Unlike the four major carriers, US Mobile allows you to choose from a wide variety of plans. You pick the number of texts, talk minutes, and data you need. This allows you to pay only for what you actually use rather than one blanket price for unlimited data you don't need.
COMPARE NOW: US Mobile Cell Phone Plans
US Mobile's cheap cell phone plans are known for their extreme flexibility. With nearly 400 plan combinations available there's literally something to fit virtually everyone.
Read on to see our full US Mobile review!
Table of Contents
US Mobile Highlights
- Coverage on either the T-Mobile or Verizon network
- Risk-free trial for 14 days, 300 minutes, 300 texts or 300 MB of data, whichever comes first
- Prepaid - no contract, credit check, or activation fee
- Bring your own GSM or CDMA phone or choose from a small selection of phones for sale
- Keep your own phone number
- Mobile hotspot use available as add-on option with unlimited data plans
- No international calling or roaming
- Add-ons available for talk, text, and data, with rollover
- 24/7 customer support
US Mobile Cell Phone Plans
So how does US Mobile's unlimited data plan measure up to the big guys?
Before we get to our unlimited data comparison chart we need to talk about data speeds, so that we're comparing apples to apples.
US Mobile offers three options in terms of unlimited data speeds:
- Standard: 1 Mbps - sufficient for surfing the internet, email, and music streaming
- Fast: 5 Mbps - social media, video streaming and conferencing (comparable to Verizon Go Unlimited)
- Ludicrous: Unlimited (up to 150 Mbps) - HD video streaming and heavy gaming (comparable to Verizon Above Unlimited)
OpenSignal reports that T-Mobile is the fastest network with an average download speed of 19.42 Mbps. So while we can't make an exact speed comparison, for the purposes of this chart we'll be comparing both fast and ludicrous prices with the relevant T-Mobile and Verizon plans.
US Mobile Pricing: Is It Competitive?
|Carrier||Network Coverage||Data Limit||Monthly Price||Annual Price|
|Verizon||Verizon 4G LTE||Unlimited*||$75||$900|
|US Mobile||Verizon 4G LTE||5GB||$25||$300|
|* Avg. Verizon unlimited plan customer uses 4GB data|
Coverage: US Mobile Phone Options
If you're ordering a regular plan from US Mobile your service will be on the T-Mobile network, which the carrier calls GSM LTE. Their Super LTE is reserved for unlimited plans, which run on the Verizon Wireless network.
Regardless of the plan you choose, the process of getting coverage on this carrier is very simple. Choose your plan, check your phone's compatibility, then order one of the applicable SIM cards.
Let's check out the coverage for both of these carriers.
T-Mobile consistently comes in third overall according to the RootMetrics performance report. The network excels in metropolitan locations, delivering fast speeds and reliable coverage. T-Mobile coverage struggles in some rural areas so you'll want to check the map to make sure your location is covered by a 4G LTE signal.
According to OpenSignal, the Verizon Wireless network boasts 4G LTE coverage 93.7% of the time. The network excels in both rural and metro areas, making it a dependable choice for most US Mobile customers.
US Mobile Cell Phone Deals
US Mobile Phone Options
US Mobile keeps things simple by focusing only on cell phone plans. The carrier does not sell devices, so you'll have two choices as far as phones go:
- Keep your current device. This is the easiest and cheapest phone option. You'll check your device's compatibility on the carrier website then make sure it's unlocked (don't worry, we show you how to unlock a phone).
- Buy a refurbished phone. You can get a late model smartphone at half the cost of retail using our US Mobile phone comparison tool.
Luckily, US Mobile operates on both the GSM and CDMA networks making buying refurbished an easy task. How do you know if your phone is CDMA or GSM? Simple, ask yourself which network you're currently on:
- CDMA - Sprint & Verizon
- GSM - T-Mobile & AT&T
Either way, you may have to adjust some settings in your phone. In that case, you'll want to check out US Mobile APN settings.
Key Considerations When Choosing US Mobile
Because each MVNO offers something a little different in terms of features and pricing, you'll want to ask yourself a few questions before making a decision:
- Do I need international calling?
- Am I a heavy data user or would a smaller plan suffice?
- Is there strong coverage in my area?
- Do I want to bring my own phone, or buy a new (or used) device?
US Mobile is a great service provider with affordable prepaid plans for both Android and iPhone users, as long as you don't need international calling.
You'll get reliable 4G LTE service on one of the two fastest networks in the United States, and the custom options are flexible enough to fit nearly anyone's needs.
If you don't want to bring your own device, remember to compare cell phone prices on compatible US Mobile smartphones. We make it simple for you to see the best prices from reliable sellers on the popular devices you're looking for.
COMPARE NOW: US Mobile Cell Phone Plans