MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Consumer Cellular operates as a Mobile Virtual Network Operator - or MVNO - on the AT&T and T-Mobile networks.
Consumer Cellular customers save money on the same extensive 4G LTE and 5G networks enjoyed by AT&T and T-Mobile customers. In fact, you can pocket hundreds of dollars per year if you switch to a Consumer Cellular plan.
Keep reading for answers to all your questions about Consumer Cellular coverage, plus the pros and cons of this low-cost carrier.
Consumer Cellular wireless network in 2023
Consumer Cellular 5G & 4G LTE network coverage
Low-cost providers like Consumer Cellular don't own their own networks. Instead, MVNOs operate on the major networks to offer affordable plans with comparable coverage and quality.
In Consumer Cellular's case, those networks are AT&T and T-Mobile. That means you get dependable coverage and a premium mobile experience.
You can use our Consumer Cellular coverage map to check coverage in your area.
Consumer Cellular coverage pros and cons
Before making the switch, it's essential to consider the pros and cons of Consumer Cellular's wireless service. Let's take a closer look at the benefits and considerations:
Benefits of Consumer Cellular coverage
- Excellent customer service: Consumer Cellular customer service ranks number one among MVNOs, according to JD Power.
- AARP discount: As a carrier that has positioned itself as ideal for mature customers, Consumer Cellular offers competitive pricing plus an additional discount for AARP members.
Disadvantages of Consumer Cellular coverage
- Limited plan selection: There are limited plan options, and the Consumer Cellular unlimited data plan isn't the best value among low-cost wireless providers.
- No prepaid plans: Most low-cost providers these days offer the convenience of prepaid cell phone plans. Consumer Cellular only offers postpaid plans.
Does Consumer Cellular have fast data speeds?
Consumer Cellular delivers high-speed data on 4G LTE and 5G networks wherever available.
Like with most carriers, though, there can be temporary slowdowns when network congestion occurs.
Consumer Cellular network FAQs
Consumer Cellular plans leverage the strength of AT&T's and T-Mobile's networks to provide reliable wireless service and affordable plans.
Their plans cater to all your needs, offering an unlimited data option, international calling, plus award-winning customer service. Plus, all four of their main plans come with unlimited talk and text.
If you're interested in finding out more about Consumer Cellular, you can check out our comprehensive Consumer Cellular review.
Consumer Cellular guides
- Consumer Cellular Cell Phone Plans Review
- Consumer Cellular Prepaid Plans
- Consumer Cellular Reviews
- Consumer Cellular SIM Cards
- Does Consumer Cellular Support eSIM?
- How to Switch to Consumer Cellular
- What is Consumer Cellular? Is it Worth it?
- What Network does Consumer Cellular Use?
- Where to Buy a Consumer Cellular SIM Card