Red Pocket cell phone service review
Latest selection of phones
Account dashboard needs work
No 0% financing options on latest phones
Red Pocket is an MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) that piggybacks off all the major networks - AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile. This means you'll get great coverage you already trust.
Providing prepaid cell phone plans since 2006, this low-cost carrier can help you cut your monthly phone bill by half.
There's a wide selection of prepaid phone plans to choose from, making this a great carrier even for a data-hungry user.
Check out our full Red Pocket review below. We've answered your questions on pricing, coverage, and everything else you need to know about this MVNO.
Red Pocket Mobile plans
Red Pocket family plans
|Plan||1 line||2 lines||3 lines||4 lines|
|Red Pocket 500MB||$10||$20$10/line||$30$10/line||$40$10/line|
|Red Pocket 3GB - 12 Mths||$15||$30$15/line||$45$15/line||$60$15/line|
|Red Pocket 3GB||$20||$40$20/line||$60$20/line||$80$20/line|
|Red Pocket 10GB - 12 Mths||$22.50||$45$22.50/line||$67.50$22.50/line||$90$22.50/line|
|Red Pocket 25GB - 12 Mths||$30||$60$30/line||$90$30/line||$120$30/line|
Red Pocket benefits
If you fancy a premium wireless service that's inexpensive, Red Pocket Mobile plans can offer just that.
MVNOs offer the best cell phone plans with a range of affordable options for any budget. Typically, plans can start from around $10 a month, depending on what you need from your cell phone plan.
We've listed a range of Red Pocket Mobile's features and benefits to help you decide if Red Pocket is the best service for you.
- Quality coverage: Powered by the three main networks, you can expect the same nationwide coverage. You can check which network has the best coverage in your area with the Red Pocket Mobile coverage map before you decide on AT&T, Verizon, or T-Mobile.
- Value for money: Red Pocket Mobile SIM cards offer value and simplicity with their plans. Although you'll find the same features and coverage as a plan direct from Verizon, AT&T, or T-Mobile, Red Pocket Mobile could save you up to $600 a year.
- No contracts: As a prepaid carrier, you won't have to sign an annual contract. So if you're not happy with your plan there are no additional fees to amend or cancel.
- Phone and plan bundles: If you're interested in upgrading your cell phone, you can find great deals with the best Red Pocket phones to choose from. Just like a phone and plan bundle from one of the major networks, but with affordable options.
- Bring your own phone: If you don't want to upgrade your phone you can easily bring your own, with Red Pocket bring your own phone plans. You'll just need to check your cell phone is fully compatible.
- Easy set up: Being online-based, it's quick to choose and purchase your Red Pocket Mobile SIM starter kit. Once your new SIM card has arrived, it's easy to set up and you'll be up and running with a few simple steps.
- Unlimited talk & text: Most MVNOs provide unlimited talk and text with their plans.
- 4G LTE coverage: Operating on the three major networks, you'll receive their 4G LTE data speeds.
- 5G high-speed data: If you have a 5G compatible device you can get access to the fast 5G network (where it's available) at no extra cost with Red Pocket Mobile 5G plans.
- Unlimited plans: Depending on how much data you want, Red Pocket Mobile unlimited plans offer unlimited everything at half the price of an unlimited plan direct from one of the main networks.
- Multiple lines: Most prepaid carriers offer a discount for additional lines purchased, making Red Pocket Mobile family plans a great money-saving option when buying more than one line.
- Personal hotspot: A data plan like Red Pocket Mobile hotspot plans are great when you're traveling or away from home. You can use your mobile hotspot data to tether to your laptop so you can continue working without WiFi.
- Customer service: Find out what current Red Pocket Mobile customers are saying with Red Pocket customer reviews.
- Data only: If you're looking for data plans you'll find a range of Red Pocket Mobile internet plans suitable for use with tablets and other mobile devices.
- Promo codes: You can compare Red Pocket deals and promo codes to see what savings are currently available, however, these deals change regularly.
How much is Red Pocket Mobile?
|Red Pocket 500MB||500MB||$10|
|Red Pocket 3GB - 12 Mths||3GB||$15** $180 for 12 Months Service|
|Red Pocket 3GB||3GB||$20|
|Red Pocket 10GB - 12 Mths||10GB||$22.50** $270 for 12 Months Service|
|Red Pocket 25GB - 12 Mths||25GB||$30** $360 for 12 Months Service|
|Red Pocket 10GB||10GB||$30|
|Red Pocket 50GB - 12 Mths||50GB||$37.50** $450 for 12 Months Service|
|Red Pocket 25GB||25GB||$40|
|Red Pocket 50GB||50GB||$50|
Red Pocket Mobile coverage
What network does Red Pocket use?
Does Red Pocket have good coverage?
Red Pocket features
- Bring your own phone - Don't want to spend money on a new phone? You can bring your own phone to Red Pocket and keep your existing number.
- Mobile hotspot & tethering - Mobile hotspot and tethering are available with Red Pocket plans. Helping you stay connected to the internet when you're away from home.
- Wi-Fi calling - Wi-Fi calling and texting are supported. If you're struggling for a signal, you can connect to a Wi-Fi connection to allow you to make calls and receive texts.
- International calling & roaming - Free international calls to 80+ countries are included in all their plans. For roaming, global Internet is available at an extra cost.
Red Pocket Mobile customer service
The table below shows Red Pocket user ratings are significantly higher than all of the major carriers.
