Red Pocket vs Consumer Cellular: Which carrier is best?
We compared Red Pocket & Consumer Cellular plans, coverage & customer ratings: Which cell phone service is best for you?
MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Looking to switch carrier but not sure if Red Pocket or Consumer Cellular is better?
Within this guide, you'll be able to compare Red Pocket and Consumer Cellular coverage, features, plans and prices side-by-side, so you can decide for yourself which carrier offers the best deal.
Red Pocket vs Consumer Cellular: Coverage & Plan Comparison 2023
Red Pocket vs Consumer Cellular plans
Red Pocket 1GB
- AT&T & Verizon 5G & 4G LTE networks Red Pocket operates on the AT&T & Verizon 5G & 4G LTE networks. This allows you to receive the same wireless coverage but at a fraction of the cost.
- Unlimited talk and text
- 1GB data
- $785 in annual savings Savings are calculated comparing the cost of the Red Pocket 1GB vs an unlimited data plan from T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon over the first 12 months.
Red Pocket Mobile phone plans are powered by the Verizon and AT&T wireless networks. And if you're looking for multi-line discounts, they're one of the best MVNOs for family plans, with a $20 discount for each additional line added.
You also get free international calls to 80 countries, so you can stay connected with loved ones abroad.
- Verizon, and AT&T 5G & 4G LTE network coverage
- Free international calls to 80 countries
- Roaming available in Mexico and Canada
- Mobile hotspot access on all plans
- Excellent score on Trustpilot
- eSIM compatible
- Limited international roaming
- With Red Pocket Mobile, not only are their plans straightforward with no hidden fees, but they also offer features like unlimited talk and text.
- Get up to 30GB high-speed data allowance with the unlimited plan.
- Mobile hotspot access is available up to 30GB on the unlimited plan, which comes out of your monthly data allowance.
- Being able to save on the whole family's bill is a benefit. You get a $20 discount for each additional line added. You'll need to pay a setup fee, but after that, choosing a family plan could save you hundreds of dollars a year.
- They offer a 7-day money-back guarantee with their eSIM plans.
- Red Pocket Mobile offers free international calling to 80+ countries, with free roaming in Mexico and Canada.
Consumer Cellular 1GB
- T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE networks Consumer Cellular operates on the T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE networks. This allows you to receive the same wireless coverage but at a fraction of the cost.
- Unlimited talk and text
- 1GB data
- $660 in annual savings Savings are calculated comparing the cost of the Consumer Cellular 1GB vs an unlimited data plan from T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon over the first 12 months.
- Simple, solid plan options
- AARP discount
- Competitive pricing for light to medium users
- Device payment plan
- US-based customer service
- Small plan selection
- Expensive unlimited data plan
Red Pocket vs Consumer Cellular comparison
Red Pocket plans start at $5* and Consumer Cellular plans start as low $20. With no contract, you can get some of the cheapest cell phone plans when shopping for a deal with MVNO's like Red Pocket and Consumer Cellular.
|Red Pocket 1GB plan||AT&T & Verizon 5G/4G Coverage||1GB||$5/mo $10/mo|
|Red Pocket 5GB plan||AT&T & Verizon 5G/4G Coverage||5GB||$10/mo $20/mo|
|Red Pocket 20GB plan||AT&T & Verizon 5G/4G Coverage||20GB||$15/mo $30/mo|
|Red Pocket unlimited data plan||AT&T 5G/4G Coverage||Unltd||$20/mo $40/mo|
|Consumer Cellular 1GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||1GB||$20/mo|
|Consumer Cellular 5GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||5GB||$25/mo|
|Consumer Cellular 10GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||10GB||$35/mo|
|Consumer Cellular unlimited data plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||Unltd||$50/mo|
Red Pocket vs Consumer Cellular coverage
Red Pocket is powered by AT&T and Consumer Cellular is powered by T-Mobile. Coverage can vary depending on your location. You can check their availability in your area by using our coverage checker.
Red Pocket coverage
Red Pocket is powered by AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon 5G & 4G LTE wireless networks.
Consumer Cellular coverage
Consumer Cellular is powered by T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE wireless networks.
Find the cheapest cell phone service in your area
Enter your ZIP code below to find the best cell phone service in your area.
Red Pocket vs Consumer Cellular plan features
|Carrier Features||Red Pocket||Consumer Cellular|
|Networks||AT&T, T-Mobile & Verizon||T-Mobile|
|Data Speed||5G & 4G LTE||5G & 4G LTE|
|3G Network||CDMA & GSM||GSM|
|Bring Your Phone|
|Keep Your Number|
|Contract||No - prepaid||No - prepaid|
|Money Back Guarantee||Yes - 14 days|
|International Calls||Yes - Includes 70 countries|
Red Pocket vs Consumer Cellular customer service
Red Pocket customer service
Contact Red Pocket customer care
Call (888) 993-3888
Tag @RedPocketMobile on Twitter
Consumer Cellular customer service
Contact Consumer Cellular customer care
Call (888) 345-5509
Tag @consumer_cell on Twitter
Red Pocket vs Consumer Cellular FAQs
Red Pocket comparison guides
- Boost Mobile vs Red Pocket
- Lycamobile vs Red Pocket
- Mint Mobile vs Red Pocket
- Red Pocket vs Boost Infinite
- Red Pocket vs Cricket Wireless
- Red Pocket vs Kroger Wireless
- Red Pocket vs Metro by T-Mobile
- Red Pocket vs Mint Mobile
- Red Pocket vs Optimum Mobile
- Red Pocket vs PureTalk
- Red Pocket vs Reach Mobile
- Red Pocket vs Spectrum Mobile
- Red Pocket vs Straight Talk
- Red Pocket vs Tello
- Red Pocket vs Total by Verizon