Say hello to our team of pros
We're a crew of cell phone geeks, money saving obsessives, awkward question askers, jargon busters, and problem solvers.
Our job? To investigate every corner of the cell phone world and scout out the best deals for you.
Let's get properly introduced.
Rob Webber, Founder & CEO
As a Brit, Rob couldn't get over how much people in the US pay for their cell phones. With a decade of experience building comparison sites, 20 years in online marketing, and a passion for consumer fairness, he set up MoneySavingPro in 2015. He's been captain ever since.
Rob's quickfire quiz:
- Top money saving hack: Think outside the box. If you've been buying something the same way for many years, there's almost certainly a more efficient way to buy it today.
- Geekiest habit: PC gaming. When I'm not managing MoneySavingPro, I'll probably be found managing my favorite soccer team on Football Manager.
Specialties: All things telecoms, from cell phone plans to industry news, money saving advice for consumers and business owners, online marketing, and price comparison websites
Featured in: Forbes, Buzzfeed, US News, Huffpost, MSN Money, Chicago Tribune, Entrepreneur, and many more
Samuel Cook, Co-Founder & CTO
Sam looks after all things tech at MoneySavingPro. When something's broken, it's usually his fault. With over 10 years of programming experience, he's a master when it comes to the ones and zeros. He keeps the good ship MSP sailing smoothly day to day.
Sam's quickfire quiz:
- First cell phone: The old, old Nokia 5190, aka the Nokia brick. That thing was great!
- Loved/hated it because: Aside from it being indestructible, it was hugely customizable. You could even change the antenna on it so I changed mine to a multi-light antenna so whenever someone called it was like being in a club.
Active on: Stack Overflow, where Sam ranks in the top 3%
Julia Stent, COO
Julia is our strategic mastermind at MoneySavingPro. Previously she headed up all things commercial at one of the UK's biggest comparison sites. Now she's founder Rob's right-hand woman and leads on everything from partner relationships to structuring our team for growth.
Julia's quickfire quiz:
- First cell phone: An ancient Sony Ericsson flip phone - with a velvet zebra-striped cover!
- Top money saving hack: Compare everything, always.
- Geekiest habit: If I can't find a comparison site, I make my own one in a spreadsheet. My last one was to buy a coffee machine!
Anna Brook, Brand Marketing Director
Anna's built brands for startups of all shapes and sizes - from food delivery and parking apps, to real estate and pet food subscription services. At MoneySavingPro, she stays close to our customers and makes sure we're solving their problems, speaking their language, and standing out from the crowd.
Anna's quickfire quiz:
- First cell phone: I don't even remember the model but it was very oversized, had a chunky antenna, and I carried it around in a plastic ziplock bag for safekeeping.
- Top money saving hack: Don't let a tempting introductory offer inadvertently become an expensive monthly subscription. I set reminders for when an offer is about to expire, so I have the chance to review it instead of being caught out.
Lucy Palmer, Content Editor
After a few years' foray into the world of art and circus skills, Lucy switched to journalism. She's created educational news content for 8-to-18 year olds, written pieces for the Guardian, spent time at the BBC, and made snazzy multimedia stuff for Google Earth. At MoneySavingPro she's our go-to for all things content related.
Lucy's quickfire quiz:
- First cell phone: A Nokia 3310.
- Loved/hated it because: I loved making polyphonic ringtones. I lived in a little village an hour away from my High School. Being able to keep in touch with new friends vastly improved my social life!
Geekiest habit: Being a huge Whovian (aka a super fan of the BBC programme, Dr Who.)
Andrew Burton, Product Designer
Andrew is our designer, with 10 years of experience creating apps and websites for every need. He's in charge of making everything we do at MoneySavingPro clear, simple, and delightful to use.
Andrew's quickfire quiz:
- First cell phone:. Nokia 3210 - I still miss playing Snake!
- Geekiest habit: Reading movie plots I never intend to see on Wikipedia. Try it!
Stefan Boettcher, PPC Marketing Manager
Stefan's our data guy. He spends his time crunching numbers and making sure our PPC campaigns are the best in the business. Since falling into PPC back in 2010, he's worked at agencies, startups, corporates and charities across travel, entertainment, marketplaces and more.
Stefan's quickfire quiz:
- First cell phone: A Samsung one with a rubber back in light blue. You could only save 200 contacts, with limited text messages too. I remember I had to delete people to save new numbers. Great times!
- Top money saving hack: When I find myself spontaneously wanting to buy something random, I 'buy it my head' and then put that 'spent' money into a separate account. I check into that special account twice a year and find that I have a few hundred dollars in there that would have been clutter in my home by this point. Then that's my budget for birthdays and Christmas sorted!
Jo Wilkes, Team Support
If you're looking for all round support, Jo's your girl. Working alongside the entire MoneySavingPro team, she runs research and reporting, keeps our busy content calendar ticking over, and is queen of the day to day admin.
- First cell phone: A Nokia 3330
- Loved/hated it because: I loved Snake - it kept me entertained for hours! And I still miss the Kick ringtone!
Katie Barker, Designer
Katie is our junior designer, who's taking the world of UI and UX design by storm. She works alongside Andrew to make sure everything we produce looks perfectly on brand and uniquely MSP.
Katie's quickfire quiz:
- First cell phone: Samsung U600 "ultra series". It was a slidy phone with gold detail and had an interactive background. I loved anything that was remotely 'jazzy'.
- Geekiest habit: Watching Marques Brownlee tech reviews on YouTube.
Michelle McLean, Admin Assistant
A woman with a passion for helping people, Michelle is what you'd call a Jill-of-all-Trades at MoneySavingPro. She began as a content writer back in 2016 and now has expanded into writing for MSP's clients, design, and administrative work.
Michelle's quickfire quiz:
- First cell phone: Some penny phone I got at US Cellular. Don't even remember it. The first cell phone I remember actually having was the LG Rumor in black. The sliding QWERTY keyboard was just so cool!
- Top money-saving hack: If you feel the urge to impulse buy something, wait a week or three. If by then you still want that item, then go for it!