What is US Mobile & is it worth it?
Flexible, no contract plans
24/7 customer service
5G coverage available
No international calling
Providing prepaid cell phone plans, US Mobile is a low-cost carrier known as a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO). They operate on the T-Mobile and Verizon networks to bring you cheaper plans, but with trusted coverage.
US Mobile's cheap cell phone plans are known for their extreme flexibility. With a great selection of plan combinations available there's something to fit everyone.
You pick the number of texts, talk minutes, and data you need, allowing you to only pay for what you actually use.
US Mobile plans
US Mobile family plans
|Plan||1 line||2 lines||3 lines||4 lines|
|US Mobile 500MB||$5||$10$5/line||$15$5/line||$20$5/line|
|US Mobile Unlimited Talk & Text||$8||$16$8/line||$24$8/line||$32$8/line|
|US Mobile 2GB||$12||$24$12/line||$36$12/line||$48$12/line|
|US Mobile 5GB||$15||$30$15/line||$45$15/line||$60$15/line|
|US Mobile 15GB||$20||$40$20/line||$60$20/line||$80$20/line|
US Mobile benefits
If you fancy a new cell phone plan that's inexpensive, US Mobile plans can offer just that.
MVNOs offer the best cell phone plans with a range of affordable plans for any budget. Typically, starting from around $15 a month, depending on what you need from your cell phone plan.
We've listed a range of features and benefits to help you decide if US Mobile's plans offer the best service for you.
- Quality coverage: Powered by the Verizon and T-Mobile networks, you can expect the same nationwide coverage. To see if Verizon or T-Mobile's network is the best coverage in your area you can check out the US Mobile coverage map.
- Value for money: US Mobile SIM cards offer value and simplicity with their plans. Although you'll find the same features and coverage as a plan direct from T-Mobile or Verizon, US Mobile could save you up to $600 a year.
- No contracts: As a prepaid carrier, you won't have to sign a 12 or 24-months contract. So if you're not happy with your plan there are no restrictions to keep you locked in.
- Phone and plan bundles: If you're interested in upgrading your cell phone, you can find a range of the best US Mobile phones to choose from. Just like a phone and plan bundle from one of the major networks, but with affordable options.
- Bring your own phone: If you don't want to upgrade your phone you can easily bring your own, with US Mobile bring your own phone plans. You'll just need to check your cell phone is fully compatible.
- Easy set up: Being online-based, it's quick to choose and purchase your US Mobile SIM starter kit. Once your SIM card's arrived, it's easy to set up and you'll be up and running with a few simple steps.
- Unlimited talk & text: Most MVNOs provide unlimited talk and text with their plans.
- 4G LTE coverage: Operating on the T-Mobile or Verizon network, you'll receive their 4G LTE data speeds.
- 5G high-speed data: If you have a 5G compatible device you can get access to the warp speed 5G network (where it's available) at no extra cost with US Mobile 5G plans.
- Unlimited data: Depending on how much data you want, US Mobile unlimited plans offer unlimited everything at half the price of a Verizon or T-Mobile unlimited plan.
- Multiple lines: Most prepaid carriers offer a discount for additional lines purchased, making US Mobile family plans a great money-saving option when buying more than one line.
- Personal hotspot: US Mobile hotspot plans are great when you're traveling or away from home. You can use your mobile hotspot data to tether to your laptop or tablet so you can continue working or watching Netflix without WiFi.
- Instant connectivity: With the latest technology a US Mobile eSIM can connect you to your new plan instantly. When you sign up you'll receive a QR code that once scanned activates your plan ready to use.
- Customer service: Find out what current US Mobile customers are saying with US Mobile customer reviews.
- Data only: If you're looking for data plans you'll find a range of US Mobile internet plans suitable for use with tablets and other mobile devices.
- Promo codes: You can compare US Mobile deals and promo codes to see what savings are currently available, however, these deals change regularly.
How much is US Mobile?
|US Mobile 500MB||500MB||Verizon & T-Mobile||$5/mo|
|US Mobile Unlimited Talk & Text||0GB||Verizon & T-Mobile||$8/mo|
|US Mobile 2GB||2GB||Verizon & T-Mobile||$12/mo|
|US Mobile 5GB||5GB||Verizon & T-Mobile||$15/mo|
|US Mobile 15GB||15GB||Verizon & T-Mobile||$20/mo|
|US Mobile 25GB||25GB||Verizon & T-Mobile||$25/mo|
|US Mobile Unlimited Data Basic||Unltd||Verizon & T-Mobile||$35/mo|
|US Mobile Unlimited Data Premium||Unltd||Verizon & T-Mobile||$45/mo|
|* FREE 10-Day Trial|
US Mobile coverage
What network does US Mobile use?
Operating on both T-Mobile and Verizon, you'll get nationwide coverage with GSM LTE or Super LTE.
Does US Mobile have good coverage?
US Mobile features
- Bring your own phone - If you're not looking for the latest smartphone, bring your own phone and save even more money. It's hassle-free to switch over and you can keep the same number.
