Consumer Cellular coverage map: How does it compare?
Does Consumer Cellular have good network coverage?
MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Consumer Cellular is powered by the T-Mobile 5G and 4G LTE networks, offering the same coverage without the expensive price tag.
With an MVNO - Mobile Virtual Network Operator, you could save up to $600 a year on your cell phone bill, without sacrificing the features you love.
Below you'll find further information to help decide if Consumer Cellular has the right coverage for you.
What network does Consumer Cellular use?
Consumer Cellular 4G LTE coverage
Consumer Cellular operates on the T-Mobile network, so you'll have access to the same 5G and 4G LTE coverage, as buying direct from T-Mobile.
Even if you've had a plan with T-Mobile before it's always worth checking cell phone coverage in your area, which you can easily do with our ZIP code checker for availability at your address.
Compare Consumer Cellular network coverage
Does Consumer Cellular have 5G?
Yes, Consumer Cellular 5G coverage is available with a 5G compatible device.
Consumer Cellular 5G coverage map
The FCC collects coverage data, which only offers an approximate indication and doesn't account for indoor coverage. The actual speed and performance can vary depending on your location and device. The reception you experience is influenced by local conditions and elements like natural and artificial physical features in your area.
Consumer Cellular cell phone plans
|Consumer Cellular 1GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||1GB||$20/mo|
|Consumer Cellular 5GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||5GB||$25/mo|
|Consumer Cellular 10GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||10GB||$35/mo|
|Consumer Cellular unlimited data plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||Unltd||$50/mo|
T-Mobile vs Consumer Cellular comparison
Keep your T-Mobile phone, number & coverage: Save $300 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G/5G Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|T-Mobile||T-Mobile 4G & 5G||Unlimited||$75/mo||$900/yr|
|Consumer Cellular||T-Mobile 4G & 5G||Unlimited||$50/mo||$600/yr|
Consumer Cellular benefits
As an MVNO, Consumer Cellular can offer many benefits compared to plans with the three major networks;
- Lower prices: without hundreds of physical stores and sales staff they can pass on the low-costs to you. With possible savings of up to $600 a year.
- Flexible plans: you won't feel stuck paying for features you don't need, you can customize your plan to suit you.
- Keep your phone and number: pocket the savings from not upgrading to the latest handset and bring your own phone. You can also easily port your number across.
- Easy to switch: if you're keeping your own phone the switch over is simple and you'll be all set within a few days.
- No commitment: there's no contracts, so you pay as you go. If you're not happy or you need to amend your plan you can do this at any time.
Consumer Cellular features
|Data Speed||5G & 4G LTE|
|Bring Your Phone|
|Keep Your Number|
|Contract||No - prepaid|
Consumer Cellular coverage FAQs
Consumer Cellular makes it possible to get a cell phone plan on the T-Mobile network without the big ticket prices.
Offering the same nationwide coverage with 4G LTE and the 5G network, where it's available.
With MVNOs you'll get flexible plans with no contracts, so you're free to amend or cancel without any additional fees.
If you're not sure Consumer Cellular plans are right for you, there's a large selection of MVNOs across all networks you can compare to find your perfect low-cost plan.
Consumer Cellular guides
- Consumer Cellular Cell Phone Plans Review
- Consumer Cellular Prepaid Plans
- Consumer Cellular Coverage Map
- Consumer Cellular Reviews
- Consumer Cellular SIM Cards
- Does Consumer Cellular Support eSIM?
- How to Switch to Consumer Cellular
- What Network does Consumer Cellular Use?
- Where to Buy a Consumer Cellular SIM Card