Rob Webber - CEO & Founder
Rob Webber is dedicated to helping consumers reduce their cell phone bills. He is the CEO and founder of MoneySavingPro.com.
His goal? To use his knowledge of the UK telecoms market and implement the proven comparison model in the US, where comparison sites are significantly less developed than in the UK.
He has 15 years experience in online marketing and has founded and operated multiple successful telecom comparison sites in both the US and the UK over the past 10 years.
In 2007, Rob formed UK comparison site Broadband-Expert.co.uk, with a personal investment of just $20,000. The site generated millions of dollars in revenue before being acquired in 2013.
In 2009, following the success in UK, Rob spotted an opportunity in the US and formed BroadbandExpert.com, a US comparison site for internet and TV services.
In 2011, Rob moved to the US to gain a better understanding of the US market and had to adapt to overcome numerous obstacles in order to make the US site a success. The site flourished as it achieved and continued on to generate millions of dollars in revenue before being acquired in 2015.
With a degree in business management, and multiple successful businesses on his resume Rob took to the US market and launched MoneySavingPro.com in 2016.
MoneySavingPro.com is a comparison site focused on helping consumers reduce their cell phone bills. They do this in 3 ways:
- Comparison of low-cost cell phone plans from multiple carriers – switching typically saves over 50%.
- Compare prices of refurbished smartphones from multiple retailers - used iPhones are typically over 50% off MSRP.
- Get multiple offers instantly for your old smartphone – selling online will typically twice as much cash as trading in at a carrier retail store.
As a Brit who has lived in the US for over seven years now, Rob has a unique perspective on the differences between both markets and is a regular Forbes contributor.
His mission is to build technology that genuinely helps consumers save money by allowing quick and easy comparison of plans from multiple providers.
These free tools include:
- Cell phone plan comparison
- Refurbished phone price comparison
- Compare trade-in offers for your old phone
- Smartphone spec comparison
- Cell phone plan savings calculator
- Data usage calculator
The ultimate goal of the site and Rob himself is to help consumers make informed buying decisions by providing them with all the information they need in one place to make those decisions.
Trusted media outlets such as the Forbes, Entrepreneur, Telecoms, Home Business and MSN Money, have recognized MoneySavingPro as an objective consumer resource to help people make better financial decisions.
MoneySavingPro.com is fostering a growing community of informed, savvy shoppers and provides an abundance of valuable money saving advice. We'd love to hear your thoughts and money saving tips on our Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin pages.
Name: Rob Webber
Phone: (512) 399-1978
Linkedin: Rob Webber
MoneySavingPro Media Mentions
- Chicago Tribune: Tips to Keep Your Phone Running Longer
- Forbes: Why The Confusion Of The Cell Phone Market Has Caused Millions To Switch
- US News: Credit Cards that offer Cell Phone Protection
- VentureBeat: FreedomPop's low-cost Unreal Mobile now delivers service via AT&T
- Inc: 27 Daily Habits of Highly Successful People
- American Express: 11 Business Owners Share Their Secret to a Good Night's Rest
- Telecoms: How MVNO's Can Stand Out in a Crowded Market
- Home Business: How Businesses Can Save Hundreds of Dollars a Year on Their Cell Phone Bills
- Small Biz Daily: How to Save Up to $600 a Year on Your Cell Phone Plans
- BuzzFeed: 85 Tips To Help You Stop Loathing Your Email Inbox
- Forbes: Used Smartphone Industry on the Rise
- Authority Magazine: Tips to Master Your Email and Have a Stress-Free Inbox
- Entrepreneur: 4 Ways to Finance Your Business
- Thrive Global: 400 Tips to Master Your Email
- The Huffington Post: 3 Unconventional Ways to Research Financial Products
- Forbes: What Are All Those Hidden Fees on Your Cell Phone Bill?
- Money.com: 30 Ways to Save $1,000 This Year
- Forbes: Do You Really Need to Pay for Unlimited Data?
- MSN Money: 30 Ways to Save $1,000 This Year