Rob Webber Bio
Recent articles by Rob
Rob Webber has been featured in:
If a person decides to commit to an unlimited data plan by one of the big three – Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile – they will end up losing a significant amount of money on data they don't use.
Even though demand for wireless services rages on, millions of customers are dissatisfied with the state of the industry. From mystery fees to confusing options, it's enough to make your head spin.
We recommend breaking the habit of thinking that you need to upgrade your phone every 18 months just because the carrier tells you that you can.
MoneySavingPro.com curates information for you with side-by-side comparisons. This saves you a whole lot of time and money. Many of their team are well known bloggers in the financial sphere. In other words, they know what they're talking about.
In the UK, the money-saving methods I specialize in have been around for years. That's not the case here, so I had to hone in on what provides the most value for American consumers.
- US News - How to Avoid Overpaying for Cell Phone Data
- Entrepreneur - 7 Differences Between US and UK Business Culture
- Austin Startups - Changing the US Cell Phone Market from Austin
- Business Insider - 4 Smart Things to do with an Extra $50
- Chicago Tribune - Tips to Keep Your Phone Running Longer
- Forbes - Why The Confusion Of The Cell Phone Market Has Caused Millions To Switch
- US News - Credit Cards that offer Cell Phone Protection
- VentureBeat - FreedomPop's low-cost Unreal Mobile now delivers service via AT&T
- Inc - 27 Daily Habits of Highly Successful People
- Linux Insider - Google Shows off New Android Dev Tools
- American Express - 11 Business Owners Share Their Secret to a Good Night's Rest
- Telecoms - How MVNO's Can Stand Out in a Crowded Market
- Home Business - How Businesses Can Save Hundreds of Dollars a Year on Their Cell Phone Bills
- Small Biz Daily - How to Save Up to $600 a Year on Your Cell Phone Plans
- The Startup Growth - Pop Quiz with Rob Webber, CEO & Founder of MoneySavingPro.com
- BuzzFeed - 85 Tips To Help You Stop Loathing Your Email Inbox
- Forbes - Used Smartphone Industry on the Rise
- Authority Magazine - Tips to Master Your Email and Have a Stress-Free Inbox
- Thrive Global - 400 Tips to Master Your Email
- The Huffington Post - 3 Unconventional Ways to Research Financial Products
- Forbes - What Are All Those Hidden Fees on Your Cell Phone Bill?
- Money.com - 30 Ways to Save $1,000 This Year
- Forbes - Do You Really Need to Pay for Unlimited Data?
MoneySavingPro.com is the culmination of 15 years of online and a decade of providing consumers with the tools they need to compare prices on telecom services.
Rob's professional journey began back in the UK with his comparison site Broadband-Expert.co.uk. The site generated millions of dollars in revenue before being acquired in 2013.
Growing as a business owner
In 2011, Rob moved his business over to the U.S. BroadbandExpert.com continued to generated millions in revenue before being acquired in 2015. With his growing success, Rob decided it was time for a new direction.
A New Start
In 2016, Rob launched MoneySavingPro.com. With American consumers being burdened by significantly higher cell phone bills than their peers , the webiste was launched to guide consumers through the world of MVNOs - Mobile Virtual Network Operators.
Rob realized people could save hundreds of dollars on their cell phone bills - and they don't even know it!
The past two years he dedicated his professional efforts building technology to help consumers save money. He offers 3 pointers for consumers to save:
Comparison of low-cost cell phone plans from multiple carriers.
Comparison of prices on refurbished smartphones from multiple retailers.
Comparison of cash offers for people looking to sell their old phone.
Rob is now on track to become a key player in informing consumers on the best ways to save money on their cell phone plans. His position on the Forbes Finance Council further cements his authority in the consumer finance sector.
Rob's ultimate goal for himself and his website is to help consumers make informed buying decisions by providing them with the necessary information.
The core principle of saving money wherever possible drives Rob's ambition to create technology that gives consumers the options they need and want.