Mint Mobile cell phone service review
Offers the latest phones with 0% finance
Prepay months in bulk for more savings
Reliable network coverage
Works with most GSM phones
No family plans
Minimum 3 months
Mint Mobile is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO, for short). They buy space from a major network, then sell their coverage to you at a much better price.
They're all about making cell phone plans more affordable and calling the big networks out on their BS.
We rate them, and they have a great reputation with their customers too. Let's take a closer look at this carrier and help you decide if it's the one for you.
Mint Mobile plans
Mint Mobile family plans
|Plan||1 line||2 lines||3 lines||4 lines|
|Mint Mobile 4GB||$15||$30$15/line||$45$15/line||$60$15/line|
|Mint Mobile 10GB||$20||$40$20/line||$60$20/line||$80$20/line|
|Mint Mobile 15GB||$25||$50$25/line||$75$25/line||$100$25/line|
|Mint Mobile Unlimited Data||$30||$60$30/line||$90$30/line||$120$30/line|
What is Mint Mobile?
Mint Mobile is a low-cost carrier offering prepaid cell phone plans that can save you money without compromising quality. Also known as an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator), they operate on the same major US networks.
Mint Mobile benefits
If you fancy a premium wireless service that's inexpensive, Mint Mobile phone plans can offer just that.
MVNOs offer the best cell phone plans with a range of affordable options for any budget. Typically, plans can start from around $15 a month, depending on what you need from your cell phone plan.
We've listed a range of Mint's features and benefits to help you decide if Mint Mobile is the best service for you.
- Quality coverage: Powered by the T-Mobile network, you can expect the same nationwide coverage. To see if T-Mobile's network is the best coverage in your area you can use the Mint Mobile coverage map.
- Value for money: Mint Mobile SIM cards offer value and simplicity with their plans. Although you'll find the same features and coverage as a plan direct from T-Mobile, Mint Mobile could save you up to $600 a year.
- No contracts: As a prepaid carrier, you won't have to sign a 24 or 12 months contract. So if you're not happy with your plan there are no restrictions keeping you locked into their contract.
- Phone and plan bundles: If you're interested in upgrading your cell phone, you can find a range of the best Mint Mobile phones to choose from. Just like a phone and plan bundle from one of the major networks, but with affordable options.
- Bring your own phone: If you don't want to upgrade your phone you can easily bring your own, with Mint Mobile bring your own phone plans. You'll just need to check your cell phone is fully compatible.
- Easy set up: Being online-based, it's quick to choose and purchase your Mint Mobile SIM starter kit. Once your SIM card's arrived, it's easy to set up and you'll be up and running with a few simple steps.
- Unlimited talk & text: Most MVNOs provide unlimited talk and text with their plans.
- 4G LTE coverage: Operating on the T-Mobile network, you'll receive their 4G LTE data speeds.
- 5G high-speed data: If you have a 5G eligible device you can get access to the fast 5G network (where it's available) at no extra cost with Mint Mobile 5G plans.
- Unlimited plans: Depending on how much data you want, Mint Mobile unlimited plans offer unlimited everything at half the price of a T-Mobile unlimited plan.
- Multiple lines: Most prepaid carriers offer a discount for additional lines purchased, making a family plan a great money-saving option when buying more than one line.
- Multi-month discount: Mint Mobile offers a discount on the monthly price if you don't mind bundling for three months or six months.
- Personal hotspot: A data plan like Mint Mobile hotspot plans are great when you're traveling or away from home. You can use your mobile hotspot data to tether to your laptop so you can continue working without WiFi.
- Instant connectivity: With the latest technology a Mint Mobile eSIM can connect you to your new plan instantly. When you sign up you'll receive a QR code that once scanned activates your plan ready to use.
- Customer service: Find out what current Mint Mobile customers are saying with Mint Mobile customer reviews.
- Data only: If you're looking for data plans you'll find a range of Mint Mobile internet plans suitable for use with tablets and other mobile devices.
- Promo codes: You can compare Mint Mobile deals and promo codes to see what savings are currently available, however, these deals change regularly.
How much is Mint Mobile?
|Mint Mobile 4GB||4GB||$15** Only $45 for 3 Months Service|
|Mint Mobile 10GB||10GB||$20** Only $60 for 3 Months Service|
|Mint Mobile 15GB||15GB||$25** Only $75 for 3 Months Service|
|Mint Mobile Unlimited Data||Unltd||$30** Only $90 for 3 Months Service|
Mint Mobile coverage
What network does Mint mobile use?
Mint Mobile runs on the national T-Mobile 4G & 5G wireless network.
Does Mint Mobile have good coverage?
Mint Mobile data speed
Does Mint Mobile have 5G?
Being on the T-Mobile network is a major bonus for Mint Mobile because they're able to offer the super speedy 5G service. The rest of the time you'll have 4G LTE, which still brings high-speed internet to your cell phone.
Mint Mobile hotspot plans
|Mint Mobile 4GB Data Only||4GB||$15** Only $45 for 3 Months Service|
|Mint Mobile 10GB Data Only||10GB||$20** Only $60 for 3 Months Service|
|Mint Mobile 15GB Data Only||15GB||$25** Only $75 for 3 Months Service|
|Mint Mobile Unlimited Data Only||Unltd||$30** Only $90 for 3 Months Service|
Mint Mobile is known for offering great data packages with their plans. Because they have this buy more save more model, you'll need to sign up for multiple months to get the best deal.
