MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
If you're looking to switch to Tello, the good news is that they offer 5G coverage with all of their plans.
However, as 5G coverage isn't available everywhere, it's worth checking the coverage in your area to make sure it's available.
In the fast-moving world of technology, we're always searching for the next exciting development, and the 5G network is leading the way in this transformation
So, below, we discuss Tello prepaid plans and their 5G network to help you decide if this network is right for you.
How to get Tello 5G coverage
Tello is an MVNO that operates on T-Mobile's network, which means as a Tello customer, you would have access to the network with the fastest and best overall 5G experience, according to this RootMetrics report.
If you sign up for a Tello plan, you'll freely enjoy 4G LTE/5G coverage with all phone plans.
It's important to remember that Tello 5G coverage isn't available everywhere, so there are a few things you can do to make the most of the 5G network.
- Check compatibility: You need a compatible 5G phone. Not all devices are 5G compatible, so keep reading to find out how to check if your phone supports 5G.
- Check 5G coverage: Check the Tello coverage map to see if it's available in your area.
Tello 5G compatible devices
Tello's a Mobile Virtual Network Operator that can save you money on your cell phone service. One way is to bring your own phone to Tello, as long as it's unlocked from your current carrier. Plus, it also needs to support 5G if you want to access Tello's 5G network.
But don't worry; if your phone isn't compatible, you can check what Tello phones are available. Although they only offer a small selection, you may need to purchase an unlocked 5G phone from elsewhere.
How to check if my phone supports 5G
If you're unsure if your phone supports 5G, you can check in your phone's settings.
iPhone network settings
Open Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options. It should then show 5G as an option if it's compatible.
Android network settings
Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network > Prefered Network Type. You'll then see 5G as an option if it's compatible.
Tello 5G coverage benefits
I've found a range of benefits to using Tello's 5G coverage, including:
- Faster download and upload speeds: Benefit from accelerated speeds, facilitating swift file transfers, app downloads, and content sharing.
- Optimal performance with minimized delays: Enjoy reduced latency, leading to faster response times and smoother performance while browsing the internet, streaming videos, or online gaming.
- Plenty of bandwidth: Enable more simultaneous connections without sacrificing speed or performance. This ensures a dependable and consistent experience for all network users.
- Unleashing new potentials: The 5G network introduces thrilling possibilities for innovative applications such as augmented reality (AR).
Tello 5G coverage disadvantages
- Coverage limitations: Certain areas may have limited availability of 5G coverage, so it is crucial to verify coverage in your ZIP code by consulting the Tello coverage map.
- Device requirements: To access 5G technology, you'll need a cell phone that's compatible with it. If you own an older device, it may not support 5G technology, so you may need to upgrade to take advantage of the benefits offered by 5G.
In general, it is important to carefully consider the potential drawbacks before making a decision about upgrading.
Tello 5G plans
Tello offers cheap cell phone plans for their customers with all the bells and whistles of the major networks that they've come to expect. So you get the same service as a major carrier but save money when you switch.
With a range of cheap phone plans, you could get connected to their 5G network for as little as $10 a month.
They have plenty of data allowances to choose from, including unlimited data. However, it's worth noting that high-speed data is capped at 25GB on an unlimited plan. So if you hit this limit, your speeds are slowed until the next billing cycle.
The great thing about Tello is they offer a build-your-own plan option, allowing you to create a plan that fits your needs. Whether you want unlimited talk and text, more data for mobile hotspot access, or just a basic Tello cell phone service for emergencies.
This is perfect if you're looking for plans for the whole family, as you can customize a plan for each family member.
Tello 5G coverage FAQs
At MoneySavingPro, I've made it my mission to save you time and money by putting MNVOs like Tello in the spotlight. By doing so, we're taking power out of the hands of the big three and helping to put money back into your pocket.
Tello offers 5G coverage with all of their plans, as long as you have a 5G-compatible phone. However, if not, you can always purchase a new unlocked phone to bring to Tello.