- Mobile hotspot - Mobile hotspots are available as add ons with US Mobile unlimited data plans. Helping you stay connected to the internet if you're traveling.
- Wi-Fi calling - Wi-Fi calling allows you to still be able to receive and make calls and texts over Wi-Fi if you're struggling with your mobile coverage.
- International calling & roaming - International roaming is available with some plans and international data packs are available to purchase separately. International calling is a new feature with plans on the Super LTE network.
US Mobile data speed
Does US Mobile have 5G?
You can get access to the 5G network at no extra cost with US Mobile, with a 5G compatible device.
US Mobile hotspot plans
|US Mobile 100MB Data Only||100MB||Verizon & T-Mobile||$2/mo|
|US Mobile 500MB Data Only||500MB||Verizon & T-Mobile||$5/mo|
|US Mobile 2GB Data Only||2GB||Verizon & T-Mobile||$10/mo|
|US Mobile 4GB Data Only||4GB||Verizon & T-Mobile||$15/mo|
|US Mobile 6GB Data Only||6GB||Verizon & T-Mobile||$20/mo|
|US Mobile 15GB Data Only||15GB||Verizon & T-Mobile||$26/mo|
|* FREE 10-Day Trial|
US Mobile customer service
Read what real customers are saying about this carrier in our US Mobile customer reviews.
Customer support is available online or by phone 24/7.
US Mobile customer service number: (878) 205-0088
US Mobile competitors
Verizon vs US Mobile comparison
Keep your Verizon phone, number & coverage: Save $720 per year
|Carrier||Network Coverage||4G/5G Data||Price||Annual Cost|
|Verizon||Verizon 4G & 5G||Unltd*||$80/mo||$960/yr|
|US Mobile||Verizon 4G & 5G||15GB||$20/mo||$240/yr|
|*Don't waste money on unlimited data - Avg. data usage is only 3-5GB||Savings||$60/mo||$720/yr|
- AT&T vs US Mobile
- Mint Mobile vs US Mobile
- T-Mobile vs US Mobile
- Ting vs US Mobile
- US Mobile vs Ting
- Verizon vs US Mobile
US Mobile phones
|Samsung Galaxy A13||$23/mo||-|
|Motorola Moto G Power||-||$23/mo|
|Motorola Moto G Stylus||-||$27/mo|
|Apple iPhone SE||$39/mo||-|
|Samsung Galaxy S22||-||$59/mo|
|Apple iPhone 14 Pro||-||$63/mo|
|Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra||-||$63/mo|
|Samsung Galaxy S21 FE||-||$64/mo|
|Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max||-||$69/mo|
|Apple iPhone 12||-||$71/mo|
|Apple iPhone 13||-||$74/mo|
|Samsung Galaxy S22+||-||$77/mo|
You can bring your own phone or purchase a new one from US Mobile. Although only a small selection they include some of the latest smartphones.
Whether you buy a new phone or bring your own, you can guarantee a hassle-free switch.
Bring your own phone to US Mobile
US Mobile will simply provide you with a prepaid SIM card. You pop it into your cell phone and follow the provider's instructions. You need an unlocked phone (meaning your carrier has released it for use on another network). You can check that your phone is compatible with US Mobile before you sign up and the rest is a breeze.
Just make sure you don't cancel your current phone plan until you've ported your phone number over to the new carrier.
Making the switch is easy when you bring your own phone.
- Order the US Mobile SIM card starter kit online.
- Replace the SIM card in your phone and follow the activation process.
- If you wish to transfer your phone number, the process may take up to 24 hours.
- Enjoy the same phone service at a fraction of the cost of the big networks.
Verdict - Is US Mobile good?
US Mobile offers a wide range of cell phone plans that not only save you money but give you the flexibility to customize or leave if your needs change.
Hooking onto two top networks - Verizon and T-Mobile. You'll get nationwide 4G LTE coverage you can trust.
US Mobile gets consistently good customer reviews and offer simplicity when switching over if you choose to bring your own phone or buy one of their latest handsets.
US Mobile FAQs
What network does US Mobile use?
US Mobile is powered by the T-Mobile and Verizon 4G LTE & 5G national networks.
What is US Mobile?
US Mobile is low-cost carriers that offers a range of cheap cell phone plans starting at $10 per month.
Will my phone work with US Mobile?
Running on T-Mobile (GSM) and Verizon (CDMA) means that most unlocked phones will work with US Mobile. However, be sure to check your phone on their website before buying a US Mobile plan.
MoneySavingPro is here to bring transparency to telecoms, putting power back in your hands. This guides everything we do.
- We've got high standards. We use our industry expertise to find carriers that reach these standards. We all deserve the best value for money, choice, and customer experience.
- We care about accuracy. MoneySavingPro is run by cell phone geeks and money-saving obsessives. Our content team researches everything thoroughly so that information you read here will give you the whole picture. Everything we do is backed up by the data.
- We keep things simple. It's our job to break down what you need to know, so you can make informed choices.