They recently added an unlimited plan to their offering too. While we recommend you check your data usage before paying a premium for unlimited, if you're someone who uses a lot of data, this plan could save you a ton of cash compared to similar plans from T-Mobile.
Mint Mobile customer service
How good is Mint Mobile?
With Mint Mobile, you won't sacrifice great customer support. You can get in touch with their customer service team by phone on weekdays and weekends, or 24/7 by virtual chat.
Want to read what other users are saying? Check out our Mint Mobile customer reviews.
Mint Mobile features
- eSIM compatible -The future of SIM cards has arrived and Mint Mobile is on board. They've got on the list of eSIM compatible carriers, making it easier than ever to move between carriers, without switching a physical SIM card. You'll need an eSIM compatible device for this feature to work.
- Visual voicemail - You'll need to activate this feature, but yes. Mint Mobile offers visual voicemail with their cell phone plans.
- International calls & roaming - You get free calling to Canada & Mexico, plus affordable rates to call 160+ locations with Mint Mobile.
Mint Mobile competitors
T-Mobile vs Mint Mobile comparison
Keep your T-Mobile phone, number & coverage: Save $600 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G/5G Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|T-Mobile||T-Mobile 4G & 5G||Unltd*||$70/mo||$840/yr|
|Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 4G & 5G||10GB||$20/mo||$240/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$50/mo||$600/yr|
- AT&T vs Mint Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs Boost Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs Consumer Cellular
- Mint Mobile vs Cricket Wireless
- Mint Mobile vs Hello Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs Red Pocket
- Mint Mobile vs Republic Wireless
- Mint Mobile vs Straight Talk
- Mint Mobile vs T-Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs Tracfone
- Mint Mobile vs Ultra Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs US Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs Visible
- Simple Mobile vs Mint Mobile
- Ting vs Mint Mobile
- Verizon vs Mint Mobile
Mint Mobile phones
Mint has a great range of smartphones for you to choose from that fit any budget. Choices include the latest iPhones and Android phones, like the Samsung Galaxy series. They also offer device financing.
What phones are compatible with Mint Mobile?
|Phone||Carrier||Network||Monthly Price||Total Cost||TCL A30 32GB||Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$10/mo for 12 mths||$119||Nokia 1.4 32GB||Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$10/mo for 12 mths||$119||OnePlus Nord N100 64GB||Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$11/mo for 18 mths||$199||Nokia 2.4 32GB||Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$12/mo for 12 mths||$139||Samsung Galaxy A12 32GB||Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$12/mo for 18 mths||$199||Nokia G10 32GB||Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$13/mo for 12 mths||$149||Samsung Galaxy A03s 64GB||Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$13/mo for 12 mths||$160||LG Stylo 6 64GB||Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$13/mo for 18 mths||$229||OnePlus Nord N200 64GB||Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$13/mo for 24 mths||$309||Samsung Galaxy A32 64GB||Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$14/mo for 24 mths||$329||Motorola Moto G Stylus 128GB||Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$15/mo for 24 mths||$349||Samsung Galaxy A13 128GB||Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$17/mo for 18 mths||$299||Motorola One Ace 64GB||Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$17/mo for 24 mths||$399||Nokia XR20 64GB||Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$18/mo for 24 mths||$429||OnePlus 8 128GB||Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$18/mo for 24 mths||$429||Apple iPhone SE 64GB||Mint Mobile||T-Mobile 5G/4G LTE||$18/mo for 24 mths||$429|
Bring your own phone to Mint Mobile
Switching to Mint is super simple. You can do it in three easy steps.
- Choose a plan with Mint. The more months you buy, the more money you save.
- Prepare to make the switch. Make sure old bills are paid and your phone is unlocked.
- Set up your new plan. Keep your current carrier account open until your number has been ported over. Once you're sure your new plan is up and running, cancel your old one. If you've opted for a new device, it should come ready to go. If you're bringing your own phone, you'll need to follow the instructions with your new Mint Mobile SIM card. They'll send this to you in the post.
Verdict - Is Mint Mobile good?
Mint Mobile is disrupting the cell phone plan status quo. We love the way they do business.
With the power of one of the largest, fastest networks behind its service, the prices are an incredible value.
You can save as much as $600 a year on each line by switching to this carrier.
Mint Mobile FAQs
Where can I buy a Mint Mobile SIM card?
Mint Mobile is online-based, so you can pick your plan from the comfort of your own home.
Who owns Mint Mobile?
Ryan Reynolds owns Mint Mobile. He bought a majority stake in the company in 2019.
MoneySavingPro is here to bring transparency to telecoms, putting power back in your hands. This guides everything we do.
- We've got high standards. We use our industry expertise to find carriers that reach these standards. We all deserve the best value for money, choice, and customer experience.
- We care about accuracy. MoneySavingPro is run by cell phone geeks and money-saving obsessives. Our content team researches everything thoroughly so that information you read here will give you the whole picture. Everything we do is backed up by the data.
- We keep things simple. It's our job to break down what you need to know, so you can make informed choices.