MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Your Boost Mobile eSIM plan gives you access to your new cell phone plan within minutes.
With an eSIM, it's easy to switch from carrier to carrier, and operating on the T-Mobile and AT&T networks allows Boost Mobile customers to save money without sacrificing coverage.
Find out the steps you need to follow to activate your Boost Mobile eSIM plan.
Boost Mobile eSIM Activation
Boost Mobile eSIM-compatible phones
To be able to sign up for a Boost Mobile eSIM plan, the first thing you need to check is that your phone supports eSIM.
With Boost Mobile, you'll need an Apple iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, or later.
If you don't have an eSIM-compatible phone, you can choose from a range of Boost Mobile phones that offer affordable payment plans.
Before activating your Boost Mobile eSIM
Before you start the activation process, you'll need to check a few things:
- Your iPhone's software is up to date and is at least on iOS 15.2
- The phone's unlocked from its existing carrier
- If you're transferring your phone number, you'll need your account number and a transfer PIN from your previous carrier.
Boost Mobile eSIM activation
If you're a Boost Mobile customer and want to switch to an eSIM plan, contact the customer service team at 833-50-BOOST (833-502-6678).
If you're a new customer, you'll need to follow these steps:
- Set up your Boost Mobile account online and sign in.
- Remove any physical SIM cards from the phone.
- Click Activate and enter your phone's IMEI number. You can find this by dialing *#06# on your phone.
- Make sure your phone is connected to Wi-Fi and follow the steps. (They recommend making sure there are no other Apple devices connected to the Wi-Fi during setup).
- You'll then need to enter your phone's IMEI2 number (again, you can find this by dialing *#06#).
- Your plan could be live within 30 minutes if you get a new phone number. If you're porting your existing number across, it can take up to 24 hours.
Setting up your Boost Mobile eSIM profile
- Once your eSIM plan is activated, you can set up your eSIM profile.
- Open the push notification and click continue.
- Turn off Wi-FI to check your cellular connection.
Boost Mobile eSIM activation issues
The eSIM activation process should be relatively straightforward, but there can be some issues, as with anything. Here are some of the most common activation issues:
- Phone compatibility: It's essential to check your phone's unlocked from its current carrier so that it's compatible with the AT&T and T-Mobile networks. And also that it supports eSIM. In Boost Mobile's case, it needs to be an Apple iPhone XS or later.
- Up-to-date software: Make sure your phone runs the latest software-at least iOS 15.2.
Boost Mobile eSIM activation FAQs
It's quick and easy to activate your Boost Mobile eSIM plan.
Once you set up your Boost Mobile account online, follow a few instructions, and your plan can be live in as little as 30 minutes.
To qualify for a Boost Mobile eSIM, you do need to have an Apple iPhone XS or newer, and you need to make sure it's unlocked from its existing carrier so it's compatible.
Boost Mobile FAQs
- Boost Mobile APN Settings
- Boost Mobile Customer Service FAQs
- How to Activate Boost Mobile SIM Card
- How to Sign Up for Boost Mobile
- How to Switch to Boost Mobile
- What is Boost Mobile? Is it Worth it?
- What Network does Boost Mobile use?
- Where to Buy a Boost Mobile SIM card
- How to Get a Free Boost Mobile SIM Card
- Does Boost Mobile have a Free Trial?
- Does Boost Mobile have a Promo Code?
- Does Boost Mobile have Unlimited Data?