Boost Mobile cell phone service review
New customers & Online only
No annual contract
Free SIM Kit ($9.99 value)
Free Shipping ($4.99 value)
Works w/ most Unlocked GSM Phones
Coverage in rural areas
Boost Mobile is one of the more well-known MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operators). Previously owned by Sprint, they were sold to DISH when Sprint merged with T-Mobile.
However, T-Mobile has given DISH access to their network for seven years while DISH builds their own 5G network. This low-cost carrier provides plans at a fraction of the cost while providing you the same coverage.
We've broken it down for you below to see if Boost Mobile is the best MVNO for you.
Boost Mobile plans
Boost Mobile family plans
|Plan||1 line||2 lines||3 lines||4 lines|
|Boost Mobile 1GB - 12 Mths||$8.33||$16.66$8.33/line||$24.99$8.33/line||$33.32$8.33/line|
|Boost Mobile 2GB||$15||$30$15/line||$45$15/line||$60$15/line|
|Boost Mobile 15GB||$20||$40$20/line||$60$20/line||$80$20/line|
|Boost Mobile 5GB||$25||$50$25/line||$75$25/line||$100$25/line|
|Boost Mobile Unlimited Data||$50||$100$50/line||$150$50/line||$200$50/line|
Boost Mobile benefits
If you fancy a premium wireless service that's inexpensive, Boost Mobile plans can offer just that.
MVNOs offer the best cell phone plans with a range of affordable options for any budget. Typically, plans start from around $15 a month, depending on what you need from your cell phone plan.
- Quality coverage: Powered by the T-Mobile or AT&T network, you can expect the same nationwide coverage. To see if AT&T or T-Mobile's network is the best coverage in your area check out the Boost Mobile coverage map.
- Value for money: Boost Mobile SIM cards offer value and simplicity. Although you'll find the same features and coverage as a plan direct from T-Mobile or AT&T, Boost Mobile could save you up to $600 a year.
- No contracts: As a prepaid carrier, you won't have to sign a 12 or 24-month contract. So if you're not happy with your plan you can amend or cancel at any time as there are no restrictions keeping you locked in.
- Phone and plan bundles: If you're interested in purchasing a new cell phone, you can find a range of the best Boost Mobile phones to choose from. Offering the same phones as the major networks, Boost Mobile phones offers more affordable payment options.
- Bring your own phone: If you don't want to upgrade your phone you can easily bring your own, with Boost Mobile bring your own phone plans. You'll just need to check your cell phone is fully compatible.
- Easy set up: Being online-based, it's quick to choose and purchase your Boost Mobile SIM starter kit. Once your SIM card's arrived, it's easy to set up and you'll be able to activate your plan with a few simple steps.
- Unlimited talk & text: Most MVNOs provide unlimited talk and text with their plans.
- 4G LTE coverage: Operating on the T-Mobile or AT&T network, you'll receive their 4G LTE data speeds.
- 5G high-speed data: If you have a 5G eligible device you can get access to the fast 5G network (where it's available) at no extra cost with Boost Mobile 5G plans.
- Unlimited data: Depending on how much data you want, Boost Mobile unlimited plans offer unlimited services at half the price of an AT&T or T-Mobile unlimited plan. Including unlimited talk, text, and data.
- Multiple lines: Most prepaid carriers offer a discount for additional lines purchased, making Boost Mobile family plans a great money-saving option when buying more than one line.
- Customer service: Find out what current Boost Mobile customers are saying with Boost Mobile customer reviews.
- Promo codes: You can compare Boost Mobile deals and promo codes to see what savings are currently available, however, these deals change regularly.
How much is Boost Mobile?
|Boost Mobile 1GB - 12 Mths||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||1GB||$8.33** $100 for 1 year service|
|Boost Mobile 2GB||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||2GB||$15|
|Boost Mobile 15GB||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||15GB||$20** $240 for 1 year service|
|Boost Mobile 5GB||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||5GB||$25** $0.99 for 1st Month|
|Boost Mobile Unlimited Data||AT&T & T-Mobile||Unltd||Unltd||Unltd||$50|
Boost Mobile coverage
What network does Boost Mobile use?
Boost Mobile is powered by AT&T and T-Mobile with national 4G LTE coverage & 5G data speeds where available.
Does Boost Mobile have good coverage?
Boost Mobile features
- Mobile hotspot - All plans include a mobile hotspot allowance. Perfect if you require internet for your laptop when you're away from home.
- Visual voicemail - Check your voicemails through your inbox and choose to listen or delete.
Boost Mobile customer service
See what real customers are saying about this carrier with Boost Mobile customer reviews.
There are a number of stores you can visit or you can contact customer support by phone.
Boost Mobile customer service phone number: 1-866-402-7366
Boost Mobile competitors
AT&T vs Boost Mobile comparison
Keep your AT&T phone, number & coverage: Save $720 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G/5G Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|AT&T||AT&T 4G & 5G||Unltd*||$75/mo||$900/yr|
|Boost Mobile||AT&T 4G & 5G||2GB||$15/mo||$180/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$60/mo||$720/yr|
- AT&T vs Boost Mobile
- Boost Mobile vs Cricket Wireless
- Boost Mobile vs Metro by T-Mobile
- Boost Mobile vs Straight Talk
- Boost Mobile vs T-Mobile
- Boost Mobile vs Verizon
- Cricket Wireless vs Boost Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs Boost Mobile
Boost Mobile phones
Looking for a new handset? Boost Mobile phone deals include the Apple iPhones and Samsung Galaxy models. Or if you'd rather bring your own phone you can check your phone is compatible and easily switch over.
Bring your own phone to Boost Mobile
Boost Mobile will simply provide you with a prepaid SIM card. You pop it into your cell phone and follow the provider's instructions. You need an unlocked phone (meaning your carrier has released it for use on another network). You can check that your phone is compatible with Boost Mobile before you sign up and the rest is a breeze.
Just make sure you don't cancel your current phone plan until you've ported your phone number over to the new carrier.
It's super easy to bring your own phone:
1. Order the Boost Mobile SIM card starter kit online.
2. Replace the SIM card in your phone and follow the activation process.
3. If you're transferring your phone number, the process can take up to 24 hours.
4. Enjoy the same phone service at a fraction of the cost of the big networks.
Verdict - Is Boost Mobile good?
Recently being taken over by DISH has given Boost Mobile a newly upgraded network. Providing a nationwide 4G LTE network.
With a range of plans for all budgets, there are no contracts, so if you're not happy you can leave without worrying about early termination fees. The longer you stay the more you save, with a monthly discount for staying over six months.
All plans include unlimited talk and text and a mobile hotspot allowance and if you decide to bring your own phone the switch over is simple and you get to keep your number.
Boost Mobile FAQs
Who is Boost Mobile owned by?
Boost Mobile was acquired by Dish following the Sprint and T-Mobile merger.
How much are 2 lines on Boost Mobile?
Boost Mobile's multi-line plans are considerably cheaper than those from the big networks.
MoneySavingPro is here to bring transparency to telecoms, putting power back in your hands. This guides everything we do.
- We've got high standards. We use our industry expertise to find carriers that reach these standards. We all deserve the best value for money, choice, and customer experience.
- We care about accuracy. MoneySavingPro is run by cell phone geeks and money-saving obsessives. Our content team researches everything thoroughly so that information you read here will give you the whole picture. Everything we do is backed up by the data.
- We keep things simple. It's our job to break down what you need to know, so you can make informed choices.