Xfinity Mobile Plans
- 5G and 4G LTE network coverage
- ASCI #1 in Customer Satisfaction
- 18 million WiFi hotspots nationwide
- Only available to Xfinity internet customers
- By-the-gig plan gets pricey
- Data speeds top out at about 12 Mbps
- Mobile hotspot speeds throttled to 600 Kbps
That's not the only big name Xfinity Mobile is connected to since they operate on the Verizon Wireless Network.
With such a big company you probably expect a big price tag right? Wrong.
Like every other MVNO Xfinity Mobile buys space from one or more of the "big four" (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, and T-Mobile) and doles it out to consumers like you at low costs.
Like most MVNOs everything is done online - as there are no brick-and-mortars - so while you do have access to the Verizon network, they won't be able to help you in the store.
There is a catch however, you must either already be an XFINITY internet customer, or sign up first before you will be able to reap the benefits of this MVNO.
Keep reading for a more detailed Xfinity Mobile review that will help you decide if this MVNO is right for you.
Xfinity Mobile Highlights
- Coverage provided by the Verizon network
- Postpaid service - no contract or activation fee, credit check may be required
- 14-day money-back satisfaction guarantee
- Bring your own compatible phone or buy an Xfinity phone
- Keep your phone number
- Mobile hotspot/tethering supported
- Texting to over 200 countries included for free; international calling charged at applicable rates
- International roaming available in over 200 countries
- Customer service available via phone, chat, and Facebook Messenger
Xfinity Mobile Prepaid Plans
|1GB Data||Unltd/Unltd||1GB||$15** Available to Xfinity Internet Customers|
|3GB Data||Unltd/Unltd||3GB||$30** Available to Xfinity Internet Customers|
|Unlimited Data||Unltd/Unltd||Unltd||$45** Available to Xfinity Internet Customers|
With XFINITY Mobile you can either pay "by the gig" or purchase their unlimited data plan. The average Verizon user on an unlimited plan uses about 4 GB of data per month. However, we've found that purchasing 4 GB of monthly data usage through Xfinity actually costs more than their unlimited plan.
As far as multiple line plans go you don't receive any type of discount on the other lines. You simply pay for the number of gigs or for the unlimited plan for the other lines - which, can add up quickly. However, keep in mind that Verizon doesn't give discounts for adding a line either so your savings will still add up!
Xfinity Mobile Savings
Verizon vs Xfinity Mobile Plan Comparison
Keep your Verizon phone, number & coverage: Save $420 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G LTE Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|Verizon||Verizon 4G LTE||Unltd*||$80/mo||$960/yr|
|Xfinity Mobile||Verizon 4G LTE||Unltd||$45/mo||$540/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$35/mo||$420/yr|
Xfinity Mobile Coverage
Like we've said, XFINITY Mobile runs on the Verizon network. Meaning you'll get the same reliability and coverage as customers with Verizon… just under a different name.
Verizon Wireless has excellent coverage throughout the nation for the most part. To see if you happen to be in an area without coverage or weak coverage is as easy as checking the XFINITY Mobile coverage map.
As far as WiFi hotspots go, XFINITY Mobile bosts to having upwards of 18 million all over the country. Remember, you have to be an XFINITY internet customer in order to be on the mobile plan so this is just one of the perks of combining the two.
Xfinity Mobile Cell Phone Plans
Xfinity Mobile Phone Deals
Xfinity Mobile leaves you with a lot of options when it comes to devices:
- Buy new through the site – Buy even the newest iPhone or Android phones through their shop and pay monthly like you would with any big 4 carrier. Keep in mind that this will probably bring your phone bill back to around what you pay with Verizon.
- Bring your own phone (BYOP) – You can only do this if you already have a Verizon or Sprint device since Verizon is a CDMA network. If you BYOP you'll need to purchase an XFINITY Mobile SIM Card.
- Buy refurbished – MoneySavingPro makes it easy for you to find the device you want at an affordable price by shopping certified refurbished phone compatible with Xfinity Mobile.
If you bring your own phone, you'll need to change to the XFINITY Mobile APN settings.
If you're not familiar with MVNOs it's understandable to have more than a few questions. Hopefully, we can help you out!
Here are a few questions you may have, that we'll be sure to go over.
- Does Xfinity Mobile (Verizon network) have good coverage in your area?
- How much data do you need?
- Do you have a compatible cell phone or are you going to pay outright for an Xfinity Mobile device?
- Are you going to bring your own device or buy another one?
XFINITY Mobile allows you to stay on the Verizon network for almost half the price. Just think about what you could do with those savings! Be sure to check their prices with cheap cell phone plans from other low-cost carriers.
Be sure to check out what real customers are saying about this carrier in the XFINITY Mobile reviews section.
You can save even more money by purchasing a refurbished phone instead of paying a thousand dollars for a new phone.