MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Changing phone carriers used to be confusing and expensive, but when you switch to Boost Mobile you'll find affordable bring your own phone plans that can save you hundreds of dollars on your cell phone bill.
Boost Mobile makes it quick and easy to purchase a SIM card kit online and get your new plan up and running within a few days.
We've summarized the details below to help you find the best BYOP plan with Boost Mobile.
Boost Mobile bring your own phone plans
|Boost Mobile 5GB plan
|AT&T & T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage
|Boost Mobile 2GB plan
|AT&T & T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage
|Boost Mobile unlimited data plan
|AT&T & T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage
What are the benefits of bringing your own phone?
Bringing your own device to a low-cost carrier plan offers a number of benefits;
- Lower prices: with affordable plans, you can save up to $600 a year with an MVNO.
- Keep your number: there's no need to change your number, low-cost carriers make it easy to port it across.
- Flexibility: there are no contracts with these prepaid plans, so if your needs change, you can cancel or amend your plan.
- Easy to switch: it's simple to switch providers, just pick your plan, and your SIM card kit will be sent to you in the post.
- Quality coverage: powered by the same major wireless networks, you'll get the same 5G & 4G LTE network coverage that you're used to.
Boost Mobile has a range of low-cost plans available whether you're looking for unlimited data, family plans, unlimited talk and text, or a basic plan, there's something for everyone.
Boost Mobile phone compatibility
If your current phone is not compatible, you can still find some affordable prepaid phones online with a range of handsets, from basic cell phones to the latest smartphones.
If your phone was purchased with a plan with AT&T, Verizon, or T-Mobile, you'd need to check the phone is unlocked. Phones purchased with the big three are locked to their network, but once the contract ends, as long as the phone has been paid off, they'll unlock the handset for you.
What are the benefits of Boost Mobile?
- Quality coverage: Powered by the T-Mobile or AT&T network, you can expect the same nationwide coverage. To see if AT&T or T-Mobile's network is the best coverage in your area, check out the Boost Mobile coverage map.
- Value for money: Boost Mobile SIM cards offer value and simplicity. Although you'll find the same features and coverage as a plan direct from T-Mobile or AT&T, Boost Mobile could save you up to $600 a year.
- No contracts: As a prepaid carrier, you won't have to sign a 12 or 24-month contract. So if you're not happy with your plan, you can amend or cancel at any time, as there are no restrictions keeping you locked in.
- Phone and plan bundles: If you're interested in purchasing a new cell phone, you can find a range of the best Boost Mobile phones to choose from. Offering the same phones as the major networks, Boost Mobile phones offer more affordable payment options.
- Easy set up: Being online-based, it's quick to choose and purchase your Boost Mobile SIM starter kit. Once your SIM card's arrives, it's easy to set up, and you'll be able to activate your plan with a few simple steps.
- Unlimited talk & text: Most MVNOs provide unlimited talk and text with their plans.
- 4G LTE coverage: Operating on the T-Mobile or AT&T network, you'll receive their 4G LTE data speeds.
- 5G high-speed data: If you have a 5G eligible device, you can access the fast 5G network (where it's available) at no extra cost with Boost Mobile 5G plans.
- Unlimited data: Depending on your data usage, Boost Mobile unlimited plans offer unlimited services at half the price of an AT&T or T-Mobile unlimited plan. Including unlimited talk, text, and data.
- Multiple lines: Most prepaid carriers offer a discount for additional lines purchased, making Boost Mobile family plans a great money-saving option when buying more than one line.
- Promo codes: To see current savings, you can compare Boost Mobile deals and promo codes. However, these deals change regularly.
Boost Mobile coverage
Operating on the AT&T & T-Mobile network you'll receive access to the same 5G & 4G LTE wireless coverage at an affordable price. To make sure it's the right fit, you can use your ZIP code to check the cell phone coverage at your address.
Boost Mobile features
|AT&T & T-Mobile
|5G & 4G LTE
|Bring Your Phone
|Keep Your Number
|Mon-Fri 4am to 8pm / Sat-Sun 4am to 7pm
|Money Back Guarantee
|Yes - Prepaid
How to bring your own phone to Boost Mobile
Switching to Boost Mobile is easy, but you'll want to check a few things first. You'll need to make sure your current phone is unlocked, meaning it's not tied to a specific carrier, and that it's compatible with the Boost Mobile network.
If your current handset is not compatible there are options to purchase a new phone through Boost Mobile that won't leave you out of pocket.
Boost Mobile SIM card activation
It takes a few easy steps to get your phone set up with a Boost Mobile low-cost plan;
- Check your phone's compatibility and unlocked
- Choose and order your Boost Mobile SIM card kit online
- When it arrives, pop your SIM card into your phone and follow the activation instructions
Boost Mobile BYOP FAQs
With affordable plans, no commitment, and only paying for what you need, bringing your own phone to Boost Mobile gives you plenty of bang for your buck and can save you up to $600 per year.
Most unlocked phones made within the last few years should be compatible, but if your phone doesn't work with the Boost Mobile network they do offer a variety of new handsets to choose from.
If you're unsure that Boost Mobile is a good fit, you'll find plenty of money saving deals by comparing the best MVNOs across all networks.
Boost Mobile guides
- Boost Mobile Prepaid Phone Plans
- Best Boost Mobile Phone Plans
- Boost Mobile Unlimited Plans
- Best Boost Mobile Family Plans
- The Best Boost Mobile Deals
- Best Boost Mobile Hotspot Plans
- Boost Mobile Review
- Boost Mobile Reviews
- Boost Mobile SIM Cards
- Boost Mobile iPhone Deals
- Best Boost Mobile Phone Deals
- Boost Mobile Prepaid eSIM
- Boost Mobile BYOP: Phone Compatibility Check