MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Say goodbye to fiddly physical SIM cards and hello to the convenience of eSIM. Your Tello eSIM plan can be up and running in just a few minutes.
eSIM (embedded SIM) technology makes switching between carriers effortless. Plus, Tello leverages the power of T-Mobile's network, ensuring you save money without compromising coverage quality.
If you're ready to activate your Tello eSIM plan, you're in the right place. In this guide, I'll walk you through the steps to connect your phone service.
Tello eSIM Activation
Tello eSIM-compatible phones
As long as you have an eSIM-compatible device, chances are good it will work with Tello. Supported models include:
- Apple iPhone XR and newer
- Samsung Galaxy S20 and newer
- Google Pixel, starting with the Pixel 4
If you're unsure, you can use our phone compatibility checker to see if your device works with Tello.
Before activating your Tello eSIM
Before you start the activation process, a few quick checks will ensure a smooth experience:
- Verify that your phone is unlocked from its current carrier.
- If you're transferring your number to your Tello plan, have your account number and transfer PIN from your previous carrier on hand.
Tello eSIM activation
You can activate an eSIM as a new customer or convert your physical Tello SIM card to eSIM.
Activating a new line with a Tello eSIM:
- Log into your Tello account or create a new one.
- Pick a Tello plan.
- Choose the eSIM option at checkout.
- Enter your device IMEI.
- Complete your order.
Now go to the My SIM section of your online account and follow the instructions below according to whether you have an iPhone or Android device. Remember to remove your old SIM card first if there's still one installed.
Tello eSIM activation on Samsung devices
- Go to Settings > Connections > SIM Card Manager.
- Select "Add mobile plan."
- Tap on "Scan carrier QR code".
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete activation.
Tello eSIM activation on iOS devices
- Open your phone camera and scan the provided QR code.
- Tap the Cellular Plan Detected notification when it appears.
- Tap Continue at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Add Cellular Plan.
- Continue following the prompts to complete activation.
To convert Tello physical SIM to eSIM:
- Go to the My SIM section of your Tello account.
- Click Switch to eSIM.
- Enter your phone's IMEI number.
- Enter the provided Security PIN.
- Click Activate.
- Scan the QR code provided and follow the instructions.
Tello eSIM activation issues
While the activation process is generally smooth, hiccups can happen. Common problems and solutions include:
- Phone compatibility: Double-check that you have an eSIM-compatible phone and that it's been unlocked by your previous carrier.
- Unstable Wi-Fi connection: Sometimes, an error will occur if your network connection isn't strong. Make sure you have a stable connection to a Wi-Fi network.
Tello eSIM activation FAQs
Getting your Tello eSIM plan activated is quick and seamless. After setting up your Tello account online, follow the simple instructions, and your plan can be live in under 30 minutes.
After that, all that's left to do is enjoy the freedom and savings of your new Tello eSIM plan!
- Tello Compatible Phones List
- Tello Mobile APN Settings
- Tello Customer Service FAQs
- Does Tello have a Free Trial?
- Does Tello have a Promo Code?
- Does Tello have Unlimited Data?
- How to Activate Tello eSIM
- How to Activate Tello SIM Card
- How to Get a Free Tello SIM Card
- How to Sign Up for Tello
- How to Switch to Tello
- What is Tello? Is it Worth it?
- Where to Buy a Tello SIM Card