MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
From my own recent experience with eSIM-free trials and with over ten years of uncovering ways for consumers to save money on their cell phone bills, I'm here to walk you through how to get a free iPhone eSIM trial.
If you're tired of the never-ending cycle of expensive cell phone bills for your iPhone, combining an eSIM plan and a low-cost carrier could be the solution you're looking for.
Get ready to discover how to cut costs, maximize your savings, and enjoy the freedom of flexible plans.
Free iPhone eSIM service
Which carriers offer an eSIM free trial for iPhones?
Free trial plans are a great way to test out a new carrier without committing to anything. Some free trials include unlimited talk, text, and data, but these types of deals are constantly changing.
Many MNVOs offer free eSIM trials. These low-cost carriers are powered by the three major networks, so you can save money without losing quality. You'll find free trials with the following carriers:
- Mint Mobile operates on the T-Mobile network and normally offers a 7-day free trial with 250 minutes, 250 texts, and 250 MB of data.
- US Mobile is powered by Verizon and T-Mobile and offers a free trial for 100 days when you transfer your existing number. It includes unlimited calls and texts and 50GB of data.
The great thing about low-cost carriers is that there are no long-term commitments, and you can cancel and switch at any time. So, even without a free trial, you could try eSIM plans from any of these carriers without canceling your current plan to make sure it fits your needs.
What to know before choosing a free eSIM trial for your iPhone
- iPhone compatibility: Check if your iPhone model supports eSIM functionality. Most newer iPhone models do.
- Unlocked iPhone: Make sure your iPhone is unlocked before shopping around.
- Carrier support: Ensure that your preferred carrier offers eSIM plans for iPhones. It's essential to have options that match your needs and preferences.
- Data and usage: Evaluate your data usage habits. Are you a heavy streamer or a casual internet user? This will help you check if the carrier you're interested in offers a suitable data cap if you decide to make the switch to them.
Do I have to end my current service during a free trial?
If you want to keep your current carrier and phone numbers during the free trial plan, you can use the dual SIM functionality on your iPhone.
However, the US Mobile trial, where you're required to transfer your existing number, may cancel your current contract, but most carriers will give you a temporary phone number before switching.
If the plan is the right fit, you can port your current number or keep the new number. But make sure to pay close attention to any free trial restrictions; each carrier is different.
Prepaid eSIM vs. Postpaid eSIM iPhone plans
- Prepaid eSIM plans: If you love control over your spending and no credit check, prepaid eSIM plans are your go-to. They allow you to pay in advance for a set amount of data and usage. No surprises on your bill, just a clear understanding of what you're paying for.
- Postpaid eSIM plans: These plans work more like traditional cell phone plans. You use the service, and you're billed for what you've used at the end of the month. This might be your choice if you prefer the convenience of regular monthly bills.
How much do eSIM iPhone plans cost?
If you love the trial and want to make the switch, you may be wondering how much an iPhone eSIM plan will set you back. eSIM plans come in various price ranges to cater to all budgets.
Prepaid plans with MVNOs can start as low as $10 per month, while a postpaid plan with low-cost carrier Boost Infinite costs $25 per month.
How to find the best eSIM iPhone plan?
- Research iPhone eSIM plans: Check out the low-cost carriers that offer iPhone eSIM plans. Dive into the details of eSIM plans specifically designed for iPhones.
- Use comparison tools: Compare iPhone eSIM plans and look for features that matter most to you, such as data allowances, international roaming, and customer support.
- Free trial periods: Take advantage of free trials for eSIM plans. Use this opportunity to test the service on your iPhone, ensuring that it fits your coverage needs and performance expectations.
Free trial eSIM iPhone plans FAQs
There's a range of MVNOs that offer eSIM trials for iPhones. The two main low-cost carriers currently offering trials are Mint Mobile and US Mobile.
An eSIM offers a great way to try a new carrier and plan on your iPhone, even without the free trial. With MVNOs, there are no long-term commitments, so you can test them out without canceling your current plan.
With the convenience of eSIMs and the flexibility of low-cost carriers, there's the potential for significant cost savings. Trying out a new eSIM plan could be the smartest move you can make for your iPhone and your wallet.
iPhone eSIM FAQs
- How to Activate an eSIM on an iPhone
- What is an iPhone eSIM? How does it work?
- How to Get a Free iPhone eSIM Trial
- How to setup an eSIM on an iPhone
- How to Transfer eSIM to a New iPhone
- How to Buy eSIM on iPhone
- Which iPad Models are eSIM compatible?
- Which iPhones Support Dual SIM?
- How Many eSIMs does an iPhone 14 have?