Mint Mobile vs Boost Mobile: Which carrier is best?
We compared Mint Mobile & Boost Mobile plans, coverage & customer ratings: Which cell phone service is best for you?
MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Looking to switch carrier but not sure if Mint Mobile or Boost Mobile is better?
Within this guide, you'll be able to compare Mint Mobile and Boost Mobile coverage, features, plans and prices side-by-side, so you can decide for yourself which carrier offers the best deal.
Mint Mobile vs Boost Mobile: Coverage & Plan Comparison 2023
Mint Mobile vs Boost Mobile plans
Mint Mobile 5GB
- T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE networks Mint Mobile operates on the T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE networks. This allows you to receive the same wireless coverage but at a fraction of the cost.
- Unlimited talk and text
- 5GB data
- $765 in annual savings Savings are calculated comparing the cost of the Mint Mobile 5GB vs an unlimited data plan from T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon over the first 12 months.
*50% Off: $45 for 6 Mths
Mint Mobile phone plans are powered by the T-Mobile network, providing the same great service at a lower cost. They offer various data allowances, including an unlimited plan with 40GB of high-speed data and unlimited talk and text.
With Mint Mobile, their transparent messaging shows how you can save more money the longer you commit.
- T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE wireless coverage
- Free calls to Mexico and Canada
- Free mobile hotspot with all plans
- eSIM compatible
- No international roaming
- Limited customer service
- 3-month minimum sign-up
- Mint Mobile offers mobile hotspot access with all of their plans. So you can use your phone to tether to tablets or other mobile devices, and the unlimited plan includes a 10 GB hotspot data limit.
- A minimum 3-month upfront commitment is required to subscribe. The longer commitment period means cheaper prices. Choose a 3, 6, or 12-month pricing structure available after initial commitment.
- If you're unsatisfied, Mint Mobile offers a 7-day money-back guarantee.
- You can bring your own device, so there's no need to buy an expensive iPhone. However, if you prefer a new smartphone, there are many options available, including iPhones, Samsung, and other Android models like Google Pixel, with a 0% finance over 1-2 years.
- With the Mint Mobile app, you can easily monitor your usage and manage multiple lines and plans.
- One downside is that international roaming is an additional cost, and although you get free calls to Canada and Mexico, other international countries are extra.
Boost Mobile 5GB
- AT&T & T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE networks Boost Mobile operates on the AT&T & T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE networks. This allows you to receive the same wireless coverage but at a fraction of the cost.
- Unlimited talk and text
- 5GB data
- $750 in annual savings Savings are calculated comparing the cost of the Boost Mobile 5GB vs an unlimited data plan from T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon over the first 12 months.
*$15 for 3 Mths Service
Boost Mobile phone plans are powered by the AT&T and T-Mobile 5G & 4G networks, giving you the same wireless coverage at a fraction of the price.
With a range of data allowances from 2GB up to unlimited, there's something for the light to heavy data users.
- AT&T & T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE network coverage
- Multi-line discounts for family plans
- Mobile hotspot access
- eSIM compatible
- No free international calls
- International roaming is limited
- All of Boost Mobile's prepaid plans come with unlimited calling and text.
- If you use a lot of data, unlimited plans include up to 30GB of high-speed data.
- Most plans include mobile hotspot data, but be sure to check. The allowance depends on the plan, but the maximum is 30GB, which comes out of your monthly data allowance.
- Discounts are available for additional lines, so you can save on a plan for the whole family.
- When it comes to devices, they provide a wide range of phones to choose from. Including the latest models from popular brands like Apple and Samsung, with financing options of 0% financing over 1-2 years. Helping to make it affordable to purchase a new phone.
- Boost Mobile's international features are not as strong. Their international roaming options are limited compared to other carriers, and international calls are an extra add-on, which means you'll have to pay extra if you want to make calls to friends and family overseas.
Mint Mobile vs Boost Mobile comparison
Mint Mobile plans start at $7.50* and Boost Mobile plans start as low $5*. With no contract, you can get some of the cheapest cell phone plans when shopping for a deal with MVNO's like Mint Mobile and Boost Mobile.
|Mint Mobile 5GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||5GB||$7.50/mo $15/mo|
|Mint Mobile 15GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||15GB||$10/mo $20/mo|
|Mint Mobile 20GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||20GB||$12.50/mo $25/mo|
|Mint Mobile unlimited data plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||Unltd||$15/mo $30/mo|
|Boost Mobile 5GB plan||AT&T & T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||5GB||$5/mo $15/mo|
|Boost Mobile unlimited data plan||AT&T & T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||Unltd||$12.50/mo $25/mo|
|Boost Mobile 15GB plan||AT&T & T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||15GB||$20/mo|
Mint Mobile vs Boost Mobile coverage
Mint Mobile is powered by T-Mobile and Boost Mobile is powered by AT&T. Coverage can vary depending on your location. You can check their availability in your area by using our coverage checker.
Mint Mobile coverage
Mint Mobile is powered by T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE wireless networks.
Boost Mobile coverage
Boost Mobile is powered by AT&T and T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE wireless networks.
Find the cheapest cell phone service in your area
Enter your ZIP code below to find the best cell phone service in your area.
Mint Mobile vs Boost Mobile plan features
|Carrier Features||Mint Mobile||Boost Mobile|
|Networks||T-Mobile||AT&T & T-Mobile|
|Data Speed||5G & 4G LTE||5G & 4G LTE|
|Bring Your Phone|
|Keep Your Number|
|Contract||No - 3 mths prepaid||No - prepaid|
|Money Back Guarantee||Yes - 7 days|
|International Calls||Yes - Includes Mexico & Canada|
Mint Mobile vs Boost Mobile customer service
Mint Mobile customer service
Contact Mint Mobile customer care
Call (800) 683-7392
Tag @Mintmobile on Twitter
Boost Mobile customer service
Contact Boost Mobile customer care
Call (866) 402-7366
Tag @boostmobile on Twitter
Mint Mobile vs Boost Mobile FAQs
Mint Mobile comparison guides
- Boost Infinite vs Mint Mobile
- Lycamobile vs Mint Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs Boost Infinite
- Mint Mobile vs Consumer Cellular
- Mint Mobile vs Cricket Wireless
- Mint Mobile vs Kroger Wireless
- Mint Mobile vs Lycamobile
- Mint Mobile vs Optimum Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs PureTalk
- Mint Mobile vs Reach Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs Red Pocket
- Mint Mobile vs Spectrum Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs Straight Talk
- Mint Mobile vs Tello
- Mint Mobile vs Total by Verizon
Boost Mobile comparison guides
- Boost Mobile vs Boost Infinite
- Boost Mobile vs Consumer Cellular
- Boost Mobile vs Cricket Wireless
- Boost Mobile vs Kroger Wireless
- Boost Mobile vs Lycamobile
- Boost Mobile vs Metro by T-Mobile
- Boost Mobile vs Optimum Mobile
- Boost Mobile vs PureTalk
- Boost Mobile vs Reach Mobile
- Boost Mobile vs Red Pocket
- Boost Mobile vs Spectrum Mobile
- Boost Mobile vs Straight Talk
- Boost Mobile vs Tello
- Boost Mobile vs Total by Verizon
- Boost Mobile vs Tracfone