MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Xfinity Mobile is an MVNO, or Mobile Virtual Network Operator, operating on the Verizon network.
Benefiting from the same 4G LTE and 5G network that Verizon subscribers get, the difference is that you'll pay a lot less with an MVNO like Xfinity Mobile.
This guide explores Xfinity Mobile's coverage, including its advantages and disadvantages. Our objective is to provide you with the information you need to determine whether an Xfinity Mobile plan is the right fit for you.
Xfinity Mobile wireless network in 2023
Xfinity Mobile 5G & 4G LTE network coverage
Mobile Virtual Network Operators don't own their networks. Instead, they operate on one or more major networks to provide quality cell phone plans at a budget-friendly rate.
Xfinity Mobile is powered by Verizon's network. This allows Xfinity Mobile customers to enjoy the same phone service and wireless coverage as Verizon customers while saving hundreds of dollars per year.
With support for 4G LTE and 5G high-speed data where available on Verizon's network, Xfinity Mobile keeps you seamlessly connected wherever you go.
Wondering about coverage in your area? Consult our interactive Xfinity Mobile coverage map to make sure you have coverage in your ZIP code.
Xfinity Mobile coverage: pros & cons
Before switching carriers, it's essential to consider the pros and cons. Let's take a closer look at what Xfinity Mobile's cell service offers:
Benefits of Xfinity Mobile Coverage
- Superior mobile experience: Xfinity Mobile subscribers benefit from Verizon's network's reliable coverage and quality at half the price.
- Additional features available: Similar to major carriers, Xfinity Mobile offers optional extras like international plans, mobile hotspot usage, and access to Xfinity Mobile Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide.
- Flexible plan options: Choose from multiple versions of Xfinity Mobile's unlimited plan and by-the-gig cell phone plans, each with a different monthly data limit. Plus, you can get a separate allotment for mobile hotspot data.
Disadvantages of Xfinity Mobile coverage
- Limited eligibility: Xfinity Mobile is exclusively available to Xfinity Internet subscribers. If you're not an Xfinity Internet customer, you'll need to sign up for Internet if you want an Xfinity Mobile plan. On the plus side, Xfinity Mobile customers can qualify for additional discounts by bundling Xfinity services.
- Extra charge if you cancel internet: If you decide to cancel your Xfinity Internet, you will see an extra fee on your Xfinity Mobile monthly bill.
Does Xfinity Mobile provide fast data speeds?
As a Verizon MVNO, Xfinity Mobile runs on its powerful network, providing 4G LTE and 5G speeds where available. During periods of network congestion, you may experience temporary slowdowns.
Avoid mobile deprioritization by optimizing your data usage: download necessary content, such as maps and videos, while connected to WiFi.
Xfinity Mobile network FAQs
What towers does Xfinity Mobile use?
Xfinity Mobile operates on the towers of the Verizon network, ensuring the same wireless coverage at half the price. You can check coverage in your area with our Xfinity Mobile coverage map.
Can I bring my own phone to Xfinity Mobile?
Absolutely! As long as your device is compatible with Verizon's network, you can bring your own phone to Xfinity Mobile. You can also keep your phone number with Xfinity Mobile by simply porting it over during activation.
Does Xfinity Mobile offer 5G?
Yes! Xfinity Mobile provides 5G wireless service on the Verizon network. As long as your cell phone is 5G compatible, you can take full advantage of Xfinity Mobile's fastest data speeds.
Do I need to be an Xfinity Internet customer to get Xfinity Mobile?
Yes. You need to subscribe to Xfinity Internet to be able to use the Xfinity Mobile service.
Recap: What towers does Xfinity Mobile use?
As a low-cost carrier, Xfinity Mobile is powered by Verizon's network to give you quality mobile services that won't break the bank.
Switching to Xfinity Mobile is simple. Order an Xfinity Mobile SIM starter kit to get on the road to bigger savings on your mobile service.
If you're ready to learn more, check out our Xfinity Mobile review for further insights into how you can save money with this Verizon MVNO.