activate a physical Mint Mobile SIM card:
- Insert the appropriate size of SIM card into your phone.
- Go to the Mint Mobile website or Mint Mobile app to activate your SIM.
Mint Mobile iPhone setup
You're all set to go if you have iOS 13 or a newer version. Mint Mobile iPhone settings come pre-installed.
If you're on iOS 12: Apple might prompt you to update your carrier settings. Don't worry if you don't get the notification; you can manually initiate the update whenever you'd like. Head to your device's Settings > General > About and tap "Update" when the prompt appears.
Additionally, make sure both "Cellular Data" and "Enable LTE" are turned on in your Settings.
For iOS versions lower than 12.0:
- Tap the "Settings" icon on your home screen.
- Go to the first section of the menu and choose "Cellular."
- Ensure that both "Cellular Data" and "Enable LTE" are switched on in the "Settings" menu.
- Select the "Cellular Data" option, then use our Mint Mobile APN settings instructions, linked below, to complete the process.
Mint Mobile Android setup:
- Open your phone's Settings.
- Navigate to Connections or search for Access Point Names.
- Choose Mobile Networks.
- Tap Access Point Names (APN).
- In the top right corner, tap the three-dot menu and select "Reset to default."
You can now input the required information using our handy Mint Mobile APN settings. We've broken it all down for you to make the process simple and straightforward.
Mint Mobile network issues
Facing network glitches? Don't worry; we've got some tips and tricks to help you out:
- Turn your phone off and then on: Try the classic fix for many tech issues. Turn your phone off and back on, or toggle airplane mode on and off. This can often reset your connection to the Mint Mobile network.
- Remove and reinsert SIM card: This may get things going if you have a physical SIM. If you have eSIM, turn it off and then on again.
- Update your phone software: Carriers update operating systems from time to time. Make sure you're running the most recent one available for your device.
- Upgrade your phone or plan: If your phone's getting up there in years, consider upgrading to a newer model from a selection of Mint Mobile phones for better compatibility. And remember, Mint Mobile's plans are flexible, so you can upgrade your plan anytime!
Mint Mobile customer service reviews
Like many other carriers, Mint Mobile customer care gets mixed reviews. Some customers have had very positive experiences, while others have faced challenges.
The carrier itself claims a 94% customer service satisfaction rate. But is that stretching it a bit? Here's what people have been saying:
Mint Mobile customer service advantages
- Respectful reps: Customers have raved over how courteous the customer care team is.
- Fast response time: Users have commented on how quickly they can get through to a customer care person on the phone and in chat.
- Helpful technical staff: Tech support has received compliments for efficiently solving technical issues.
- Responsive on public forums: One thing I noticed in my investigation is that this low-cost carrier is quick to respond to pleas for help from its subscribers in arenas like Reddit and Facebook.
Mint Mobile customer service drawbacks
- No callback: The carrier may suggest a supervisor callback. A few users have failed to receive this call.
- Unskilled assistance: Other subscribers claim that the customer care representative seemed unfamiliar with how to solve their problem.
- Language barriers: Customer service is outsourced overseas, so some customers find the language barrier frustrating.
In my extensive experience with the mobile industry, I've found customer care experiences can vary wildly. Our research shows that more unhappy customers complain than happy customers share their satisfaction.
Read plenty of current reviews, like those on Mint Mobile's Trustpilot page, to get a clearer overall picture.
Mint Mobile offers multiple avenues to reach out for support; whether you're a phone call enthusiast or prefer the privacy afforded by chat, they've got you covered.
While some hiccups have been reported, bear in mind that this isn't uncommon in the realm of cell phone service customer support.
If you're considering signing up, check out our Mint Mobile customer reviews for the most up-to-date insights on their support quality.