MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
US Mobile's a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) that uses the Verizon and T-Mobile networks.
This means you'll get cheap service on a reliable and fast network when signing up for a US Mobile phone plan.
To find out more about US Mobile's coverage, keep reading below.
US Mobile wireless network in 2023
US Mobile network coverage
US Mobile doesn't own or operate its own cellular network but operates on T-Mobile and Verizon's existing networks without the high ticket price.
So you can expect the same nationwide 4G LTE wireless coverage and 5G high-speed data where it's available.
You can also pick which network you'd prefer, whether that's Verizon or T-Mobile. So if you're new to these networks, you can use our US Mobile coverage map to check the best coverage in your area with your ZIP code.
US Mobile Coverage Pros & Cons
US Mobile has some great options if you're looking to save money on your phone service without sacrificing quality. However, as with everything, there are advantages and disadvantages to US Mobile's coverage with the T-Mobile and Verizon network.
Benefits of US Mobile coverage
- 5G coverage: If you opt for the T-Mobile network, as a US Mobile customer, you'll get access to the best 5G coverage, according to this OpenSignal report.
- Bring your own phone: You can bring your own phone to US Mobile. As long as it's unlocked from its current carrier, it should be compatible with T-Mobile or Verizon's network.
Of course, there are things we don't like about US Mobile's coverage:
Disadvantages of US Mobile coverage
- Deprioritization and data cut-off: US Mobile customers' speeds are throttled during busy periods. However, on their custom plans, speeds are not throttled. Your data will be cut off with the option to purchase more. This includes unlimited data plans, as there's still a data cap.
- Limited international roaming: Only available to eSIM customers and at an extra cost.
Does US Mobile have fast data speeds?
I must warn you that during peak hours, your connection may experience a bit of a slowdown. Don't worry, though. It's just those high levels of network traffic that can cause some havoc for heavy data users.
To help prevent the lag, you can try downloading music, videos, podcasts, and more while you're connected to Wi-Fi. That way, you'll be prepared for all of life's adventures sans internet troubles.
US Mobile network FAQs
Recap: What towers does US Mobile use?
US Mobile is powered by both T-Mobile and Verizon's networks. And you can choose which has the best coverage in your area.
As a low-cost carrier, a US Mobile prepaid SIM card offers cheaper prices by operating on a major network rather than owning its own.
However, during peak times, network traffic can lead to slower data speeds, and international roaming is only available for US Mobile eSIM customers at an additional cost.
To find out more, you can read our US Mobile review.
US Mobile FAQs
- US Mobile Compatible Phones List
- US Mobile APN Settings
- US Mobile Customer Service FAQs
- Does US Mobile have a Free Trial?
- Does US Mobile have a Promo Code?
- Does US Mobile have Unlimited Data?
- How to Activate US Mobile eSIM
- How to Activate US Mobile SIM Card
- How to Get a Free US Mobile SIM Card
- How to Sign Up for US Mobile
- How to Switch to US Mobile
- What is US Mobile? Is it Worth it?
- What Network does US Mobile use?