Tello vs Xfinity Mobile: Which carrier is best?
We compared Tello & Xfinity Mobile plans, coverage & customer ratings: Which cell phone service is best for you?
MoneySavingPro independently researches the products & services to bring you our recommendations. We may earn money when you click our links - disclosure policy.
Looking to switch carrier but not sure if Tello or Xfinity Mobile is better?
Within this guide, you'll be able to compare Tello and Xfinity Mobile coverage, features, plans and prices side-by-side, so you can decide for yourself which carrier offers the best deal.
Tello vs Xfinity Mobile: Coverage & Plan Comparison 2023
Tello vs Xfinity Mobile plans
- T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE networks Tello operates on the T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE networks. This allows you to receive the same wireless coverage but at a fraction of the cost.
- Unlimited talk and text
- 1GB data
- $784 in annual savings Savings are calculated comparing the cost of the Tello 1GB vs an unlimited data plan from T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon over the first 12 months.
* Only $6 for first month
Tello phone plans keep things simple with their wireless service. None of those hidden fees or long-term contracts that'll leave you feeling trapped.
With free international calls to 60+ countries on all plans, including Canada and Mexico, and a range of data allowances suitable for light to heavy users.
- T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE wireless coverage
- Free international calling to 60+ countries
- Free mobile hotspot included
- Excellent score on Trustpilot
- eSIM compatible
- No international roaming
- No multi-line discounts
- Not only are their plans affordable for all budgets, but you can build your own plan. Depending on your usage, you get to choose how much data, minutes, and texts you need, so you're not paying for stuff you don't use.
- It's always worth checking your data usage as a set data plan could save money and help restrict excessive phone usage.
- Mobile hotspot is available with a limit of 5 GB of data.
- Tello doesn't offer any discounts if you purchase multiple lines, so if you're looking to get a plan for another family member, each line is billed as a single line at full price. However, you can still save money due to the low cost of their individual plans.
- Being online-based means that activation of an eSIM plan can take just a few clicks, or you can have a SIM card mailed to you.
Xfinity Mobile 1GB
- Verizon 5G & 4G LTE networks Xfinity Mobile operates on the Verizon 5G & 4G LTE networks. This allows you to receive the same wireless coverage but at a fraction of the cost.
- Unlimited talk and text
- 1GB data
- $720 in annual savings Savings are calculated comparing the cost of the Xfinity Mobile 1GB vs an unlimited data plan from T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon over the first 12 months.
- 5G nationwide network
- Unlimited data plans
- Access to millions of Wi-Fi hotspots
- Only for Xfinity internet customers
- Data slowed over 20GB of usage
Tello vs Xfinity Mobile comparison
Tello plans start at $6* and Xfinity Mobile plans start as low $15. With no contract, you can get some of the cheapest cell phone plans when shopping for a deal with MVNO's like Tello and Xfinity Mobile.
|Tello 1GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||1GB||$6/mo $10/mo|
|Tello 2GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||2GB||$8/mo $14/mo|
|Tello unlimited talk & text plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||0GB||$8/mo|
|Tello 5GB plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||5GB||$19/mo|
|Tello unlimited data plan||T-Mobile 5G/4G Coverage||Unltd||$29/mo|
|Xfinity Mobile 1GB plan||Verizon 5G/4G Coverage||1GB||$15/mo|
|Xfinity Mobile 3GB plan||Verizon 5G/4G Coverage||3GB||$30/mo|
|Xfinity Mobile unlimited data plan||Verizon 5G/4G Coverage||Unltd||$45/mo|
|Xfinity Mobile unlimited data plan||Verizon 5G/4G Coverage||Unltd||$55/mo|
|Xfinity Mobile unlimited data plan||Verizon 5G/4G Coverage||Unltd||$65/mo|
Tello vs Xfinity Mobile coverage
Tello is powered by T-Mobile and Xfinity Mobile is powered by Verizon. Coverage can vary depending on your location. You can check their availability in your area by using our coverage checker.
Tello is powered by T-Mobile 5G & 4G LTE wireless networks.
Xfinity Mobile coverage
Xfinity Mobile is powered by Verizon 5G & 4G LTE wireless networks.
Find the cheapest cell phone service in your area
Enter your ZIP code below to find the best cell phone service in your area.
Tello vs Xfinity Mobile plan features
|Carrier Features||Tello||Xfinity Mobile|
|Data Speed||5G & 4G LTE||5G & 4G LTE|
|Bring Your Phone||Yes (Only iPhones)|
|Keep Your Number|
|Contract||No - prepaid||No - prepaid|
|Money Back Guarantee||Yes - 3 days|
|International Calls||Yes - Includes Mexico, Canada & China|
Tello vs Xfinity Mobile customer service
Tello customer service
Contact Tello customer care
Call (866) 377-0294
Tag @tellomobile on Twitter
Xfinity Mobile customer service
Contact Xfinity Mobile customer care
Call (888) 936-4968
Tag @xfinitymobile on Twitter
Tello vs Xfinity Mobile FAQs
Tello comparison guides
- Boost Infinite vs Tello
- Boost Mobile vs Tello
- Lycamobile vs Tello
- Mint Mobile vs Tello
- Red Pocket vs Tello
- Tello vs Boost Infinite
- Tello vs Consumer Cellular
- Tello vs Cricket Wireless
- Tello vs Kroger Wireless
- Tello vs Lycamobile
- Tello vs Metro by T-Mobile
- Tello vs Optimum Mobile
- Tello vs PureTalk
- Tello vs Reach Mobile
- Tello vs Red Pocket