MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Tello offers 4G LTE and 5G wireless coverage on the extensive T-Mobile network. While their plans are known for being affordable, you might be curious if their customer service is good enough to warrant switching.
Keep reading for everything you need to know about this carrier's contact options and how its customer support measures up against its competitors.
Tello customer support
How can I talk to Tello customer service?
Tello has you covered with multiple avenues to get in touch and receive the support you require.
- Customer service by phone: You can dial Tello's care team at 866-377-0294 or call 611 from your Tello phone. A helpful representative will promptly assist you with billing inquiries, tech issues, or account-related matters.
- Email form: If you prefer to communicate by email, you can use the form on the carrier's website to start a support ticket.
- Online chat: Customer service chat is available on Tello's website, giving you a great option for quick problem resolution without the need for a phone call.
Tello customer service number
Talk to a real person by contacting Tello's customer service number. This number is your go-to for assistance with things like setting up your new Tello plan to network problems, addressing phone issues, or anything related to your account.
For direct assistance from Tello, call their customer support number at 866-377-0294. Agents are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Activating your Tello plan
Once you've chosen your Tello plan, activating your SIM card only takes a few minutes. Below, I'll guide you through the activation steps for both Android and iPhone devices:
How to set up a Tello SIM card:
Follow these steps to activate your physical Tello SIM card:
- Go to MySIM in your Tello account.
- Follow the prompts until your activation is confirmed.
- Insert your SIM card into your device and turn it on.
- Follow the instructions on your phone screen.
If you bring your own phone, you may need to take a minute to configure some settings to optimize your phone service.
Follow these steps, depending on your phone's operating system:
Tello iPhone setup:
On an iOS device, you can view or adjust your APN settings in one of the following locations:
- Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
- Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.
Tello Android setup:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap More networks (under Connections, or More, Wireless & Networks, Wireless Controls, Wireless Manager, Phone Information).
- Select Mobile or Cellular networks.
- Select Access Point Names.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- Tap the Access Point you want to check.
- If you're adding a new APN, tap New APN.
Now all you need to do is use our handy Tello APN settings to plug the relevant information into your device.
Tello network issues
Encountering network glitches? No need to panic; try one of these easy fixes:
- Turn your phone off and on: There's a reason this method is so commonly recommended - it often works. Turn your phone off and back on, or toggle airplane mode on and off.
- Reinsert the SIM card: For those with a physical SIM, this step might help resolve issues. If you're using an eSIM, toggle it off and then on again.
- Software update check: I know system updates take extra time; the good news is that installing the latest version can fix various issues.
- Upgrade your phone or plan: If your device has seen better days, it might be time for a newer model. Old phones may cause compatibility issues.
Tello customer service reviews
It's tough to find a bad word about this carrier's customer support, although customer experiences vary. Here are some things their subscribers point out:
Tello customer service advantages
- Efficient assistance: Many users compliment this carrier on how easy it was to get someone to fix their problem.
- Fast response time: Tello is known for its hassle-free customer support availability.
- Friendly agents: Customers talk a lot about how friendly and helpful Tello customer service representatives are.
- Robust contact options: In addition to phone, chat, and email service, Tello also maintains a wide social media presence.
Tello customer service drawbacks
- Hangups: While researching this carrier, I noticed that a few people had been disconnected from their customer care chat or call while trying to get help.
- Issues paying by phone: A couple of times, users have reported instances of an agent refusing to take payment over the phone, instead requiring the customer to log in online.
I can attest to the fact that customer support experiences can differ widely in the mobile industry. Make sure to explore recent reviews on trusted sites to get a solid overall picture.
Tello provides all the ways you could possibly need support, catering to those who prefer phone calls and those who favor chat interactions.
While our investigation turned up a couple of unhappy customers, most users rave about the high quality of Tello customer support.
Thinking of switching to Tello? Don't miss our recent Tello customer reviews for the latest insights on what people are saying now.