Read what real customers are saying about this carrier in our Red Pocket user reviews.
Customer support is available in English, Chinese, Filipino, and Spanish via chat or phone.
Customer service phone number: (888) 993-3888
Red Pocket Mobile data speed
Red Pocket offers 4G LTE high-speed data. Operating on all major networks you'll get nationwide 4G LTE coverage. The 4G LTE network is 10x faster than 3G, bringing broadband speeds to your phone.
Red Pocket Mobile hotspot plans
|Red Pocket 1GB Data Only||1GB||$10|
|Red Pocket 5GB Data Only||5GB||$25|
|Red Pocket 20GB Data Only||20GB||$40|
Red Pocket competitors
AT&T vs Red Pocket comparison
Keep your AT&T phone, number & coverage: Save $540 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G/5G Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T||AT&T 4G & 5G||Unltd*||$75/mo||$900/yr|
|Red Pocket||AT&T 4G & 5G||10GB||$30/mo||$360/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$45/mo||$540/yr|
- AT&T vs Red Pocket
- Mint Mobile vs Red Pocket
- Red Pocket vs Cricket Wireless
- T-Mobile vs Red Pocket
- Verizon vs Red Pocket
Red Pocket Mobile phones
What phones are compatible with Red Pocket?
|Phone||Carrier||Network||Monthly Price||Total Cost||Samsung Galaxy S10e 128GB||Red Pocket||AT&T 5G/4G LTE||$18/mo for 24 mths||$429||Apple iPhone SE 64GB||Red Pocket||AT&T 5G/4G LTE||$18/mo for 24 mths||$429||Apple iPhone 11 64GB||Red Pocket||AT&T 5G/4G LTE||$21/mo for 24 mths||$499||Samsung Galaxy S20 128GB||Red Pocket||AT&T 5G/4G LTE||$22/mo for 24 mths||$529||Samsung Galaxy S10 128GB||Red Pocket||AT&T 5G/4G LTE||$22/mo for 24 mths||$529||Samsung Galaxy S10+ 128GB||Red Pocket||AT&T 5G/4G LTE||$26/mo for 24 mths||$629||Apple iPhone 13 mini||Red Pocket||AT&T 5G/4G LTE||$30/mo for 24 mths||$729||Apple iPhone 12||Red Pocket||AT&T 5G/4G LTE||$30/mo for 24 mths||$729||Samsung Galaxy S20+ 128GB||Red Pocket||AT&T 5G/4G LTE||$31/mo for 24 mths||$750||Apple iPhone 13||Red Pocket||AT&T 5G/4G LTE||$35/mo for 24 mths||$829||Apple iPhone 12 Pro||Red Pocket||AT&T 5G/4G LTE||$37/mo for 24 mths||$899||Apple iPhone 13 Pro||Red Pocket||AT&T 5G/4G LTE||$42/mo for 24 mths||$999||Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max||Red Pocket||AT&T 5G/4G LTE||$42/mo for 24 mths||$999||Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max||Red Pocket||AT&T 5G/4G LTE||$46/mo for 24 mths||$1,099|
Bring your own phone to Red Pocket
Red Pocket will simply provide you with a prepaid SIM card. You pop it into your cell phone and follow the provider's instructions. You need an unlocked phone (meaning your carrier has released it for use on another network). You can check that your phone is compatible with Red Pocket before you sign up and the rest is a breeze.
Just make sure you don't cancel your current phone plan until you've ported your phone number over to the new carrier.
Bringing your own phone to a cheaper carrier is easy:
- Order the Red Pocket SIM card starter kit online.
- Replace the SIM card in your phone and follow the activation process.
- If you wish to transfer your phone number, the process may take up to 24 hours.
- Enjoy the same phone service at a fraction of the cost of the big networks.
Verdict - Is Red Pocket good?
Red Pocket offers a range of cheap cell phone plans. Operating on all of the major networks you'll get nationwide 4G LTE coverage whilst saving up to $600 a year on your bill.
Bringing your own phone is a great way to save more money. With hassle-free switching, you can also keep your current phone number.
You'll find a low-cost plan whether you're looking for no data or unlimited data and the best news is, there's no contract. If your needs change, so can your plan.
Red Pocket Mobile FAQs
Does Red Pocket have good coverage?
Red Pocket is powered by all 3 major networks, so they offer national 4G LTE & 5G coverage. And with cheap plans, you'll be certain to save money on your phone bill.
What is Red Pocket?
Red Pocket is a low-cost carrier. They provide a range of cheap cell phone plans starting at $10 per month.
Is my phone compatible with Red Pocket?
You get the choice of any major network, which means most GSM and CDMA phones are compatible. You'll be able to check phone compatibility on their site before signing up.
Where can I buy a Red Pocket SIM card?
You can order a Red Pocket SIM card kit from their website. They ship their SIM cards free of charge and arrive within 2-5 business days.
MoneySavingPro is here to bring transparency to telecoms, putting power back in your hands. This guides everything we do.
- We've got high standards. We use our industry expertise to find carriers that reach these standards. We all deserve the best value for money, choice, and customer experience.
- We care about accuracy. MoneySavingPro is run by cell phone geeks and money-saving obsessives. Our content team researches everything thoroughly so that information you read here will give you the whole picture. Everything we do is backed up by the data.
- We keep things simple. It's our job to break down what you need to know, so you can make informed choices.