MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Tello Mobile is an online MVNO, so you can skip the annoying store visits and grab your Tello SIM card with just a few clicks from your cozy couch.
Say goodbye to sales pitches and hello to stress-free browsing. Choose from an array of plans to fit your lifestyle, and have your SIM card kit delivered straight to your doorstep.
Want the perks of an eSIM? It's simple to pick your plan and be up and running in a few minutes.
Operating on the T-Mobile network, don't forget to make sure that you're covered in your neck of the woods by checking Tello coverage in your area.
How to get a Tello prepaid SIM card
Can I buy Tello SIM cards at a store?
Tello has no bricks and mortar stores, and their SIM cards are unavailable in retail stores. They are online only.
But the good news is, because of that, they can pass the savings on to you.
Buy a Tello prepaid SIM card online
Tello has an incredible range of SIM card plans online, and you can order your Tello SIM kit to be sent directly to your door.
When you sign up, you'll be sent a 3 in 1 SIM with a mini, micro, and nano SIM so you can pick the right one for your phone.
With an eSIM, this is embedded into your phone, so you'll just need to follow the on-screen prompts to activate your new plan.
How to activate your Tello SIM kit
You can activate your Tello SIM card online with a few simple steps.
- Go to the "My SIM" section of your Tello account
- Follow the steps and complete the information required
- When instructed, pop the new SIM card into your phone
- Follow a few more prompts. Then your phone should restart to activate your new plan
- If it's still not activated, reboot your phone again after 30 minutes
- If you're transferring a number across, once your SIM is activated, you can request your number to be ported over with Tello.
Tello phone compatibility
Worried about whether your current phone will work with a Tello SIM card? To bring your own phone to Tello, the main thing is that your phone's unlocked.
Most carriers lock a cell phone to keep you on their network, but they're required to have an unlocking policy. In fact, Verizon unlocks your phone 60 days after the activation process.
As long as your contracts are paid up to date, and your phone's not been used in fraudulent activity or been reported lost or stolen, your carrier should unlock it with no problem.
Tello SIM card FAQs
As an online carrier, you can buy Tello prepaid plans online. With a range of plans to pick from, that can help save money on your cell phone bill.
You can save money by bringing your phone to Tello, choosing a new number, or transferring your current number.
To learn more about this low-cost carrier, read our Tello review for more details.
- Tello Compatible Phones List
- Tello Mobile APN Settings
- Tello Customer Service FAQs
- Does Tello have a Free Trial?
- Does Tello have a Promo Code?
- Does Tello have Unlimited Data?
- How to Activate Tello eSIM
- How to Activate Tello SIM Card
- How to Get a Free Tello SIM Card
- How to Sign Up for Tello
- How to Switch to Tello
- What is Tello? Is it Worth it?
- Where to Buy a Tello SIM Card